whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a pretty nice truck so far (had better!!$$). What's this 26,000 combination about, exactly? I hate to bring all this up, but I never really understood that whole combined weight deal.

Seriously?

Its the limit of what you can weigh towing a trailer.

Seems like a pretty nice truck so far (had better!!$$). What's this 26,000 combination about, exactly? I hate to bring all this up, but I never really understood that whole combined weight deal.

In some states you need a class b for towing combined over 26k. Maybe that's why.

That saw and bar looks nu, Gu.

Good eye, Dave. The bar is brand new, the saw is my backup 201 and has maybe 12 hours on it. Bought two of the bars, and swapped this one out, first. I'll keep the Stihl bars for backups.
I clean my saws up at the end of every work day, so I can keep them shiny for quite awhile. Only takes me a few minutes per saw, cuz I use a small, electric power washer. Sooner or later, I'll accidentally take a pic of one of them when they're still cruddy looking, and people will actually think I use them. ;)

Seems like a pretty nice truck so far (had better!!$$). What's this 26,000 combination about, exactly? I hate to bring all this up, but I never really understood that whole combined weight deal.[/QUOTE

The gvw is weight of truck and cargo, the combination is weight of truck cargo and trailer combined

Had to piece out a big pondarosa pine to protect a bug. We work with bio breathing down our necks. Their there to make sure we don't harm any protective trees. Yesterday i learn about the elderberry. Its not indangered its self, but a beetle that lives in it is. A simple tree that could of been free felled had to to climbed. The bark was falling off it, it had conks ten ft. up,

Had to piece out a big pondarosa pine to protect a bug. We work with bio breathing down our necks. Their there to make sure we don't harm any protective trees. Yesterday i learn about the elderberry. Its not indangered its self, but a beetle that lives in it is. A simple tree that could of been free felled had to to climbed. The bark was falling off it, it had conks ten ft. up,
thank god we have california to complicate our lives. the baloney they start there slowly spreads east and ruins everything in its path. governor moonbeam needs some cement shoes, along with his followers.

ha,,I know!
Jeff :cheers:

ha,,I know!
Jeff :cheers:

You found out that
What kind of beetle are you left-coasters trying to save?

Long horn edleberry beetle(sp?) Its a borer that only lives in this shrub. It doesn't kill the tree. What amazes me is someone found this bug, and determine its endangered.
Whats kind of funny about this whole story is after i climbed the tree took a top and a big piece, the feller dropped the stick taking out half the elderberry shrub. Oops.

93bd35dc3c19943e6d5ff9560a856dee.jpg
51cc050656014ac6aefdd2ad7fa2f0c8.jpg

Took out a red maple on a beautiful lake. Later on my ground guys put the rigging line on a fresh pile of mastiff poo.

Yeah, having a separate truck for wood (or whatever) and to tow the tractor kicks ass. What a difference already. We're destroying these local jobs now. I even got the one ton out for topsoil/plywood carrying this week.
image.jpeg

But I really owe a special thanks to whatever ball-less ********** it was that snitched me out to the DEEP early this spring. Now the MDS is a licensed CT arborist as well. I can't says I would've found the motivation to take care of that while working six, seven days a week if it wasn't for him. Lol. Here's to you (whoever you are), you ball-less, come guzzling **********,, for all you do!!:cheers:

Who is the DEEP?

Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. Basically the tree police. CT has Arborist Law, so you need a license to prune (etc) or advertise it. I never changed my old ads from when my company was registered with the DEEP before, so some jealous little snitch picked up on it. Whatever, my bad. I'm all set now, so that's the end of that ********.

Latest posts

Back