whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am seriously gonna look into spiders ! I may bust a nut on one , ditch the bucket and pull it with the 350 or a 250 and have some real reach .

Yep! My mind is made up. Getting at least a 70' in the spring. EAB is here, has been for a few years now. People are leaving the infected trees standing too long, no access and some are too dead and dangerous to climb. Of course their will be guys around here that just go in and flop them and smash everything in the yard all to s#it. But you get what you pay for. Keep your bucket and put some one up in the front yard and spider in back and put some wood on the ground!!!

Yeah salt sucks! I got both my chippers, 4 trailers and trucks known rust sprayed. I bought it new in July, 2013 s650tx. They made a few changes/upgrades from last years model, it may be small but it's mighty and a huge back saver ! I love it! Don't get to run it much as a few of my guys have taken a liking to it!

Krown is a good idea. My trucks were just in to get annual safety and my mechanic and I were talking about under coating. He said he would do them for me but I was in a big rip to get the trucks back and I said I would bring them back another time and 3 weeks later we got snow! Is your mini a gas or diesel? I want diesel. Everyone runs for the skid steer at our job but I told them I sign the cheques so its my ass in the seat!! Lol

I've demoed a 90' spider and a90' tracked lift and I don't trust em ,man they are bouncy and they do tear up lawns . I guess if I were a little guy they probably wouldn't bother me but I ain't a small man

Sent from your wife's phone
I have thought about getting one of these also. I know when i rented a 45' it moves a good bit. Just the nature of the beast.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I'm still running off the pony, as I don't have the extra $1000 to $1500 to rebuild the truck PTO (spline stripped). I imagine the truck would have a little more nut.
probably a pump check on that pony and check relief pressure setting. may be low, the valve springs get tired as they age and relieve prematurely. machine should have no problem picking you up anywhere its positioned.

Showing some love to the Huawei Valiant from metropcs. Figuring out how to unlock the bootloader and build a custom recovery for it.
That's pretty much code monkey for "driving myself slowly insane with an android device nobody wants to touch"

Sent from a thing using a program

Went out yesterday to buy a nice but used warn XD9000I winch with a receiver hitch mount for 500, but the guy asked if I was interested in knocking down two 70ft pines and dragging them into the wood line in trade when I got there. Told him sure but I'd have to come back tomorrow. Went there today and he wanted three additional pines dropped. So I left with the winch set up and $550 in my pocket. $200 went to my friend for helping out.

Showing some love to the Huawei Valiant from metropcs. Figuring out how to unlock the bootloader and build a custom recovery for it.
That's pretty much code monkey for "driving myself slowly insane with an android device nobody wants to touch"

Sent from a thing using a program

Here I thought Blakes was the closest thing we had to a full blown nerd. Lol

The capacity if a LR3 is 350 not including the liner so that means it should be capable of moving all positions up to 680lbs without the liner it's built with 49% redundancy . All personal lifts after 1990 are built that way . Would I try to put 2 of me in there and boom over the side , prolly not but that's the supposed breaking point of that lift , mine I can here restricted flow in the lower spool sounds like a jet engine whistling fluid through . Works fine but I can hear it .

My lift is rated for 300 lbs and with gear and a saw I am over that. If I boom out completely horizontal off to the side of the truck and jump I can lift the outrigger on the other side off the ground.

My lift is rated for 300 lbs and with gear and a saw I am over that. If I boom out completely horizontal off to the side of the truck and jump I can lift the outrigger on the other side off the ground.

Oh hell I can do that without jumping but I only weight 230 without gear

If I gotta lean way out and feel real sketchy I put the out rigger down more on the side I am booming out on. Makes the truck un level but prevents the other out rigger from getting light.

Jesus. Just listening to you and Eddie makes me feel so much more comfortable that I will never break my bucket. I have had the lower boom not want to lift when fully extended downhill from the bucket. I just used the upper to pull me in a bit and then it worked just fine.

Jesus. Just listening to you and Eddie makes me feel so much more comfortable that I will never break my bucket. I have had the lower boom not want to lift when fully extended downhill from the bucket. I just used the upper to pull me in a bit and then it worked just fine.
What are you saying chris? Are you calling us fat? Lol. I prefer gravity challenged myself. Lol

Oh hell I can do that without jumping but I only weight 230 without gear

e8a8uqy3.jpg
with gear and dressed warm prolly 320lbs

So my wife just sent me this pic. She was at a hair wars competition with her aunt Alice on the right who's a hairdresser. Apparently she took second place at the competition. All I see is ribbon and glitter but I guess it is awesome.
nu8e3e4y.jpg

Latest posts

Back