whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My morning started well...then suddenly not so much.
6f016cb558e7a26667336488067352c4.jpg

Got her upright and back to work pretty quickly though
fc8ead62f4d7b0a637432d9dc6c19996.jpg

f5f88ae80480e59a2faab925469c2c00.jpg

9b1e3f64457a2df57252ba9bc1601a18.jpg
Nice work on getting her righted. its important to shut it off right away and flip it quick so the oil doesn't get into the cylinder and cause a lock on the motor. I cant see in the photo but did you have a fiddle block or 5:1 device to pull on the rope?

Nice work on getting her righted. its important to shut it off right away and flip it quick so the oil doesn't get into the cylinder and cause a lock on the motor. I cant see in the photo but did you have a fiddle block or 5:1 device to pull on the rope?
Yeah i shut it down as soon as i ran back to it, after bailing. Had it upright in 20 minutes. Took me longer to get the grapple off (with the brush/logs in it), and the gear down to the mini, and everything setup, than cranking it back up...truck was way up the hill on the road.

I put a pulley up in the oak tree, thankfully the tree was there, and used a come-a-long on a porta wrap to crank it back upright. My climber was in a tree, so was just me.

Lost some deisel fuel, but other than that it seems ok.

No home cooked lunch but she went to Subway, i'll get a good home cooked dinner though........no sleep number in my house[emoji23]

Between taking my wife to see that movie and being out in the cold sun my face is chapped indeed. Here I am keeping up appearances, this is after the third day thining these woods, its been a ****ing fight since day one through the bramble and the mud.

Today was the 5th full day, not only is my wife suspicious about me actually working this much but I am about sick of it myself.

All this has basically been some sort of well planned hack and slash.

Me and my boyfriend have been cutting through that ******** up yonder and I have had about enough though the parts were we made chip pile angels and finger popped each other's assholes was kinda fun.

Back