whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smashed out five pecker poles, plus grinding. Nothing too big or spectacular but it sure feels good to dominate on a job that was already way over bid. Plus the neighbor came out and gave us a sweet felling job to add on. Then off to prune some small wind damaged birch trees.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
Cut firewood, did a dump run (frigging 3300lbs of crap from the rental house that the shitbag tenants left), loaded some sawdust for a couple customers and lumber, forget what else. One of those days that seems like I worked hard all day but didn't really get a ton done. I guess fighting a 30-40mph wind all day wore me out a bit.

Now working on finishing painting a sign for the shop sign by the highway, then need to go work on drywall repairs on the rental house. Then when I get home, working on cleaning my garage, which I've been meaning to do for 2 or 3 years now. Started on it last night while I was waiting for my supper to BBQ.
I did find out Purple Power left in an ultrasonic cleaner for almost 2 years turns into purple jello like goop. Whoops, thought it was empty!

Cut firewood, did a dump run (frigging 3300lbs of crap from the rental house that the shitbag tenants left), loaded some sawdust for a couple customers and lumber, forget what else. One of those days that seems like I worked hard all day but didn't really get a ton done.

I helped my buddy clean out a college party house for some landlord he was working for. We got to scrap 16 stainless kegs they had in the basement. It was a nice $400 extra when steel was selling high.

85132d231e7a939d59abf14063cff8a2.jpg

b175f8ab48fe3a4c57210f9492c84efb.jpg
f00c89ae39db7105826c41e0952448c1.jpg

Climbed this rotten mess the other day. Some jerk sold the homeowner on a few cables a couple years ago. It should have been removed a decade ago.

The only thing of value that came from that house was a wire dog cage that I cleaned up and brought home to replace the fabric one I had that a friend's dog busted a hole in.
Fridge was still full of food, dishes on the counter and in the sink, food in the cupboard, along with mouse poo, dog poo and diapers fulls of poo. I was very tempted to "spill" 5 gals of diesel and "drop" a match.

Worst part of it too is that it was rented out to family. (My friend owns the house, not me, I'm just working on it to get is ready to be rented again.)

They punched several holes through the walls and ceiling, busted the inner pane on a window, kicked in both front and back doors when they lost their keys. Apparently broke as all help but the fridge and freezer were stuffed full of spendy food, shitload of kids toys everywhere. Also threw out a bunch of TVs, stereoes, etc. All expensive stuff, but were broken probably same time and the wall punching.

It should have been removed a decade ago.

Did you get that, "The other tree guy said I should keep it, because you wouldn't throw your mom out in the street just because she's old!" sob story? I just remind them that it's illegal to run old ladies through a chipper... but that tree can go right in there without any legal ramifications.

You know what I would say, "it was a beautiful day,
But what you should know, is that I say that everyday,
Some day's suck, some are 'ok',
Some just do not go your way,
But I do not say" it was an easy day,"
I want to keep you from dismay,
BTW,
a comma ,,,,,,
got away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jeff

I helped out a friend yesterday. He asked me if l would grind a stump for him. Might take an hour he says. I take his truck and stump grinder to the job. It's a big pepper tree stump. The tree had up rooted landing on the neighbors new truck. When I drive up there's 6 foot of trunk left. The root ball went back into the ground but not all the way. I ground on that ***** for four hours.. It's almost done had to stop cuz it was getting dark. It had roots coming off it 2 feet thick.
Now it's personal, I'll knock it out this morning. My buddy's teasing me,"what's taking you so long".

My back went out again yesterday. Second time in the last six months. Busy as hell so I'll have have to cripple through somehow.

Had to reduce some oak limbs back to suckers because removal wasn't an option. Had to use 200' of line and redirect myself over 3 unions of another tree. I wish i was doing push ups this winter before this. Needless to say I'm a big sore myself this morning.
71e300a638909811906b1c14d14adb99.jpg

Doing some more river logging today, been at it since Wednesday. so far about 100 yards of swamp crap out, probably another 60 today.

I think today is a high of 34 yesturday was 22 in the morning. The night before we started we got about 2 inches of rain wich promptly melted any snow and got the river cruising.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yesterday I was up at Deevo's (Devon's) place doing some aerial rescue practice. Pelorus (Dave) made it down. Was a fun day.
01b924282623572a9cb81741370908d1.jpg

e7dc8c6f8dc4f9cf8b3d51fa4f16d19b.jpg

Devon was able to borrow a "Rescue Randy" from his local FD.

Worked on the chipper today. Finally got around to flipping the knives on the 150XP. Gave that and the bucket a good greasing too.

I helped out a friend yesterday. He asked me if l would grind a stump for him. Might take an hour he says. I take his truck and stump grinder to the job. It's a big pepper tree stump. The tree had up rooted landing on the neighbors new truck. When I drive up there's 6 foot of trunk left. The root ball went back into the ground but not all the way. I ground on that ***** for four hours.. It's almost done had to stop cuz it was getting dark. It had roots coming off it 2 feet thick.
Now it's personal, I'll knock it out this morning. My buddy's teasing me,"what's taking you so long".

What kind of stumper, Wade?
Jeff

Back