whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pellet stove isn't the worst thing I ever bought. I really despise doing firewood and don't have room to store it at my house. Plus the added mess and chimney refurbishing I would have needed to do to install one. I opted for the pellet and the heat is decent. It's not wood though and you still count your money as it goes in. If I had it to do again, I'd go wood.
d11c17f02965ae93a54b1ea4999911e9.jpg

Strange year, been busier later in the season than ever it seems. Good thing, cuz any money that comes in seems to fly out the door as soon as it comes in.

I've noticed that too. My business is as money hungry right now as I can ever remember for some reason. I go to pick up the mail tonight and there is a big ass returned check from a new client.

I came as close as a man can get to saying screw it and be done with this nonsense 10 years ago when I was 43. Now, 10 years later, there is not a day goes by that I don't wish I had done just that. I was still young enough back then to have went to work somewhere and ended up with some kind of retirement or something. The older I get the more I realize this tree deal is kinda goofy. But...I have spent my whole life at this...so I guess I'm kinda goofy. As far as the police, unless your state is much different, it is 100% a civil matter. We had a place "doctor up" a bucket truck on us about 20 years ago. It was with intent and all that but no help from anywhere. We just had to eat it and go on. It really put me in a bind at the time.

Well, I am 10 years behind ya......
I have tried getting out before and I keep getting pulled back in. Thought I had done it with the Cali thing, and that was a big fcking mistake. I would kill to have all my old equipment back. I too get tired of all the BS that goes with it. Never a work thing, I always have work. Just everything else. See the morons around here all the time and it just kills me that no one does anything to put a stop to it. We just got the new phone books, several adds advertise a CA, total lie. One of them has it right next to their list of services, "topping", **** is laughable. Phone books have no integrity. But, on the other hand, I do like going out and doing a couple jobs and making more than most do in a month. So the good is great and the bad is horrible. Plus I really hate the cold and snow, so I would like to still try and go south. But then there is the family thing. If we where to leave, then her parents would not have anyone to look after them, so that is a chain around the collar as well. Her half siblings would be over here the minute we leave, fcking them over like they always do. The neighbors would be the same way, taking advantage of them, nothing but moochers. Generations of them in the same family right across the street.
If I do go and get new stuff, then I am married to a payment again and I really hate the thought of that.
I did call the police, you are right, they couldn't care less. Called the BBB, they seemed disinterested unless I become a member up there..........
I love doing this, I do, but like others said, its all the other headaches that go with it that make it a drag. When ya have the wild west here, as far the industry goes, it just makes it that much more dreadful. Especially when all the hacks do everything they can to make people think that they are me. Dudes copying my every move. Stealing **** from my website, using my pics. You would think they would want their own identity, but they suck, so that would backfire on them, so all they can do is pull wool over people eyes and try and make them believe they are something they are not. Not to mention the fact that my body is jacked and never going to heal as long as I keep climbing...... the doc tells me the only reason that I have not had to have surgery yet is the fact that I am in great shape........from climbing. Tried hiring in the past, either good in the tree and F'd up personal life or decent personal life and a idiot in the tree or a slacker in general who will do the bare minimum to get by "steady as they go".

I do not want my kids doing this for a living.

LOL, I'm just fed up and bichin. I will probably think this is the best thing ever in the spring!

Leaving in a bit to take the oldest back to school in Minneapolis. 1 more year and he will be a preacher man. Keep telling him I want him to be like Jimmy and Tammy Fae Baker, then I can go to all his mansions and mow the grass, via his personal jet.

I got a call yesterday from a good customer of mines next door neighbor. I've done some work for the guy about 5 years ago. He recently had some trees cut down by a competitor and wants a price from me to grinds the stumps. He stressed in the message that he got other prices. I was just over there last week to look at some work for my good customer and notice the competitors sign out front in the neighbors yard. I'm kind of pissed that he'd have the nerve to call me even after I would bring him free wood chips. Don't know if I'm going to call the cheap in considerate jerk back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a call yesterday from a good customer of mines next door neighbor. I've done some work for the guy about 5 years ago. He recently had some trees cut down by a competitor and wants a price from me to grinds the stumps. He stressed in the message that he got other prices. I was just over there last week to look at some work for my good customer and notice the competitors sign out front in the neighbors yard. I'm kind of pissed that he'd have the nerve to call me even after I would bring him free wood chips. Don't know if I'm going to call the cheap in considerate jerk back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldnt screw with him!

Scott, its never going to change, just go out and do the best you can. Your going to have this crap in any trade, people doing stuff half azz. I dont let them bother me, i get enough calls from people that want it done right.

Scott, its never going to change, just go out and do the best you can. Your going to have this crap in any trade, people doing stuff half azz. I dont let them bother me, i get enough calls from people that want it done right.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would care if they had their own work like that. Screw what's good for the industry. I worry about my own cuts.

Sucks about all the other **** Scott is going through though. I suspect that's the real issue. Got enough of my own to understand that much.

Latest posts

Back