whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned and filled some stumps, nothing beats trying to dig out, snow covered, melted then frozen again top soil out of a dump trailer. Had it covered, but it didnt matter. Raised it up all the way and the pile didnt move. Got about a bazillion tado, but got 2 dun before I said F this. Went home and worked on the back 40, tis a mess from this winter. Lite a fire, **** is wet so it smokes real bad, oh ****! So then I unwillingly commit myself to staying next to it, to make sure it burns clean. Another not so fun day in da hood. Winter is still here and we are going to go straight to summer,no spring. Soon it will be 120 in the shade and I will be beyatchin bout that.

Ok off to universal studios today..... Here's a few pics from legoland yesterday. Couldn't resist buying the log truck! The big kid that I am, my head still hurts a bit after my daughter trying to cut it off with the Lego chainsaw! First time riding a camel also, he was a bit on the stiff side!;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 25
Got 2" of **** last night and it's nice and windy.

Found out I can push very large amounts of pine branches with the lands pride rake in my mini.uploadfromtaptalk1395841863477.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395841890655.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Tweaked my back last night, had to skip work. Pssed off. My daughter came into the bedroom to watch tv this morning before she went off to pre-school. She fcked off out and left max and ruby on with the volume turned up....I couldn't reach there remote to switch it off, too painful to stretch out. Dam those rabbits. Im up and around now, trying to free up whatever it is that keeps going into spasm.

Some pics of a back leaning cedar we pulled with the truck last thing monday afternoon. Tree was about 110 ft and solid. Great peice of lumber but really bad access to it.

Attachments

• TL000025.jpg
    TL000025.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 97
  • TL000079.jpg
    TL000079.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 97
  • TL000259.jpg
    TL000259.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 87
  • TL000288.jpg
    TL000288.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 84
  • TL000399.jpg
    TL000399.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 83
  • TL000403.jpg
    TL000403.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 89
  • TL000404.jpg
    TL000404.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC03205.JPG
    DSC03205.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 76
Tweaked my back last night, had to skip work. Pssed off. My daughter came into the bedroom to watch tv this morning before she went off to pre-school. She fcked off out and left max and ruby on with the volume turned up....I couldn't reach there remote to switch it off, too painful to stretch out. Dam those rabbits. Im up and around now, trying to free up whatever it is that keeps going into spasm.

Some pics of a back leaning cedar we pulled with the truck last thing monday afternoon. Tree was about 110 ft and solid. Great peice of lumber but really bad access to it.
Sorry to hear about your back Reg. I have had back problem for a long time and it fcking sucks. You have the right idea keep stretching and put ice on it at night not heat

Character is who you are when no one is looking

Get to the pharmacy and grab those Thermowrap pads. Really cuts the recovery time down and are a necessity the first couple days back at work.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all for attending my thread as it recently surpassed 1 meelion views. Way back when it was just a gleam in my eye and then was planted as a tiny sapling and grew to what it is today. Much sweat and labor went into this and I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you and ofcourse you know who you are who made this so spayshul. Cheers slide_263643_1764509_free.jpg

I want to take this opportunity to thank all for attending my thread as it recently surpassed 1 meelion views. Way back when it was just a gleam in my eye and then was planted as a tiny sapling and grew to what it is today. Much sweat and labor went into this and I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you and ofcourse you know who you are who made this so spayshul. Cheers View attachment 341310

You did not make that,,Obama said so.
Jeff,,,:p

I want to take this opportunity to thank all for attending my thread as it recently surpassed 1 meelion views. Way back when it was just a gleam in my eye and then was planted as a tiny sapling and grew to what it is today. Much sweat and labor went into this and I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you and ofcourse you know who you are who made this so spayshul. Cheers View attachment 341310
It's a cult classic !

decided to try to make my own arbor trolly today and it turned out pretty good. I will have pics up tomorrow morning when the paint dries. It is rated to 2000 # but logically cant load it that full. Also changed the dimensions and materials from Mr. Coates design so that I could call it my own. Same style just the dimensions and materials are waaaaay different.

Nice shot Reg! Get well soon buddy

Today I worked at my bosses house. Grinded a few stumps, and did a bunch of equipment maintenance. New blades on the chipper, and cleaned/greased the chipper and stump grinder. Went through all the truck and trailer storage and cleaned/culled anything we don't use. Tuned up and sharpened the ms200, ms201, cs370, ms440, ms660. Wrapped all the ropes and organized them in waterproof storage boxes. Lots of things its easy to get behind on. We've got a LARGE removal Friday on very rough/ steep terrain so I was preparing everything for that. Its a prevailing wage job too so $42.46/hr Friday. Then I stopped in at Vermeer on the way home and bought some gear on the company charge card. Pleasant day! It was rainy so I was happier cleaning equipment for 15/hr than I would've been if wed had a job today

Did a job today on a large property that was all ash. Just flop em and home owner will clean up and call us back to chew the stumps out after he has the mess all cleaned up. Behind the house was this.....

..image.jpg

The customer says can you cut that down too while you are here. I said no problem! Then I asked him what's up with that anyway?! (It's about a 40 foot eastern cottonwood peg) He says we had some guy come in and take the top out of it about 5 years ago and he said if we left it like that it will grow back!! I laughed and asked who it was and he told me. It makes sense now. I got a call from a guy about 2 years ago who had a dead ash on a lakefront property. He had a guy lined up to remove it but he was a no show. He says can you come give me a quote? I said sure but I can't make it until Saturday. He says no prob. So the next day the guy calls me back and said that the guy who was supposed to do it is coming to take it down on Saturday. I say no problem and go on with my work. About 2 months go by and I get a call from a lady who needs some trimming done at her lakefront cottage. She mentioned she got my from this guy down the street. I said ohh didn't that guy down the street hire some other guy to take his dead ash tree down?! She says yep and he fell out of that ash tree and is now trying to take the home owner to court! Guy is a fly by night, no insurance, comp, equipment etc. Hope that guy got a good deal on his ash tree!!! Long story short, the clown that fell out of that ash tree is the same clown that left the 40 foot rotten peg that was supposed to grow back!!

decided to try to make my own arbor trolly today and it turned out pretty good. I will have pics up tomorrow morning when the paint dries. It is rated to 2000 # but logically cant load it that full. Also changed the dimensions and materials from Mr. Coates design so that I could call it my own. Same style just the dimensions and materials are waaaaay different.

How did you come up with a 2000lb load rating on a home made trolley?!

Well the wheels are rated to 1000lbs each. And the structure is there to support it. I also ba it loaded with hickory to the top of the stakes that I made. I also gusseted the living crap out of it. Plus the axle is a piece of 1 1/2" solid round stock.

Latest posts

Back