whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a little "company picnic" yesterday. Hired some guys to roast this ####er up. Talk about some tasty eats! Got about 30 pounds left still.:msp_w00t:

attachment.php

We have a group of coonasses that roast a piglet under ground it da bomb true creo seasoning is to die fo:)

View attachment 201331View attachment 201332
I WANNA SEE....

101's vid of anything

101's pict of his equipment....every last piece of it.

pict of 101's house :monkey:

pict or better yet, vid of 101 IN any tree....any. Doing ANYthing.

Ever notice how gay people are always puttin other people down (Academy Award clothing reviews etc.) which in turn deflects any attention or judgement away from themselves???....just sayin...

btw...youtube chose 3 music choices that time fitted the vid....picked the least obnoxious one (I kinda like it).

taking vids on client's property .....ho's all out of town....til Friday.

slowness...my op/gm had to wait for me to get cam out and get sawdust outta my face as hi wind was blowin ALL the sawdust right in my face and only place to make cut was there....gm got bout 5 0r 6 months on the machine. I woulda run em over much faster but then again...it is my gig.

Thought it woulda been cool if they were havin a cocktail party on the deck while we did job.

we in no rush....no crane op on the clock....no crane you tryin to chase off the job....just a fun yanker made plenty of dinero on, you can bet the farm on that.

Off for a long motorpickel ride on the twisty country roads.....later buddies. Have a great one.
There ya go one of a few trucks and one of my son and his buddy in front of the house

Lol. My initial thought was it looks a bit nasty, but prolly pretty damn tasty! lol.

Do they remove the brain blakes, or is that like a delicacy over your way?

Did it have the little apple in the mouth?

Not sure on the brain deal, a buddy of mine took the head for his college course. The cheeks are supposed to be pretty tasty though I didn't get one. I wanna try one cooked the way rope's talking about. Considering just buying a pig and doing it ourselves next year but will probably be too drunk to taste anything by the time it's done cooking. lol

Last edited:
OMG dude.. really? we all seen same old them lame pics like 20 times already! Surely you can do a little better than that??

I ACTUALLY DON'T THOUGH , I have no others , I mean I have pics of my house and stuff a few others but work pics not really , I am not a camera homo like you guys are my wife takes all the pics ,I thought he just wanted to see some trucks and #### he wants some of my house I have new pics of that If you wanna see them :hmm3grin2orange:

I ACTUALLY DON'T THOUGH , I have no others , I mean I have pics of my house and stuff a few others but work pics not really , I am not a camera homo like you guys are my wife takes all the pics ,I thought he just wanted to see some trucks and #### he wants some of my house I have new pics of that If you wanna see them :hmm3grin2orange:

yeah why not.

most people on here like to see a pict and better yet a vid now and again. I am one of those and just feel reciprocating is in order.

everything I put up you criticize. ya gotta see that your stuff ain't all that? no need to go further?

ps. cute kids

Comeon Reg, not tryin to get schitty w you, I consider you a bud even tho I like to needle you a bit and like it when you come out of character and needle me a bit like when we were mods on TW together but.....

are we sayin they weren't easy cause they 160' (I doubt you are scared of hts.) for the pucker factor....or not easy for humpin up that much? That was fodder for my Wraptor comment which could easily be toted in a backpack. Seems like you already had a big shot as you had one tree gettin pulled over by a line thru the top and back down and butt tied that was likely shot up there as if you topped it you prob woulda put a bowline up top.

Put it this way Dave, going to a foreign environment and selling yourself as better than the locals at their own game takes quite the attitude and self belief that you can actually pull it off.

At 39 I could have stayed cosy back home in the UK, but that’s never been my thing.

In treework, as you know, things dont just fall the right way by chance....you make it that way and it happens. Judging or shifting the favour of a big-top all takes consideration....but you obviously dont have all day to think about or re-shape it to a huge extent when there is x-amount more to do in the day....you hopefully call-it just right and seize that moment without hesitation, or you won’t be re-hired. So whether be that, or spurring dead trees that you really have no prior experience with, or just tipping them in their entirety one after another.....a job like that video comes with a whole different risk and pressure than fiddling about 60ft over someone’s roof, different being the key word.

I’ll say again, no place for being cute with a wraptor, way too many snags above and below....and if you’re fortunate enough to fire bag through the top, 8/10 it won’t have the weight to find its way down through an old doug fir. Imagine doing that on multiple trees with a bunch of guys looking on, shaking their heads. Back to basics, stick to the spurs and hustle like you’re in a sprint.

yeah why not.

most people on here like to see a pict and better yet a vid now and again. I am one of those and just feel reciprocating is in order.

everything I put up you criticize. ya gotta see that your stuff ain't all that? no need to go further?

ps. cute kids

Sorry man ... I am just a #### thats all thanks they take after there mommas , not there daddies

Put it this way Dave, going to a foreign environment and selling yourself as better than the locals at their own game takes quite the attitude and self belief that you can actually pull it off.

At 39 I could have stayed cosy back home in the UK, but that’s never been my thing.

In treework, as you know, things dont just fall the right way by chance....you make it that way and it happens. Judging or shifting the favour of a big-top all takes consideration....but you obviously dont have all day to think about or re-shape it to a huge extent when there is x-amount more to do in the day....you hopefully call-it just right and seize that moment without hesitation, or you won’t be re-hired. So whether be that, or spurring dead trees that you really have no prior experience with, or just tipping them in their entirety one after another.....a job like that video comes with a whole different risk and pressure than fiddling about 60ft over someone’s roof, different being the key word.

I’ll say again, no place for being cute with a wraptor, way too many snags above and below....and if you’re fortunate enough to fire bag through the top, 8/10 it won’t have the weight to find its way down through an old doug fir. Imagine doing that on multiple trees with a bunch of guys looking on, shaking their heads. Back to basics, stick to the spurs and hustle like you’re in a sprint.

Good on ya Reg. I can totally relate. It is a huge challenge to go into another location and market (not to mention another country and continent) and make your way. To do it at 39 (especially logging in the North woods) is impressive.

I will be 43 this month and left for greener pastures and a new location last Spring. It's a huge challenge to pick up and move somewhere, compete with the local competition and make it on your own. If you are working on your own it is a logistics nightmare... I like the feeling that you could drop me anywhere with my gear and I can make it on my own.

I did crane work almost exclusively for 2-3 years back in the late 90's. To be perfectly honest, I got bored with it. Was happy to move on and do other things on my own.

nothing cute about a Wraptor, it is just plain smart. maybe too smart for this crowd you have hooked up with but so be it. best of luck in all you do as I said when you went out there and you're a big boy and tough enough to prevail in any situation.

I moved my whole business lock stock and barrell to Ohio to hook up with a high school sweetheart after a divorce I re met at a reunion. Very very very tough lowering my bids to bargain basement prices after being top dog in my area in New Jersey for over 10 years. But sucked up and did it. It was very hard and I know where you are at. I was 33 then. Almost 30 years ago and things couldn't be better.

nothing cute about a Wraptor, it is just plain smart. maybe too smart for this crowd you have hooked up with but so be it. best of luck in all you do as I said when you went out there and you're a big boy and tough enough to prevail in any situation.

I moved my whole business lock stock and barrell to Ohio to hook up with a high school sweetheart after a divorce I re met at a reunion. Very very very tough lowering my bids to bargain basement prices after being top dog in my area in New Jersey for over 10 years. But sucked up and did it. It was very hard and I know where you are at. I was 33 then. Almost 30 years ago and things couldn't be better.

Dave I’m not looking for a medal, or even a bj....just that when you pass comment on my stuff you at least take on board the various considerations as I explained to you thereafter.

Same as the wraptor, for the third time....would love to have one but not on a job like this. Its setting the line where lies the difficulty, not the tool itself i.e. by the time and if you even managed to get your rope secured to an appropriate high-point I would’ve already had the tree half skinned by that point....and that’s just the douglas firs. All the WRcedars, even some of the grands here take a decurrant form....take my word for it, or I’d otherwise be using srt access. Absolutely no place for Cranes, buckets or wraptors....its back to basics boy....skill, aptitude and stamina is king. Cheers

Dave I’m not looking for a medal, or even a bj....just that when you pass comment on my stuff you at least take on board the various considerations as I explained to you thereafter.

Same as the wraptor, for the third time....would love to have one but not on a job like this. Its setting the line where lies the difficulty, not the tool itself i.e. by the time and if you even managed to get your rope secured to an appropriate high-point I would’ve already had the tree half skinned by that point....and that’s just the douglas firs. All the WRcedars, even some of the grands here take a decurrant form....take my word for it, or I’d otherwise be using srt access. Absolutely no place for Cranes, buckets or wraptors....its back to basics boy....skill, aptitude and stamina is king. Cheers

Lol I remember a time, lets see, yeah mid thirties oh heck in the pnw temps I could still fly:)

I do have a question though on those tops are you using anything to guaranty they go planned direction besides looking at foliage? The reason I ask is a large top way back in my early days almost retired me and I learned to either pull them all or at bare minimum use my wedges and hand sledge. A gust of wind hit and the top went backwards and twisted 360 I barely had time to get out of the way and still took a good scrape on one leg!

Last edited:
Actually, it's just radio, but I will consider TV if I ever get to that point and can service a larger market. As it stands I'm about the same distance from champaign urbana and bloomington normal, and the local radio does reach both. The programing is dreadful, easy listening, (why do they call it that when i can't stand to listen to it?) but alot of people around here listen because they are always on about my wife being "on the radio." Old folks mostly, but that's where the majority of the property money is around here. I've gotten some work from it, but a lot of folks say they hear the commercials. They just did put a new multi-color, computer controlled sign out front on the main strip, so that doesn't hurt either.

She got her start in the quads as a dj on 98.9, which was a pop hits station at the time. Then she got a nice morning show gig in champaign and that's when we met. Then she went to a station in mattoon, then back to the quads for a job that they gave her when I was sitting there and then we moved just in time to listen to the gal they really hired (who sounded dreadful) a week before she was supposed to start. We settled in for the year and had our first daughter. Then she worked a station in pekin where she was reporting on 9/11, while I was rolling back from a morning run to dubuque. We then came back here where she came home to have and raise our kids. That's the short of it.

She started last year real small helping this local station and now she's got her own office and works too much for too little, but we are building an in home studio and she's going to start freelancing. She's networking and making a lot of radio friends and revisiting old ones from the champaign market. So words getting out that way through some back channels that will benefit both of us.

She is excellent at marketing, promotions and creating commercials. If you want one, let me know. She's going to help us drum up an arbor day event here in town next year. She goes to all the city council meetings for the local station, but her presence and the knowledge of our company has already had an effect on the current tree policy. The local "tree cutter" has had a hourly contract ($100+/hr) sewn up forever and he drags his feet, no chipper. Some of his "connections" tried to get it reconfirmed by hard writing his business name into the policy and it hit the fan. Half the alderman referred to her and our business as a potential competitor. She was just there to report the events and found herself in the middle..lol. So now it's up for bid to anyone and the policy reads "tree service." We are going to be working with some of those council members about reinstituting the tree committee and revising further. I don't care if I get the work or not, just want a pro. Ever since then I have a visit from the ole boy a block or so away about noon. I almost never notice, but the ground crew does. It's a long story, but he's his own worse competition, everyone's tired of his nonsense, his prices are as bad as his personality. They are getting better though, he underbid himself by thousands as the only bidder on the last batch. Sad, but every bit poetic.

So I guess to say "just radio," is an understatement, she's practically a secret weapon, sometimes I have to throttle her back. For instance, I don't know if Paula Sands still brings Jeffrey Leving over from Chicago onto her show, but my wife got that started out of thin air (it ran for a couple years after anyway) when we were up there while we were in the middle of building a custody case for my son. I got my book signed, had dinner in Bettendorf with him and his assistant, and had an awesome in depth discussion on father's rights in general. I couldn't discuss my case as I had council, but what a moral boost. We were thinking of switching to Jeffery's office. He is perhaps best known for his work in the early stages of the Elian Gonzalez federal case. It was cheaper to just read his book and use his game plan. :laugh: It worked, thank God.

In any event, she'll even put on the ppe, drag brush, chip, and rake with the best of them, so she's not afraid to get it done at the job site either.

Recently, I'm getting ransacked with internet company's calling to put me on their multi-site programs for "x" amount. No, I'm good, thanks. Having free listing everywhere is working for now, I get a little business from it too, but word of mouth is still king, especially when your wife makes a living at it. ;)

Good stuff, you should PM me her name, see if I remember her from 98.9, its a religious channel now. I have several buds in the business. See if she remembers Dwyer and Micheals, or Bill Stage. Stager was next door for 5 years. I need to get on there as well, just need to site down and do it. Ya got me motivated to do it, need to call them and get it going. I want to run TV commercials as well, had that all set up, but then the motors blew and that stopped all that I had planned this year. Had hoped to get JPS down here to edumacate us, all they money I had sacked away for such a thing was eatin up by dealerships, gonna try again next year, ya should roll down and join us. I has biga ayard, wit lots a big arse trees that we can screw around in. Gonna get Pat Miletich to be the voice for me on the commercials! "HIRE SCOTT, OR ILL KICK YOUR......."

Sorry man ... I am just a #### thats all thanks they take after there mommas , not there daddies

I always tell folks that all my kids got their good looks from me.

You ought to see the looks on people's faces after a comment like that, especially in front of my wife, the always check her reaction...lol.

I pause and then say, cause their mother still has her's.

Back