whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tons of people probably call. I've done that twice here recently.
cbd932e7a1cdff7063a8395eb4263984.jpg
23a224978578c8e01fabfc7355b9c595.jpg

Both times I got so many responses I had to take the ad down with in a couple hours. The last time I did a couple guys started fighting over the wood because one guy was taking too much and want leaving the other one any.

fyi: this only works well on jobs where your clients aren't going to be around.

Tons of people probably call. I've done that twice here recently.
cbd932e7a1cdff7063a8395eb4263984.jpg
23a224978578c8e01fabfc7355b9c595.jpg

Both times I got so many responses I had to take the ad down with in a couple hours. The last time I did a couple guys started fighting over the wood because one guy was taking too much and want leaving the other one any.

fyi: this only works well on jobs where your clients aren't going to be around.

I will admit that sometimes I don't feel like trucking it so I will have the people meet me so I can load them but its not often.

I had put " Delivery only" in my ad and had tons of people telling me they would just pick it up at their leisure, asking why they couldn't and some of them lived hours away.

Well at least there is 5 loads of thick poplar I don't have to mess with anymore.

Place is enormous
hyru2usa.jpg

If you got then you got it and that's good, real good. I dunno, maybe get really stoned or hire a special tactition to deal with the people that live there?

That was actually my dream job ( I passed it up on account of the travel): I was jess gonna be driving around telling people that other people would be coming to destroy the trees. Paid Ok, had good benefits and career potential, just couldn't deal with the traveling and hotels. Oh yeah and the dealing with people, lots of people, people who would rather see you dead than running tree equipment in their yards. Oh it would have been fun !

Picked up this little guy super cheap last night. 3500HD with a 12 ft flatbed dump. Not a fan of the big block in it but for $2700 I couldn't pass it up. Hoist parts and pump are all only 3 years old as well, and it's fairly clean too. Just needs a few things touched up and a good spit shinning.
View attachment 372814

There's some real potential in that rig. For 2700 you can ride it hard and not really give a damn.

There's some real potential in that rig. For 2700 you can ride it hard and not really give a damn.
That's true and how I feel about most of my junk, but this thing is decent. I'm going to touch up the paint, build a nice chip box for it and attempt to take care of it. I plan on rolling with this and my chuck and duck for the winter. I won't run my bucket or anything I have that's real nice in the salt.

Was a busy week last week.
Was nice to have the Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend off to spend with the family.
Helped out my friend last Monday. He brought in a 30 ton crane for a large silver maple.
Was a fun day. Three loads of chips and 7 loads of wood.
eceb900475a411c34eaebbf3a2bdd862.jpg

28969d29a991c3f39513857d379c31ad.jpg

8732c362fbd3a46e8fb5b669dd04037f.jpg

7554f712a3c1284d65f78db57380b64f.jpg

The mini saw quite a bit of use last week as well
e8c611b067588b406fe51a96ee555472.jpg

Your truck looks lower than mine so it maybe its not as bad. The problems I had was if the ramps weren't locked down tight enough the tracks would easily dislodge them, uneven ground made it worse and if it was wet or muddy it made the smooth steel upraised dump body's floor impossible to traverse. Its low trailers for me!

Back