whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a better feeling about this year then last !

Me too. 2013 wasn't as bad as 2009 for us but things just never seemed to break loose like we wanted it to. I would love to see it one more time like it was for us a while back in the mid 90's...three month back logs, pricing every job what it is really worth and having a take it or leave it attitude, actually making some money and being able to work seven days a week if you want to.

Me too. 2013 wasn't as bad as 2009 for us but things just never seemed to break loose like we wanted it to. I would love to see it one more time like it was for us a while back in the mid 90's...three month back logs, pricing every job what it is really worth and having a take it or leave it attitude, actually making some money and being able to work seven days a week if you want to.
That'd be nice to feel your self worth again . Instead of having someone dictate what your hard work is worth

I said it a few years ago about snow ! Oh your gonna tell me what your gonna pay me ? **** you then move your own snow ..... And if guys just ignored a storm or 2 that would change the tune of the client and the dreaded insurance company's think of the slip and falls if no one ever showed up period ! What do they say absence makes the heart grow fonder ..... Well that can apply to many aspects of business too but everyone has to agree to want to make that hard line change !

Cleaning house and doing the weeks laundry. Soar & tired today. Put in a solid 12 hr day yesterday because my dumb ass vastly underbid a job. Have to go back tomorrow for another 2-4 hrs. I just did a drive by when I bid it, I was in a hurry. Last time I EVER do that. Tree was so dead I cant even tell you what species it is. Was afraid to rig normal size pieces, and everything that wasn't roped out exploded when it hit the ground. Pissed at myself. I think there's a 6 pack in my near future.

This long cold winter has been messing with my mind lately, I was doing pretty good for most of it. I had everthing paid up for most of the winter but this last month is killing me, been stressing me out. I know with just a few good jobs things will turn around and things will be great. Friday I was doing a big locust removal and the wind was blowing making half the tree real hard to do. My mind wasnt really in it and with the wind blowing it made me get kinda sea sick, first time thats happened in a long time. I kinda hate to say this and probably wont tell anyone else but when I was up there breathing exaust and sawdust blowing in my face I thought for the first time ever is this really what I want to do. I was thinking is it really worth risking my life for this crazy shet.

I really do love what I do, I just have to get over this little spell.
Right there with ya, this time of year is the worst for me. I think it's just too much free time to sit around and think about all the money I don't have. Gotta be over in a week or two.

Oh buddy, im married & have 2 daughters. My wife is a different breed. She works for the state 5 days a week, 10 hr shifts, then trains horses on the weekends. So I do what I can around the house. Its a 2 way street in this relationship & I wouldn't have it any other way!

I don't see ****ing plumbers or electricians out there cutting each other's throats for a job .... Hell no you can call 100 and 85 of them are within dollars of each other !

To tell you the truth, my good friend is a master plumber and has the same gripes we do about his trade. Non-licensed hacks cutting into his trade, non payers, underbidders, and less than scrupulous competition.

I guess but any I have ever called have always been close In price and even closer with the attitude of your lucky I'm here so get out of my way and let me work ! LOL

Oh buddy, im married & have 2 daughters. My wife is a different breed. She works for the state 5 days a week, 10 hr shifts, then trains horses on the weekends. So I do what I can around the house. Its a 2 way street in this relationship & I wouldn't have it any other way!

Whatever. My son has one of those "different breeds" and "wouldn't have it any other way".

This long cold winter has been messing with my mind lately, I was doing pretty good for most of it. I had everthing paid up for most of the winter but this last month is killing me, been stressing me out. I know with just a few good jobs things will turn around and things will be great. Friday I was doing a big locust removal and the wind was blowing making half the tree real hard to do. My mind wasnt really in it and with the wind blowing it made me get kinda sea sick, first time thats happened in a long time. I kinda hate to say this and probably wont tell anyone else but when I was up there breathing exaust and sawdust blowing in my face I thought for the first time ever is this really what I want to do. I was thinking is it really worth risking my life for this crazy shet.

Yeah, drier vents make me want to gag. There was this one chipper that always blew smoke, it was tough working in the exhaust of that thing. A few times I got to a job and the clients were happily building a bonfire under the trees we were working on, I guess they thought they would burn the debris.

Spring break for the youngest. So I will have 2 out of 3 with me this week. I am hoping to wash the bucket today,before we head out, it is a nasty pig.

Got a wonderful little suprise overnight, a 1.5" of white ****. Roads are slippy as he'll and my chip truck empty would be like a slip and slide. Guess we aren't working today unless the roads melt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back