whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright beans im uploading some personal never before seen photos from my iphone so children gather around for the tale of grandpa cuts himself.

Damn thats nasty. So did u rescue him out of the tree then? Could ya explain how it went down, again, lots to learn from this.

It was a close one

Slipped and smashed my knee on a big cobblestone today. OOOOUUUUCH! Was cutting a stump with my 66 and when I was done I stepped out of the landscape bed, caught my foot on a root and went flying with the saw in my hand, instantly thought about landing on that blade, so I tossed the saw. But don't worry, the saw is OK!

Ohhhhhh tree pig , what were you thinking
4abasy5y.jpg

lol now thats pretty funny... not sure who the cop is for sure... but I think its a guy who just got fired for an idea that was even less bright then that one.

I can remember doing storm work for the big o years ago right in the city of Hartford. We had a police detail everywhere we went, definetly some sketchy hoods, I was standing next to the cop when we heard a gun shot. Now Im from NH, i shoot guns, all my neighbors shoot, ya just know when its close. That cop didnt even flinch, i gave him a baffled look, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "what are ya gonna do". I was like wtf?

dude were you about around our north end right near the edge of Keeney Park, taking a tree off some wires?

Yes, we fellers were doing just that. And what? We were wrong to do so? Sure everybody had a laugh, some people got there trees done real cheap and Matt has an experience that will last his lifetime but in reality, well, you see reality right there in full color then don't ya?
I guess so

Had a few horses booked in to shoe
Owners wont run to standin in the rain n sleet so put me off
spent the morning in the shed putting a transmission in a electric buggy for an old girl at my golf club
bewdy finally got that sorted

then went out to olmates farm on the river flats picked up one of three loads Ive had cut up
bucketed down still is
Ill maybe get another two tomorrow
maybe um worried the river will take it
but Im buggered and in by the fire now n thatll do me for the day

I went fishing. Loaded up the Kayak and went to La Jolla at 3:30 this morning hoping for a yellow tail or white seabass. Got skunked.View attachment 303071

"Kayak" ocean no way, you won't catch me in no ocean in anything less than a ship :) I only been to the Atlantic so far and I put my big toe into it. That's as far as I go into one :monkey:

I mowed the grass, then blew **** up. Had 3 inch mortars for the first time, Holy bejeezus! Think they where about 3 times as big as the 1" ones............hehe. Had about 30 peeps over, so it was fun. Kids running around with that dazed look over their eyes, just itching to light something on fire! No cops this year, the guy that called on us last year, had his own this year. Glad he joined the team! I light my big fire pit after a couple months of stacking it up. Flames had to be 30ft for about 10 minutes. Still burning right now.
Anybody ever cook with cast iron in a burn pit? Always wanted to make a cobbler or sumtin like that with fruit from one of the trees I worked on and use the wood from the same tree, dorky I know, but still think it would be cool to do. Was up till 1230, which is nuts, I haven't been up that late in years, over slept today, so I am getting around.........to get going.

Early day, guys are off and I got a truck empty and ready for the scales. Got a crew leaving early Monday for Mission Viejo for a few days, should be a beautiful week. Trying to finish all the school district work before school starts. Working the next 6 Saturday's starting next week to stay on track. Going to Nana's pool tomorrow, she has one of the pools in So-Cal that was built in the 70's. It is super huge. The deep end is 12 feet,,,,
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Finished up 2 jobs today that required getting up on rooftops. First one, trouble parking. Second one, trouble parking; we were supposed to take out 4 dead branches over the car-port with the power pole saw. He only wanted 3... ok, get those down... "oh why didn't you do this other stub here?" Well because I couldn't reach it with the power pole saw, and it wasn't bothering anybody (power company cut it that way) Went to move the truck out of the way so I could cut it... nowhere to park, neighbor came out yelling. Went to start another job, lady wanted a few lower branches for more light for the rose bushes... got them, now she wants more work done. Saw the Devil, she was moderately happy. Will see her again tomorrow, hopefully not for too long. Got an e-mail from one of my clients this afternoon, they wanted to know if me or a friend could come help the husband installing sod for a few hours. Smart people... buy 5000 sq of sod this week. It was 90 out there today and humid... supposed to be the same tomorrow, and this stuff is going out in the full sun. Wonder who will be crazy enough to help them.

sgreanbe. Still burning right now. Anybody ever cook with cast iron in a burn pit? Always wanted to make a cobbler or sumtin like that with fruit from one of the trees I worked on and use the wood from the same tree said:
I think that sounds cool.
For something like a cobbler in a Dutch Oven you want to burryit in the coals. But not too hot. . Make sure the lid stays on goot. But loose enough so the steam can escape or you will have more fireworks :msp_mellow::msp_ohmy:

Latest posts

Back