whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, I get it... I was actually considering the safety orange with the fenders done in black. I'm painting the chip and bucket truck to match this year, I just can't decide what color scheme to go with. All I know for sure right now is that I want the boxes on both to be black.

i could never decide on a paint job like making the box one color and the truck another. i have been trying to think of a good one for a while now. Im finally working on getting my trucks logo'ed up now. another member here is actually helping me with that.

dont have a single name or phone# on nothing i gotta change that. not necissarily to boost sales but to make sure im not mistaken for someone else.

i could never decide on a paint job like making the box one color and the truck another. i have been trying to think of a good one for a while now. Im finally working on getting my trucks logo'ed up now. another member here is actually helping me with that.

dont have a single name or phone# on nothing i gotta change that. not necissarily to boost sales but to make sure im not mistaken for someone else.

Truck looks good, what year ? mine is a 84 f600 370-gas 16 ft dump.

LOL, hear ya on that. I'm focusing attention on my "brand" for 2012, so people in the neighborhoods will start identifying my services with the continuity of the aesthetics of my equipment. That alone will boost sales and instill consumer confidence in my abilities.

Ignoring me would work better than provoking me ...

Pretty certain I recall you scamming the Angie's system just like everything else about you is a scam or a bald faced lie. I recall you saying you gave discounts on take downs regardless of the stumbling way you complete them in return for the customer reciprocating with a good review on Angie's List.

You should either be banned after this last hoax award by management like you were on TWorld or we all should commit to put The Aenalist on "Ignore" permanently. Likely the former is not gonna happen if it has not happened to date so...

is anyone in agreement on the latter? If so "quote" this post and type in your name after you have done it.

You recall? You are full of shat, lxt made up a story about how I "scammed" people into writing good reviews for me. Now just how would I do that? No one has any control over what A-List members write about their experiences with contractors except the members themselves.

If all the pathetic losers here would put me on ignore then they wouldn't respond like kindergardeners to my posts and the forum would be a much nicer place. Those who treat me with respect will get respect from me, as it has always been.

I look forward to the #### Clique of internet bullies here dropping out of any discussions I choose to participate in.

Truck looks good, what year ? mine is a 84 f600 370-gas 16 ft dump.

Thanks. It's an 88 F600 370 5spd slpit, dual tanks. Has 40K original miles and was stored in doors it's whole life before I got ahold of it. It's in really nice shape. I'm excited to finally be getting around painting, and finishing the box up. I've had it for close to a year now, and have done nothing with it..

You recall? You are full of shat, lxt made up a story about how I "scammed" people into writing good reviews for me. Now just how would I do that?.

By giving them an even a lower price than the true price you get for your pos rag tag beginner service as opposed to the lying and phony prices you are famous for posting dichwad. In return the tight wad customers you work for give you a false good review...

probably like on that mess of a job you just screwed up, getting baled our by another tree service finishing it for you. We would have likely finished that job in one day.

We got a scammer in Cinci. just like you Aenalist.

Angies List is much like the reputation given out on this site. Anybody can give it and just because you have a bunch of it does not mean that you are knowledgeable on a subject or capable of doing a job.

It appears that the Aerialist's main objective is to have excellent reviews on Angies List. As a business owner I would be more concerned with giving the customer great service at a competitive price while exceeding their expectations. Something we call value. Premier companies find that word of mouth is the best form of advertising and don't need to rely on reviews posted on a website. Their work tells the story and stands the test of time.

Wow. I see the Analist has once again made a strong showing! Too bad I don't wanna waste my battery on the video, sounds like a goodn! :laugh:

For whatever reason, my phone has full power here at 2:30 am. It doesn't work during the day, on account of the power and cell towers being down from the storm still. Works out and about some, just not at home. Its very spotty though. They say my town might not get power back for "several" more days. Talk about miserable!

Took today just to chase down jobs mostly, which went well. Tomorrow is actual workie, and then some more estimates. Busy, busy, busy now! Some areas are like war zones out there! Nothing me and the other 400 fully equipped local tree services around here can't handle though! Lol. :cheers:

I'm going to build out the top to 3/4 with some plywood, then sand the rust spots and shoot fresh black. Doing the cab over too.

Cool truck. These things are BEAST!

Make sure you use actual plywood. I used wafer board once, BAD IDEA! After a couple of days I realized the chips were working the wafer's loose and I blew a hole in the side! Also, the air vent's, we tried several different things, ended up gettinG registers covers from Menards and painting them black, but man, could that thing hold some chips! Only problem I have is the bed does not tip as much as I like, sometimes stuff did not want to come out.

Cool truck. These things are BEAST!

Make sure you use actual plywood. I used wafer board once, BAD IDEA! After a couple of days I realized the chips were working the wafer's loose and I blew a hole in the side! Also, the air vent's, we tried several different things, ended up gettinG registers covers from Menards and painting them black, but man, could that thing hold some chips! Only problem I have is the bed does not tip as much as I like, sometimes stuff did not want to come out.

Funny you mention that about the bed. Mine does the exact same thing. I am having the geometry changed at a truck shop so I can get more tilt out of it. It sucks right now for dumping chips. Doesn't go nearly as high as my 1ton or forestry package. Plus, it has a wood deck, and creates more friction than steel, which makes it even worse.

By giving them an even a lower price than the true price you get for your pos rag tag beginner service as opposed to the lying and phony prices you are famous for posting dichwad. In return the tight wad customers you work for give you a false good review...

probably like on that mess of a job you just screwed up, getting baled our by another tree service finishing it for you. We would have likely finished that job in one day...

Well Matt did bail me out of grinding the huge stumps out with his Bobcat. It would have taken me a week to grind them out with my puny tractor. Having said that, those stumps used to be huge Pin Oaks that overhung the house and the wires. I didn't need any help with that part of the job.

I bid the job @ $5000 (and that included the A-List discount of $200). I wasn't the lowest bidder but I still got the job. I always ask the customer after the job is finished what other prices were bid so I can see just how my pricing stacks up compared to others.

My customers are not "tight wads". I think you are confusing Angie's List with Craig's List. I stopped running craigslist ads because too many of the responders were exactly that, tight wads looking for the cheapest possible price.

I often find out that customers hire me based on reputation for quality work, not low price, and many of my jobs are "word of mouth" from prior customers. Angie's List is "word of mouth" writ large however, and once you establish and excellent set of ratings there your business (whatever it is) will take off. 70 ~ 80% of my work is now from the A-List and I don't even advertise anywhere else because I don't need to.

Angie's List is nationwide and no one on this forum but me has posted their "Super Service" award, why is that do you suppose?.

Oh yeah I sure left a mess at the job:

6296948491_396d3aca8d_b.jpg

Last edited:
You recall? You are full of shat, lxt made up a story about how I "scammed" people into writing good reviews for me. Now just how would I do that? No one has any control over what A-List members write about their experiences with contractors except the members themselves.

If all the pathetic losers here would put me on ignore then they wouldn't respond like kindergardeners to my posts and the forum would be a much nicer place. Those who treat me with respect will get respect from me, as it has always been.

I look forward to the #### Clique of internet bullies here dropping out of any discussions I choose to participate in.

You said once that I have you all wrong. No, I have you pegged. You have us all wrong. You thought that you would be able to get on here and lie and we wouldn't know, well......... we do. What is really bad is you tell lies upon lies and then you cant even remember what you said. But then, when you are busted, you try and spin it to make it look like you "knew" and that your doing it just to get under our skin. Which is it. That video is a perfect example of what you are. Just a bunch of jackassery going on. I really don't want ya to go, I love the fact that when everybody else is fighting, the one thing that brings them together is you. And I LOVE YOUR VIDEOS. They are so good for training. I show them to my guys and simply say. "If you work like this, you will be fired" or "this is what separates us from them"
The one thing I fear fake Marine. You eventually will get killed or kill someone else. Although you are a turd, your my favorite one.
So be careful, I want to see more of your ridiculous videos. Showing a bunch them at a party this weekend, can you make some knew ones by the end of the week?
Whadya think of the Griener 2000? Does all that yours does, and even a little more, it mows grass. and I paid 250.00 for it.
BTW, what is PTSS? What did Lee do in the Navy to get it? Let me guess, he was a Seal with Tricky #### and seen way to much action.Or was it the time that u guys sneaked into that Russian Air base and.......................

Last edited:
Well Matt did bail me out of grinding the huge stumps out with his Bobcat. It would have taken me a week to grind them out with my puny tractor. Having said that, those stumps used to be huge Pin Oaks that overhung the house and the wires. I didn't need any help with that part of the job.

I bid the job @ $5000 (and that included the A-List discount of $200). I wasn't the lowest bidder but I still got the job. I always ask the customer after the job is finished what other prices were bid so I can see just how my pricing stacks up compared to others.

My customers are not "tight wads". I think you are confusing Angie's List with Craig's List. I stopped running craigslist ads because too many of the responders were exactly that, tight wads looking for the cheapest possible price.

I often find out that customers hire me based on reputation for quality work, not low price, and many of my jobs are "word of mouth" from prior customers. Angie's List is "word of mouth" writ large however, and once you establish and excellent set of ratings there your business (whatever it is) will take off. 70 ~ 80% of my work is now from the A-List and I don't even advertise anywhere else because I don't need to.

Angie's List is nationwide and no one on this forum but me has posted their "Super Service" award, why is that do you suppose?.

I agree with you on how valuable great ratings on Angie's list can be to a business. I am a rated company there as well, even though I didn't ask anyone to do that. I also don't think it's a terrible idea to ask for positive ratings from customers if they percieve that you have done a good job either. As for the discount you give, I don't really find anything wrong with that because Angie's list costs money to sign up for, and further you arte asking a customer to take time out of their day to promote your business. Large companies do this sort of marketing daily.

However, what you need to keep in mind, is that ANYONE, can just start going around to say, everyone they know on facebook and do the same thing without having ever have started a chain saw, and get the same type of reviews. Just because you have several hundred great reviews on A list, doesn't mean you are a great outfit, it just means that there are other anonymous individuals out there that say you are. It's called marketing, and we all have been taken once or twice by a slick add that sounds too good to be true. not to say that you fall into this category of course, because I don't know you all that well.

Had the haunted trail last night, must of had 4-500 kids! HOLY BAT SHAT! IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! I put a big sign up and oh man, did they come. It was a blast, made at least 10 or so kids cry, made a mom pee her pants. We had 6 monsters and 1 acre to cover, I'm a little tired today and my throat feels like sand paper from screaming! We went thru 200bucks worth of candy in no time! Had to make another trip and we learned something. DO NOT BUY CANDY ON HALLOWEEN. They really stick it to ya. A week ago we were paying $2.50 a bag, same bag,same store....last night..........$5.99!!!! Talk about gouging!
Next year I'm going as AA

Last edited:
Had the hunted trail last night, must of had 4-500 kids! HOLY BAT SHAT! IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! I put a big sign up and oh man, did they come. It was a blast, made at least 10 or so kids cry, made a mom pee her pants. We had 6 monsters and 1 acre to cover, I'm a little tired today and my throat feels like sand paper from screaming! We went thru 200bucks worth of candy in no time! Had to make another trip and we learned something. DO NOT BUY CANDY ON HALLOWEEN. They really stick it to ya. A week ago we were paying $2.50 a bag, same bag,same store....last night..........$5.99!!!! Talk about gouging!
Next year I'm going as AA

I especially like the last part......

Angies List is much like the reputation given out on this site. Anybody can give it and just because you have a bunch of it does not mean that you are knowledgeable on a subject or capable of doing a job.

To compare the reviews and ratings earned on Angie's List to what the flunkies here throw up is ludicrous. For one, the people pay to be an A-List member, and their only agenda is to review contractors of all types for other members to read. If a contractor was not capable of doing a job they wouldn't last very long as an A-List contractor.

appears that the Aerialist's main objective is to have excellent reviews on Angies List. As a business owner I would be more concerned with giving the customer great service at a competitive price while exceeding their expectations. Something we call value. Premier companies find that word of mouth is the best form of advertising and don't need to rely on reviews posted on a website. Their work tells the story and stands the test of time.

My main objective is to provide superior work and achieve 100% customer satisfaction, not just with A-list customers, but with ALL my customers. It's something you all would do well to follow.

What you don't seem to understand is that Angie's List IS word of mouth, posted on the Angie's List website for all members to read. As I said it is "word of mouth writ large". There is a gem of wisdom there for all of you to see. Any one of you will have a great deal more work if you followed my example of getting a bunch of great reviews on the A-List.

Here is a review that made the Angie's List online magazine last year:

Imperial tree service contractor called an artist

Jessica Sutton likes the view from above since having her her trees trimmed.

"Aerial Arborist is the best!" Sutton says. "Doug [Metcalfe, the owner] and his nephew got right to work and I was amazed at how fast they cleaned up my oak tree.

"I recommend everyone stay and watch Doug work, not because he needs supervision but rather because he is so good at his job. It's just fun to watch. He climbs with a chain saw and makes it look so easy. He is really a tree artist."

After reading this threads last few pages if any one of you ####ers ever call me a premier tree service I am gonna sock ya right in the suckhole .... This guy has cheapened that word to the point where it would be like calling someone a complete #### off .... I am not gonna lie though I enjoy the videos .....

OK Beaner, show where I have lied ...

You said once that I have you all wrong... you tell lies upon lies ... The one thing I fear fake Marine. You eventually will get killed or kill someone else... So be careful, I want to see more of your ridiculous videos... BTW, what is PTSS? What did Lee do in the Navy to get it? Let me guess, he was a Seal with Tricky #### and seen way to much action...

Well I'm glad you like my videos and I will surely be posting more of them. You accuse me of lies and yet I have only posted one. That Countach I'm sitting in is not mine (it is real though) it was a cool older dude's who stopped by to watch us work some trees. I posted that in response to someone saying I drove a "beater" vehicle to work.

As to being a "fake Marine" I do have an honorable discharge from the USMC and that would make me a Marine, regardless of my length of service. With all your "tip of the spear" contacts you could have found that out, it's public record.

Lee has been awarded a 100% disability for ptss and you know full well what that is. I let him come out on some my jobs to get him out into the real world and associate with people. I don't put him in a position to cause anyone to get hurt (not after the Pine tree thing) I don't let him run a saw or feed the chipper. I'm grinding out another (small) stump today and I'm bringing Lee with me. Just getting him out of his hotel is therapy for him.

I agree with you on how valuable great ratings on Angie's list can be to a business. I am a rated company there as well, even though I didn't ask anyone to do that. I also don't think it's a terrible idea to ask for positive ratings from customers if they percieve that you have done a good job either. As for the discount you give, I don't really find anything wrong with that because Angie's list costs money to sign up for, and further you arte asking a customer to take time out of their day to promote your business. Large companies do this sort of marketing daily.

I don't ask directly for good ratings but I do make sure they are completely satisfied with all my work. My terms are payment after the job is done to their complete satisfaction. I do a walk around with the customer and any issues they have (and there are few) I take care of immediately before I ask for payment.

I offer A-List customers a 20% discount, up to $200, on all tree work. It's posted on the website. I also offer a 10% senior discount and to qualify they only have to be older than me.

... what you need to keep in mind, is that ANYONE, can just start going around to say, everyone they know on facebook and do the same thing without having ever have started a chain saw, and get the same type of reviews. Just because you have several hundred great reviews on A list, doesn't mean you are a great outfit, it just means that there are other anonymous individuals out there that say you are. It's called marketing, and we all have been taken once or twice by a slick add that sounds too good to be true. not to say that you fall into this category of course, because I don't know you all that well.

And what you need to keep in mind is that to post a review on Angie's List you have to be a member. Angie's List claims to have procedures in place to prevent fraudulent reviews and having all your friends join to give you a good review might be possible but not practical.

The reviews are NOT anonymous, as the review I just posted by Jessica Sutton shows. They sign their names to them. I have zero control over what my customers write about me. It's kind of amazing that so far there has not been that one customer that nothing you do will satisfy. I'm sure you've all run into those types before.

I do screen my potential clients for those types however, and if I perceive that the customer will give me trouble I just throw in an absurdly high bid to eliminate them.

Back