whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to put off alot of work this winter, do to the epic amounts of snow and chitty weather, it breaks and now everyone calls on the same day.

Working at the death house, where a bunch of people died. Tree that one son was killed on, still stands as is it was when the accident happened. Burn pit where the other kid was killed (from burning brush from the first accident) is about 30 ft away. Very spooky. Used the ladder that the dad fell off of and died to get on roof to get rid of low branches. Going real slow, triple double checking every thing. Cant wait to get outa there, but damn sure not rushing it. Wasn't going to do this job, but she is a sweet old lady and the only remaining son told me they all died of stupidity.

Had to put off alot of work this winter, do to the epic amounts of snow and chitty weather, it breaks and now everyone calls on the same day.

Working at the death house, where a bunch of people died. Tree that one son was killed on, still stands as is it was when the accident happened. Burn pit where the other kid was killed (from burning brush from the first accident) is about 30 ft away. Very spooky. Used the ladder that the dad fell off of and died to get on roof to get rid of low branches. Going real slow, triple double checking every thing. Cant wait to get outa there, but damn sure not rushing it. Wasn't going to do this job, but she is a sweet old lady and the only remaining son told me they all died of stupidity.
Screw that. I would have said pass. Lots of bad Gu Gu on that property

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh and I cut my hair
etu9umaq.jpg
all of it so today was my first taste of winter ! It's cold

Its about time. Now you're just plain old ugly again. That whole hair thing was pretty queer. Lol.

Wish I could get a whole work week in without rain or snow.

Planned on starting up full time on Monday, well started Friday actually. Now everything covered in snow again. This one was a little rough as we had to start around midnight with no sleep, was dragging ass but only worked about 12 hours.
Had hired a new guy last week to start Monday. Called him over the weekend to see if he wanted to do snow with us to start off- sure no problem. ****er wouldn't answer the phone when it was go time, oh well at least I know now instead of later :)

I'm 6'5 225# but thanks for askin.
And to Oak Sav: no that's my bro in law who just came along for the ride. By the way, Oak Sav would be a sweet name, "just sayin."

Then that's a big ass tree! So hard to tell from pictures.

Did a little shopping on the weekend! Get it weds, 6.7 diesel f250. I hummed and hawed over the ford and dodge. Heard lots of bad things about the newer dodges other then the cummins. Ordered a cap and gonna put 33 or 35" tires on her! Plus need a little more muscle to pull my lift when I get it in April !
Moving on up like the Jeffersons congrats man !

I might be wrong but didn't you have a bet with your daughter that you would not cut you're beard?
My son for four years .... So yea I lost and he's ok with a new membership for X. B. O. X. Lol I don't know why I had to type that like that but when I typed it normal it was like a curse word

Went to pick up my tractor from a job earlier. Guy came out and started whining about having to move the wood from the bigger takedown to where he wants it again. Was crying and hinting Sunday too. He knew it wasn't part of the deal, but really wasn't feeling the hand truck he planned on using to move it. I said screw it, ditch the slippers, put on some shoes and roll it in the bucket, and I'll move it. The guy has had us there three times already, plus I like him. Not to mention he has another good sized oak in a pita spot I put $3200 on... and a couple others I put $2600 on. Said he'll probably go with one of the two projects later this year. I'd rather hook a good customer like that up than leave a bad taste in his mouth over a half hour sitting my ass on the tractor.

Did a couple small jobs today. My employee sat my new ms660 chainsaw about 5' behind the skid loader when we were pull these huge pine logs up the bank. I didn't know it was there and back into it. Brand new saw only used 2 times. Got lucky that I just broke the air filter cover and the metal take that hold the filter and cover on.

Did a couple small jobs today. My employee sat my new ms660 chainsaw about 5' behind the skid loader when we were pull these huge pine logs up the bank. I didn't know it was there and back into it. Brand new saw only used 2 times. Got lucky that I just broke the air filter cover and the metal take that hold the filter and cover on.

If I was Jeff I'd write you up. Just saying.

Went to pick up my tractor from a job earlier. Guy came out and started whining about having to move the wood from the bigger takedown to where he wants it again. Was crying and hinting Sunday too. He knew it wasn't part of the deal, but really wasn't feeling the hand truck he planned on using to move it. I said screw it, ditch the slippers, put on some shoes and roll it in the bucket, and I'll move it. The guy has had us there three times already, plus I like him. Not to mention he has another good sized oak in a pita spot I put $3200 on... and a couple others I put $2600 on. Said he'll probably go with one of the two projects later this year. I'd rather hook a good customer like that up than leave a bad taste in his mouth over a half hour sitting my ass on the tractor.
God knows you are really used to having that tractor stuck to your ass !

KLINK?

ut on Monday with plow and salt serving clients who need my services when there is an inch of snow on their driveways, need being the key word. Didn't do the full list by any means but still was business which is what I do. Tied up a big arb, pulled it back off the road so you could see coming out the drive. I heard the road plow coming and dove behind the tree which was buffeted by the wind from the thing.

So it was all well and good having a pretty good day, took four milk cartons of infected red oak up to Peabody and put them next to his stove to stink up. I forgot the thing that killed the tree, some disease I forgot it name, makes the bark grey , sap smell really pungent and turns older oak trees into firewood. He loves the milk cartons full of firewood and it make for easy delivery. He's 75 and a real kicker, used to play with the Rolling Stones at the Steel Pier. After I dropped the wood and cleared his 1/2 mile long, steep windy drive so he could get his Focus out I fed Flip and Rolly, the two penis draggin skwerels I have been nursing for a the last few days, then smoked a joint. They don't have their eyes open quite yet, they were crawling up on the dashboard sucking heat from the defroster lovin it.

Had a Jeff Lovstrom day today; you know - a beautiful day. At the the end I saw some jackwagon driving down the road with the lock pin for his pintle hanging from its chain and really did wonder how anybody who could drive such a truck could be so careless. ****ing jerk, ought to be written up. Well, it sure wasn't my lock pin dangling from its chain like that. I don't write people up for that. I scream at them.

I have been looking at property to buy and have found some things. As well as a new loader which I will post pics and gloat over. I can't wait to dig some holes and plant trees where we have been removing them all over. Luckily, this winter provided an easy fluid pace and a solid booking of work. Someone said to me today that he met a company from Vermont working down here sucking up our work. I said that it wasn't my work being sucked up. I have my client list locked up tighter than a 12 year old ( yeah I said that- but 12 year old what? ) and if you want to get on it I will get to you shortly and on my time, yer dime. I am just havin a ball.

Supposed to go up to Lancaster to really have some fun with those two lovable ****toons 2Tree and 101 from Jersey. Even though I rarely sleep and work my ass off doing God only knows I should be able to Wraptor up whatever and get it on the ground without to much trouble. I usually can hammer pretty much anything out with a 200 and 260 to where it can be handled with a bucket or by dropping somehow. We are good, trust me.

There was some talk of Blakes even coming which would be cool though I would think he would be busy enough himself. Alls I know is that I ain't dragging nothing, just to put it on the ground, you have machines to handle it then.

Latest posts

Back