whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but it is much more effective because of the soap eliminating the surface tension and getting into their little breathing ports.

I had to remove a bee-tree last week; I almost made a soap generator for the job. I didn't really want to kill the whole hive, so I just bought a bee suit and chopped it up. The log with the bees got tucked into the woods nearby by my bobcat A300 with the cab all sealed up. It all went well, no need for any soap bubbles.

I just can't believe Old Murph got this yup yup to climb up there and huck out half of the tree without hurting himself.

Yes, but it is much more effective because of the soap eliminating the surface tension and getting into their little breathing ports.

I had to remove a bee-tree last week; I almost made a soap generator for the job. I didn't really want to kill the whole hive, so I just bought a bee suit and chopped it up. The log with the bees got tucked into the woods nearby by my bobcat A300 with the cab all sealed up. It all went well, no need for any soap bubbles.

Any type of fluid won't reach to the bottom of the log stack. I already spread a bunch of granular ant killer. I'm sure you know how it works - the ants come and take it back to the rest of the colony.

I pity the poor fellow that attempts to get that firewood :cheers:

Any type of fluid won't reach to the bottom of the log stack. I already spread a bunch of granular ant killer. I'm sure you know how it works - the ants come and take it back to the rest of the colony.
I know it don't work here lmao. The thing that does help is taking a shovel and scooping an adjacent nest putting it on the other and starting an ant war lol

I piddled in the garden and unwrapped the wire that got hung in my scagg walk behind. fixin to have cucumbers picked 10 husky cheery tomatoes. My cantelope is starting and looks like late water mellon. My blue berries kicked butt this year got 15 pounds and still have two more picks!!!

Shucks, that was a pretty good show.

I think Murph was pretty good, but I kinda doubt that the host set all those lines at the top of the tree. I think they might have set all the rigging with the bucket truck and then let him climb over.

Shucks, that was a pretty good show.

I think Murph was pretty good, but I kinda doubt that the host set all those lines at the top of the tree. I think they might have set all the rigging with the bucket truck and then let him climb over.
You mean they put him on a show rotflmfao.

I kinda thought you were fighting ants in a specific log, not the whole stack of wood. Myself, I have never bothered with ants, they just brush off.

You mean they put him on a show rotflmfao.

Yes they did.

He sounded as good as any other guest host I have seen on a program like that. We all know how much practice he has had making his own films, so it stands to reason he would be ok with a professional team doing the filming.

I think it would have been a lot more entertaining watching the newbie climb up to the upper cut. He didn't sound like he was wheezing enough for a guy that did a 50' climb on spurs for the first time.

I piddled in the garden and unwrapped the wire that got hung in my scagg walk behind. fixin to have cucumbers picked 10 husky cheery tomatoes. My cantelope is starting and looks like late water mellon. My blue berries kicked butt this year got 15 pounds and still have two more picks!!!

I picked about 6lbs of blueberries yesterday; first time I have even seen a blueberry bush. We were in Lebanon, Mo, and just passing a "pick your own" farm. It was kinda fun, WAY better than picking blackberries.

Now that I am crazy about blueberry picking, I'd grow some, but I don't think they survive our winters this far north.

I picked about 6lbs of blueberries yesterday; first time I have even seen a blueberry bush. We were in Lebanon, Mo, and just passing a "pick your own" farm. It was kinda fun, WAY better than picking blackberries.

Now that I am crazy about blueberry picking, I'd grow some, but I don't think they survive our winters this far north.
They have varieties that will do well there its harder here as too hot lol. I have 20 head high established plants I reclaimed off a removal job planted early this spring in my front yard! I will create many clones and might end up with a pick your own myself :p

Yes they did.

He sounded as good as any other guest host I have seen on a program like that. We all know how much practice he has had making his own films, so it stands to reason he would be ok with a professional team doing the filming.

I think it would have been a lot more entertaining watching the newbie climb up to the upper cut. He didn't sound like he was wheezing enough for a guy that did a 50' climb on spurs for the first time.
Yes I just watched it he did much better and even lost that mullet:clap: I wonder though if he uses a pulley above or climbs that way I just went with a wrench setup and so far enjoying it when not using the wraptor :laugh:

I also fear that I'll never see a berry 'cause all the squirrels will get them.
I don't have trouble with squirrels but crows yes I just shoot a few with my high powered pellet gun seem they wise up fairly fast! I have strawberries planned next year along with more watermelon and cantelope maybe pumpkin is futuristic

I know it don't work here lmao. The thing that does help is taking a shovel and scooping an adjacent nest putting it on the other and starting an ant war lol

Really? The granular poison doesn't work there? Odd. Its just the stuff you can buy at the hardware store and sprinkle about. You can see the ants carrying it back to the nest and after a couple days there are no more ants.

Got some new processed for the driveway and edged things up a bit.

The shop lawn is looking better than it ever has this year. It's gonna die eventually (like it does every year), but for right now,, for this one moment, it's looking pretty damn tight.
IMG_20160619_074549_401.jpg

Latest posts

Back