whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well tons to do but 150 degrees f it i parked my ass today start one in the am:)

the heat is killer i think its starting to rain sometimes but its just the sweat collecting in my hard hat and starting to drain out. when its that hot its hard to get anything done

ive read alot of that hear but im the kinda guy that gives the benifit of the doubt and in this case id have to say dougs a good guy with good intentions in the tree care industry. everyone started some where and if i can help people with knowledge or equipment in the benifit of both people why not. people hammer him about his videos and what not but i can also remember a time when i first climbed a tree and i didnt do everything exactly right? as far as watching my back

doug is almost in a different tree game than me does pruning take downs in tight residential settings. im not gonna deny or bash him for trying to earn a dollar.

ill bash the man able to work sitting on his couch somewhere collecting a check that me and everyone else here is writing.

on the other hand my bread and butter is large tree removal where 80% of it is done with a crane i just had my own knuckle boom built in june to help cut down on the rental cost. i usually come in a good bit cheaper than the competion due to the speed we can knock down trees straight from a crane into a morbark 2400xl with a loader. a few years ago trees that would take us 2 days to cut down and haul out are down and out in hours.

on friday where doing a 9 pine removal ranging from 40 to 75 feet. at 400 a tree we where by far the lowest bidder including stumps. we can usually knock out a job like that in 5-6 hours.

Good luck with all that Skippy... we'll see if you're still around in a handful of years..

I smell a whole lot of BS reeking off of you. Weren't you a lawn guy crossover just a while back?

I would sure hate to be doing business in your area though, that's for sure.. you sound fearsome!!

Last edited:
What do you mean by "treating" them?

I do all the EAB treatments at my work. We use the arborjet injection system. Should be good for up to 3 years of protection. The TreeAge chemical is astronomically high in price though and that, without a doubt, has stopped many people from treating their trees. The chemical is right around $500 dollars for a 1000 ML. Large trees can take 500 ml on the high dosage. It is the best treatment available at the moment though. I'm interested in how well the soil drenches and sprays perform.

Slowly, but surely, we are seeing more infested trees in this area and eventually all of them will be doomed without treatment. I suggest any company that has not yet been hit hard, to invest in the time and equipment to save your client's ash trees. It is sad that many will wait to late to act though and will lose a tree that could have been saved if they responded in a timely fashion.

We been using Mauget. Hard to make any money on the Treeage stuff it and equip is so expensive and the hole is huge. Might as well screw a lag bolt in there for a dog run afterwards.

The soil injections (we own a pro spray rig) and the trunk drench with Safari work just fine according to researchers but....

if they wait into the season, then it is too late to do the soil injects and you have no choice at that point.

All in all it is the chem cos. that will make the most on eab treatments. Now the lawn guys and exterminators are all into the treatments too. Supply and demand.

not yet but when we do....we will get one.

you get your cdl yet. pretty easy stuff and you prob need it for that new picker ya got.

It's been 5 long years of misery trying to get my driving privileges back ( not that I didn't deserve it and I definitely learned a very valuable lesson), but I finally got my reg license a few weeks ago, passed my cdl B w/ air brakes permit and am scheduled for my road test on Aug 30th. Almost there.

not yet but when we do....we will get one.

you get your cdl yet. pretty easy stuff and you prob need it for that new picker ya got.

Still trying to figure out this whole hoisting license deal though. Seems like a real grey area in my state at least. Issue I have is the state requires 3 years experience in order to APPLY for the license, much less test for it, which means I either gotta go work for someone with a license for 3 years ( not gonna happen ) or hire someone for 3 years that has one. Taking on the expense of a CO and a crano at the same time is a big bite to chew.

Today I had the pleasure of working with Fushcut, Treeslayer, and, for the first time ever, UNDER JPS!!!! I hope I was fast enuff for him! Animal in a tree! Still wanted to be up there, but hey, respect your elders!

Maaaaan, u guys suck!!!I wanna go! Been trying to get JPS down here, but the truck issues are still not resolved:bang:

It's been 5 long years of misery trying to get my driving privileges back ( not that I didn't deserve it and I definitely learned a very valuable lesson), but I finally got my reg license a few weeks ago, passed my cdl B w/ air brakes permit and am scheduled for my road test on Aug 30th. Almost there.

no party?

Good luck with all that Skippy... we'll see if you're still around in a handful of years..

I smell a whole lot of BS reeking off of you. Weren't you a lawn guy crossover just a while back?

I would sure hate to be doing business in your area though, that's for sure.. you sound fearsome!!

good luck came a long time ago and no i never cut lawns, trees for the past ten years. and my company grew from a dumptruck and chipper into a 2 bucket truck 3 crew operation so say want you want this game has been very good to me over the years. im not gonna sit here and go on an on about the equipment i have. but im pretty sure well we still be around. all of my stories are able to be verified so if you wanna try me just go ahead. ill be more to than glad to provide the information. i have 8 tree employees and 3 that run the roto chopper makig mulch.

when we buy a truck like a knuckle boom we sure dont finance it when you get out of the minor leagues you can just write a check for that kinda ####.

i dont have to worry about the bank beatin on my door for anything.

I got to weld my twuck back together but I want to know if JPS really does wear Dockers. They are some nice pants.

002-6.jpg

I would love to see some of you big talkers on a real tree job sometime!

Got it all figured out eh??

yeah we should all go hang out at yer place fer a lil. What do you have to do?What do they get for beer up there? I'll just come for moral support, ground supervision, pics and lunch, well, unless the rest of you are like everybody else around here and I gotta do it.

Back