whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the finishing touches on chipper and stumper today. They came out pretty good if you ask me.

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

Good job Blake's, man I woulda sent mine down for you to do while you were at it! I want to get my chipper painted in the next month

Wow im out of shape took five leeds out of a big ugly pine. Two loads of chips,two loads of wood. Not even half done. By three i was shot. All i got lined up are big climbers. Atleast im workn!

They look pretty good man , I mean you did real well !

They look brand new! I know when mine was done last year I just wanted to stand around and eyeball screw it all day. I was a little disapointed that vemeer changed the little dutchman.

They look brand new! I know when mine was done last year I just wanted to stand around and eyeball screw it all day. I was a little disapointed that vemeer changed the little dutchman.

Little Dutchman? You talking about the goofy lookin' fellow holding the shovel that used to be on the machine? We were just commenting today how we liked that logo much better than the gay flex shot guy they sent us with these stickers. On a related note, vermeers stickers were of a MUCH better quality than bandits.

Little Dutchman? You talking about the goofy lookin' fellow holding the shovel that used to be on the machine? We were just commenting today how we liked that logo much better than the gay flex shot guy they sent us with these stickers. On a related note, vermeers stickers were of a MUCH better quality than bandits.

Ya, thats the one im talking about. I guess the new one looks alright, I was just used to the old digging dutch man.

Vermeer is made in Pella Ia its a big dutch community. They have windmills everywhere and the people are funny.

Thanks. There's things I wish I would have done better but I'm happy with them. Figure I want to become an expert at painting equipment by the time I can afford to start buying new! Lol

You still need to know how to do it, i bought mine new in 08 and yours looks a lot better and i think I'm only at 1200 hrs on my 250xp. Im afraid to try and tackle it myself ive never really painted before but would love to do it. My chute and some other parts are starting to bubble up and rust. I keep the stumpers and other stuff inside so they stay pretty nice but the chippers wind up outside.

This should be the last year tho i'm gonna build an 60x100 so i should be able to get everything under a roof. right now my garage is packed to the gills and its 4800 square ft. My clear span is full of next years salt so I'm to afraid to park trucks in there.

The county to the north of me is all dutch, I wont even look at a job there anymore. Another tree guy and his cousin the local cop ran me out of a town a few years ago. I did see the tree guy in my city at a hydraulic sales place. I pulled my truck in front of his and blocked him in he wouldnt get out of his truck and looked like he was going to start crying.

My 6year old flushed his apple core down the toilet downstairs and its stuck somewhere in the toilet.

Whats a reasonable price to pay someone for a paint job like you did blakes, or anyone that knows

The hardest part is preping. Me and one of my guys spent 5 days grinding on my chipper. We did drink some beer and bull#### some too. My brother painted it in a few hours, he's done body work for 20 years. I think you could get a decent job done for a couple grand.

Good luck getting that out !

my kids are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, i have to take the toilet off the ground and replace that ####ing ring a few times a year. last one was a perfume bottle that they flushed like 6 times so it was wedged in the pipe pretty good.

my wife had that fancy toilet scrubber that you could push the button and replace the ends she tried flushing those once to FML. :cry::cry: i actually ended up cracking the thing one time and replaced it with one of those power flushes thats like having a 454 powerd crapper.

Last edited:
my kids are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, i have to take the toilet off the ground and replace that ####ing ring a few times a year. last one was a perfume bottle that they flushed like 6 times so it was wedged in the pipe pretty good.

I had toilet locks , #### that #### I am not gonna be shoulder deep in #### for something that I can fix for under 20 bucks :laugh:

The hardest part is preping. Me and one of my guys spent 5 days grinding on my chipper. We did drink some beer and bull#### some too. My brother painted it in a few hours, he's done body work for 20 years. I think you could get a decent job done for a couple grand.

i really got to get it done because the winch is a different color even and it drives me nuts. I found a totaled 1890 and got the winch off it for a couple hundred bucks and it bolted right on to the 250.

I had toilet locks , #### that #### I am not gonna be shoulder deep in #### for something that I can fix for under 20 bucks :laugh:

Its awful i usually have to take a plastic bag to throw up in the smell that the water holds down is unbelievable. i put it off for a few days last time was really dreading it. i made everyone use the toilet in the basement, my boy loves dinosaurs and a lot of them made the trip down the crapper. It hasn't happened in a while so I'm hoping we are over that stage.

Last edited:
I'll buy that winch from ya tiger !

sold i even have all the hydraulics less than a year old. they where put on by bandit all oem stuff. you have a few months to make me an offer on it i think it is going to get traded in on a tier three 1590 before my dealer sells them off and only has tier 4 stuff. i hate to do it tho if you want the machine they offered me 22 for it. its a 2008 with 1200 hours i traded its brother for 19 it had closer to 2k hours. ive contemplated keeping it but they are putting 180hp in the 1590 now and they chip 18 half decent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back