whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out this morning to look at a large red oak that blew down on a guy's storage building from the wind we had last night. Right off the bat he starts in bragging on the person I probably like about the least of anybody I ever knew in this business, Juan of Juan's First Choice Tree Care. I ask the guy what am I doing here wasting my time...it looks like you will be using Juan so let me get back under the heater and slide on out of here. He then tells me he doesn't think Juan has the equipment for this and give him a bid (Juan has very little equipment). I gave him a price of $2,750 to make it all go away, except of course the damage to his building, and he signs a contract with a $500 deposit. Now, I get a call about 45 minutes ago that he is going with Juan, that Juan is there now cutting on the tree in the dark and that he wants his $500 back. Stuff like this is what makes me really hate this business sometimes.

I went out this morning to look at a large red oak that blew down on a guy's storage building from the wind we had last night. Right off the bat he starts in bragging on the person I probably like about the least of anybody I ever knew in this business, Juan of Juan's First Choice Tree Care. I ask the guy what am I doing here wasting my time...it looks like you will be using Juan so let me get back under the heater and slide on out of here. He then tells me he doesn't think Juan has the equipment for this and give him a bid (Juan has very little equipment). I gave him a price of $2,750 to make it all go away, except of course the damage to his building, and he signs a contract with a $500 deposit. Now, I get a call about 45 minutes ago that he is going with Juan, that Juan is there now cutting on the tree in the dark and that he wants his $500 back. Stuff like this is what makes me really hate this business sometimes.
Some people are **** tards

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Should rewrite the contract to say NON REFUNDABLE . Lol

Sent from your wife's phone

Hope your gonna waste some of his time , deposit the check make him wait til it clears and then make him come pick up his money .

Hope your gonna waste some of his time , deposit the check make him wait til it clears and then make him come pick up his money .

Naw, I'm just going to shred it. Already have shredded it. I don't want anymore interaction with the jackass and shredding the check was good with him. I just put morons like him on my hang up on immediately list. That damn Juan has a rap sheet a freaking mile long. I thought about printing some of that crap out and showing his customers or would be customers...hell, it's public information...what could he do.

Did you tell him to lose your number at least , I was sitting in the truck with my buddy last week when he cut open a can of **** off on a pain in the as customer that not only owed him money but had the nerve to complain about something he had bid on and given to someone else not being done on time ! Guy basically didn't show so he called his go to guy well my buddy wasn't having it

Did you tell him to lose your number at least , I was sitting in the truck with my buddy last week when he cut open a can of **** off on a pain in the as customer that not only owed him money but had the nerve to complain about something he had bid on and given to someone else not being done on time ! Guy basically didn't show so he called his go to guy well my buddy wasn't having it

Yeah, I managed to tell him a couple of things before he hung up.

Gale force winds and snow streamers off the lake all day yesterday and last night. Woke up to this s#!t. Real handy. I hate snow. December 24 would be a good time for it to start snowing. Still have lots to get done before we shut er down for the winter. Time to pack kiteboarding gear, shorts and flip flops and book a plane ticket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Passing a 2.4mm kidney stone right now, just got back form ER, woke up in so much pain. Glad it is just a stone and not something worse. Took a ride in a wambulance. Never had a kidney stone before and now I know what ya talk about. Sucks real freakin bad. Going to do a freebee "Rescue" job for a vet today. They threw a craigslist add up about free wood for taking down a tree. Some one replied and dropped a big oak into another tree. They said that they thought he was going to kill himself when he dropped another into the yard and ran into the LZ as it was coming over. So I am going to get the one on the ground and then we are going to buzz up the logs. So dude can come back and get wood ( he was desperate for heat as he lost his job and has no money, but had a chainsaw and its getting pretty cold) The HO's had no money, why they put the add up, hoping someone could do it for free. She is a vet that was held hostage, while there, she developed cancer (while in captivity). She was rescued is now home, dealing with that and severe PTSD. Goes to show ya, no matter how bad ya got it, someone has it worse. Both peeps are honest and just have had a bad run. Don't think I would be even consider going out today with this stone. Feels like someone is sticking a fork in my right side and fishing around. But I told them I would be there as they are desperate to get the tree down safely. So we will see how this goes! Got backup, so I may just sit in the truck and stupervise. This also showed me that those adds we stick up on that thread I started, the free tree deals that we make fun of, may have some more behind it than just at face value. Guess if I was broke, had a tree that needed to come down badly, I might do the same thing. Sometimes it might not be some cheap jack ass trying to get over or a moron that thinks his walnut is worth thousands. It could be a broke POW battling cancer. Going to take pics and vid. These stumps are horrendous, worst cuts I have ever seen. Don't worry Eddie, got extra diapers just in case!

Gale force winds and snow streamers off the lake all day yesterday and last night. Woke up to this s#!t. Real handy. I hate snow. December 24 would be a good time for it to start snowing. Still have lots to get done before we shut er down for the winter. Time to pack kiteboarding gear, shorts and flip flops and book a plane ticket.
Every year I hate winter more and more. I would love to spend a couple months down south, but I dont think my wife would let me.

Every year I hate winter more and more. I would love to spend a couple months down south, but I dont think my wife would let me.

We don't even have a winter here compared to what they have up north but I hate winter a little more every year. I thought about moving to far south Texas or even southern Florida. Wife says just say the word and she is ready.

Me too. No wife or kids yet so I am gonna enjoy it as long as I can!!! I would take 30* plus and be soaked in sweat by 8 am over this crap. Gotta dig out glove and boot dryer and bring it to the shop for the boys. Gotta bring ropes in shop every night and let em dry and thaw. Everything is just a pain in the a$$ in this weather. Impossible to do a good clean up with snow on the ground too. Too early for this!! Well the wood stove is rockin, I have had about 4 cups of coffee and I am heading out to shake the snow off my little pine, cedar and hemlock trees then inside to hammer out invoices. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Big job to do at a lake front cottage.

Latest posts

Back