whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what wrong with America: to many people not taking their drugs. Well I am sorry that you don't want to eat all yor drugs but there are people in China who are not stoned.

And I ain't climbing no tree today! Wind is just howling, I think I will go round and fix all the fences I have broken, tried to fix and left in disgust last week.

I hate them. Constipation in a little pill.

Its in tree limb golf not isa:laugh: fore lol timber wtf just get out of the way :p

Its not to bad once you get up there and yer shirt stays tucked in I suppose but I am worried about the wind blowing something down on me that I am not expecting. Well, since I would be expecting to get clobbered by something I normally wouldn't be expecting to get clobbered by then I guess I was expecting it.

I took the barn roof today, jammed some Arbortie into some cracks in the bare sheathing and squuze some tar in there. Can't see daylight coming through anymore.

Then I cut the finial off the fence post I broke and glued it to a 4x4 then scavenged some cedar boards from the barn to make the stiles to nail back on the rails and then collect my twenty two hundred one dollar bills.

Old guy finally admitted that he could do nothing with the E. walnut logs from the 2 trees and let us take them but we did dump the chips, I hope he don't kill hisself.

Old guy's wife called me a butcher a few years ago when I went at the rhodies and azaleas which look great now. She just minds her own now while I take care of what needs taken care of. Of course we didn't have a conversation about what it takes to cut a rhody down to below a roof line because its the first time I ever cut a rhody down to below the roof line and wasn't even sure it was a rhody, I just cut it, with my sawzall.

Hopefully have time to mill some of them logs, the old guy was trying to sell them, its not much, we have Granberg, first Enlgish walnut I have done in a long long time. There is a lot of American Chestnut saplings up Peabody's but no big trees I have found as of yet. They have to come from somewhere, I have been up there for years and haven't seen one.

I am a little worried about working on this big old oak. Its a codom, the one side had suffered through something and produced a lot of deadwood but seems OK now. The other half is vigorous but bent over a pool with a decayed fungal patch on the reaction wood on the trunk, which also the tree seems to have warded off, though the patch of decay remains.

Its just that its been so warm, I usually leave oak work for winter if I can and there weren't no winter.

Got the tires mounted on the trailer and the finial glued on the post and even split wood in a white out. It would go back an forth from sunny and warm to dark windy and snow blowing sideways.

I am going to weld a receiver hitch to the side of my splitter so I can just slide in one of those cargo carriers for a log table.

The IRS was trying to give me crap about claiming hand grenades as a business expense. The grenades weren't that much, it was the gold plating that drove up the cost.

The victim for the day. Nothing really wrong with it, just too big for the space. Overhanging the two driveways and crapping all over the cars. Had it done by noon. Went to a lot clearing job that a client added a few trees to and proceeded to knock a track off of my mini loader. :angry: That took an hour or so to put back on. Breezy and cold but the sun was nice.
IMG_20170303_090736107_zpspbfgmsua.jpg

I am going to weld a receiver hitch to the side of my splitter so I can just slide in one of those cargo carriers for a log table.

That is brilliant! I am going to do the same! Have been trying to figure out how to put a table in my homemade splitter!

The victim for the day. Nothing really wrong with it, just too big for the space. Overhanging the two driveways and crapping all over the cars. Had it done by noon. Went to a lot clearing job that a client added a few trees to and proceeded to knock a track off of my mini loader. :angry: That took an hour or so to put back on. Breezy and cold but the sun was nice.
IMG_20170303_090736107_zpspbfgmsua.jpg

What kind of mini did you go throwing tracks off of? I had a Toro, it would only last a little bit in snow til ice built up inside the wheels and threw the tracks.

That is brilliant! I am going to do the same! Have been trying to figure out how to put a table in my homemade splitter!

Should fit in between the sides of the I beam so not to interfere with the tilt

Got the tires mounted on the trailer and the finial glued on the post and even split wood in a white out. It would go back an forth from sunny and warm to dark windy and snow blowing sideways.

The IRS was trying to give me crap about claiming hand grenades as a business expense. The grenades weren't that much, it was the gold plating that drove up the cost.

You are always in my prayer's,
Jeff

Should fit in between the sides of the I beam so not to interfere with the tilt
Mine doesn't tilt and has a fixed wedge. I figure I have a lot of room between the wedge and the trailer coupler to weld the reciever on. Here's what I have and what I'm thinking! Who sells the weld on reciever parts?
5f0f3e3cb56971a70a8dee38f0fde59b.jpg
d22fe5c910980667aea058bf19846bc0.jpg

What kind of mini did you go throwing tracks off of? I had a Toro, it would only last a little bit in snow til ice built up inside the wheels and threw the tracks.
Vermeer 650. Had the track come off twice since I've owned it. Once when a piece of plywood caught in it, yesterday I'm not sure. An employee has been on it both times, he has a "special gift" I guess.

CHA CHING! 10k DOLLAR TREE! YEEFNHAA! Hit the big time, gonna make a mint ! Wheelin and Dealin, makin that paper!

I finally had to send the email I knew I would have to send for a long time as this big old oak codom, fungus infected, leaning over the pool has been slated.

I don't want to do it and have been trying to trim it but haven't been able since its been so warm. I worry about this tree all the time and wish I didn't have to. I wish I didn't have to tell her it 10K to destroy her yard getting this great tree down. Its a great tree! I don't wanna do it, I am just joking about the money which I am not even sure if it would be enough. Its big and in every way. Limbs are big, trunks are big, codom is big, its 100 foot up, its 100 foot out and its roots are up against the soggy bottom of the swimming pool.

They finally found a cheaper idiot than the last one they hired to do the rugs and floor and he quit too. I know she haggled Empire Today until they told her to screw off then found a friend of a friend who turned out to be a wife beater wearing, tatooes on the muscles and still talking **** ex-con and his buddy.

I walked in, said hi and would be around from time to time doing my thing but don't know anybody else's thing. I came back awhile later and he is having a loud conversation with his worker that started with, " YEAH WHEN BACK WHEN I WAS IN JAIL..."

I pulled a U turn and went and found somewhere else to be but he saw me and asked for help putting the heater covers on when he was done. As I left I wondered who could be so casual about leaving 6, 25 foot rolls of fresh carpet in the mud and knew I would be the one moving them inside later on... and I was right! I hate being right and the thing is, well, I am always right!

BULLET PLEASE! One right behind my ear sound good!

I was up there working on my rotten old storage camper in the cold rain so I took out one of the roof vents and pushed the old barrel stove right on in. Within minutes I was sick from the paint still burning off of it. Other than that it worked good, the pipe stuck out just enough and I kept it burning low which made a lot of smoke which came in the windows because they were open from the burning paint.

I just threw in some shelves and moved a lot of crap to other areas of the farm. Like the 12 gas cans I had in there. I wheeled the stove out yesterday when I cleaned out the mechanic shop hanging hoods and fenders to make room for ALL of my crap. I am going to get the stove really hot outside to burn of the paint then paint it with good stove paint and put in it the shop. It on a garden cart and can be towed, I thought it might come in handy for splitting in the winter but have not needed it.

I really like the idea of a portable wood stove. You could backpack in enough wood to a football game or outdoor concert. The whole thing would fit in the pack, there would be miniature splits of real firewood I would sell along with the stove. Just like the real thing only smaller, the pipes would telescope and fit in the pack. It would just be a little metal firebox, you would just need to drill a few half inch holes here and there to run the pipe but Jeff could use it at his desk when the temperature drops below 72.

You know he doesn't really have a 10k dollar tree he's probably talking about some bonsai outside his padded cell at the institution! I'm still trying to figure out how he smuggled in a cell phone and a charger.

They cleared me for work, yay... well they cleared me for office work.... then I was like can I atleast run my crane like I have one lever I need to move with that arm, doc goes ugh but you work for a tree service that's a lot of heavy lifting. I'm all yea but I operate a crane, remember, doc goes but you're moving such heavy stuff... at this point I'm not sure if I need to laugh or bang my head on the wall

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back