whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a customer that's wants to file a claim with my insurance company because of some black cherry berries from a tree I removed over a patio stained the pavers. This is unreal.
I told her that it's not my liability and it's not permanent damage.

Geez, I'm about due for a break about now.

Hmmm. I've never heard of such a thing!!?? I'm wondering if maybe they weren't generally dissatisfied with your services, and this berry deal was just the only way they could think of to voice their discontentment. I could be reading too much into it, though. Lol.:laugh:

Hmmm. I've never heard of such a thing!!?? I'm wondering if maybe they weren't generally dissatisfied with your services, and this berry deal was just the only way they could think of to voice their discontentment. I could be reading too much into it, though. Lol.:laugh:

Of course they weren't happy bird brain. I bid the job two months before we got to it and there was a brand new patio under one of the cherry trees we were removing. No notice of the patio mind you, so we didn't have mats with us but no damage regardless.
They did say the work was good excellent but they were so pissed about the berries.

I have a customer that's wants to file a claim with my insurance company because of some black cherry berries from a tree I removed over a patio stained the pavers. This is unreal.
I told her that it's not my liability and it's not permanent damage.

Geez, I'm about due for a break about now.

Is that stated in your contract?
Jeff

You'll have to re-seal it after that. The acid will take the sealer off. If it wasn't sealed to begin with then they got a half assed job from the start. If it was sealed the stains should come out with soap and water.

Sealing pavers? No, there was no seal. I'm not worried because there was no damage. This is what it looks like.
f166ce6d1b8b15867e22229baa66a584.jpg

They seem glossy to me. There is usually a sealer put on after they have been swept with sand or whatever to fill the joints. It keeps that stuff in and gives a nice shiney coat.
Man you've had a bad run lately. That guy with the drive is just nuts and now this.
It is a nice looking patio fwiw

The guy with the driveway was very calculating. He forced my hand to use my commercial auto and got everything he wanted at the drop of a hat. My agent said my rates won't go up.

Those pics of cutting down a few trees, where is that at? We are fully into fall here, most of the trees are yellow and dropping leaves. I've been making a fire in the stove most nights for a couple weeks now, highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s.

Louis Ville, KANTUCKY!
Cool weather is coming though. It was 90s last week, 80s this week, and now the weathers talking about lows in the 40s next week. We ll see.
Everyone is calling for firewood now, though. Still busy with tree work. Thinking of not doing any wood this year.
Lately doesn't seem worth the time

I'm thinking

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the same thing. Really only have enough ready for my personal use and to give my parents. Firewood used to be good beer money or a bit of MDK (momma don't know) money. Now it's just a PITA. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do though. My yard is looking terrible. Gonna have to split wood or shove it in a pile and light it up.​

Dang, this last week was near or over 100 degree's and humid as hell,,,
I am doing 10 to 12 hours a day, we are busy as hell,,
now they say this El Nino is gonna be a record breaker,,
our state is so dry and people ripping out their lawn's, shutting off irrigation, removing landscape,,etc,,,
look's like my winter in SoCal is gonna make me wish I was in Massachusettes!
Jeff,,it was a beautiful day,,:dancing:

32" white birch, half stone dead, sandwiched between two houses down on the lake. Only pic I got (and no, I didn't rope that little thing, my buddy was cutting and tossing stuff down as it was being lowered). Kind of a nasty job with the other pines, but we smoked it in two days. Lady actually gave me $600 more than I asked for. That doesn't happen everyday! Pretty profitable weekend.
IMG_20150913_095609_278.jpg

Latest posts

Back