whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wanna an honest answer , cause were better than that , in fact when I go to other states if given the choice I will pay a few cents more and have them do it, I don't even clean my own windshields I just pay homeless guy 5 cents to do that too ..

Right. And weren't you the one complaining about diaper rash on the ride home last time, or was that the time before, I forget.. lol. :laugh:

Actually it might get better milage 'cuz I'm always buzzing the 350 in the lower gears to make the hills around here. My dump is never going to be an economy king anyway, I might as well be able to keep up with traffic.

When you put a big enough chipper behind them and load them up your gonna be glad you have the 454. One of my older dumps had a 360 and it just drank the gas because you always had the peddle on the floor climbing hills. i have no idea how they run the 360 gas in the buckets the top speed on them things must be 40 mph you would have to gear it to the ground to pull a chipper and a full load of chips my forestry weighs close to 32k loaded with chips. and the gvw is 33k. and it gives the 280hp c7 cat a work out.
i weigh my trucks alot i have a set of scales to weigh my e-mod.

I went ice fishing and caught a 37" 11 pound Northern.
attachment.php

you from Ct at one point? I thought we were the only ones that called subs grinders?

When I was doing some work in DesMoines I tried them. Its italian sausage with sauce on a chewy hoogie bun and mozzarella. You can find them all over there, its the only place I have heard of them.

When I was doing some work in DesMoines I tried them. Its italian sausage with sauce on a chewy hoogie bun and mozzarella. You can find them all over there, its the only place I have heard of them.
We have them all over here too. Actually have a fast food chain called Grinders! MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

We were getting 50 mph winds all day...no calls. I read and studied all day. Shigo New Tree, Intro to Biology-Stern and then watched a bunch of Vids on cells and cell structure. EEEEEEXXXXXCITING!!! not! But I am learning alot. Trying to find a good website for Biology vids, there are so many, you cant tell which one are good are not.

When you put a big enough chipper behind them and load them up your gonna be glad you have the 454. One of my older dumps had a 360 and it just drank the gas because you always had the peddle on the floor climbing hills. i have no idea how they run the 360 gas in the buckets the top speed on them things must be 40 mph you would have to gear it to the ground to pull a chipper and a full load of chips my forestry weighs close to 32k loaded with chips. and the gvw is 33k. and it gives the 280hp c7 cat a work out.
i weigh my trucks alot i have a set of scales to weigh my e-mod.

:agree2:
Smaller is not allways better when it comes to fuel mileage.

AA.What carb will it be using?It would do best with a well tuned quadrajet.They are the best of both worlds when[if] you get a good one.It is 2bbl only until you mash on it.The secondaries will feed the monster when pulling a load up the hill though.

We were getting 50 mph winds all day...no calls. I read and studied all day. Shigo New Tree, Intro to Biology-Stern and then watched a bunch of Vids on cells and cell structure. EEEEEEXXXXXCITING!!! not! But I am learning alot. Trying to find a good website for Biology vids, there are so many, you cant tell which one are good are not.

I have been trying to study for my cert and my CDL. I'm sure I can pass the CDL test but need more time on my cert. Since Xmas break my two boys have been driving me nuts, fighting over everything. Then driving their trucks and race cars all over the house and they have to make their loud motor sounds too. I cant study nothing if I had to! I have a guy coming this week to look at the basement and have it finished. Can you say mancave! I cant wait!

I guess you never heard the expression, " Jersey Driver"?

Well that's funny epecially since from memorial day to labor day all the pennsy shoebies clog our right lanes up , and drive like chinese tourists , I guess you can't see all the stay right except to pass that we post every quarter mile or so ... And then drive 10 miles under the speedlimit and change lanes at will and without any signal whatsoever

Well that's funny epecially since from memorial day to labor day all the pennsy shoebies clog our right lanes up , and drive like chinese tourists , I guess you can't see all the stay right except to pass that we post every quarter mile or so ... And then drive 10 miles under the speedlimit and change lanes at will and without any signal whatsoever

OMG that pi sses me off! When we go to Minnesota for the boy, between St Paul and St Cloud, its the same way, will be going 75-80, in a 70, then some, as you say, Chinese tourist jumps over and goes 40:bang::bang:

I have been trying to study for my cert and my CDL. I'm sure I can pass the CDL test but need more time on my cert. Since Xmas break my two boys have been driving me nuts, fighting over everything. Then driving their trucks and race cars all over the house and they have to make their loud motor sounds too. I cant study nothing if I had to! I have a guy coming this week to look at the basement and have it finished. Can you say mancave! I cant wait!

Since I wake up at night! Instead of the morning, I have been using that time to read, works well, everybody else that can sleep, is! Might try that, wake up a couple hours early and put yer nose in those books. If you don't have it already, the Arboriculture dictionary is a good resource when reading. Its available on the ISA site. I know its hard to remember all the different words and terms, especially in the biology part. Look them up in the dictionary, or google them for that matter, and it will be easier on you the next time you see the word. It will help you comprehend what your reading as well. Test is not that hard, they don't go real deep. But once you have it, don't count on all the stuff in the text book as knowledge, can get ya in trouble. Make sure that you continue the education by reading more books! Guys around here read hat study guide, and think that is all they need, far from it. The books has good info but only touches briefly into each part, there is ALOT more to it.
Sometimes when I see a word that I cant figure out how to pronounce (parenchyma cells) I find a vid on you tube about biology and learn it from there. Stupid I know, but I don't want to be in a convo and sound like a moron!

Last edited:
Removed a decent sized jack pine on a severe lean due to snow load, started out clear, then soon as we got the 2 blocks into some neighboring trees and I went up to make the first cut, the wind started howling, tree is a rocking! (50' up) was snowing like a freaking blizzard! Made the first cut where it was bending and drifted it over exactly where we wanted as there were a number of smaller maples below we could not hit! Went awesome, the home owner took some good pics, will post em later if I get them today. Nice paying job, all the wood stayed! (thank goodness) Good start to the year! Now I have to dry and 600' of rope and gear! Wife's not happy i am bringing it all into the basement! Supposed to get to -28 tonight with the wind chill!

Packed for the Cuban adventure later this week and am taking the train to London, Ontario late this aft to visit a friend in the interim. I fly out of Pearson to Varadero on Thursday at 1550 hrs.

On da train ....just left Woodstock, Ontario next stop London @ 1955 EST.Living it up in Biz for the princely sum of $64 one way.

Removed a decent sized jack pine on a severe lean due to snow load, started out clear, then soon as we got the 2 blocks into some neighboring trees and I went up to make the first cut, the wind started howling, tree is a rocking! (50' up) was snowing like a freaking blizzard! Made the first cut where it was bending and drifted it over exactly where we wanted as there were a number of smaller maples below we could not hit! Went awesome, the home owner took some good pics, will post em later if I get them today. Nice paying job, all the wood stayed! (thank goodness) Good start to the year! Now I have to dry and 600' of rope and gear! Wife's not happy i am bringing it all into the basement! Supposed to get to -28 tonight with the wind chill!

I was up north over New Years and could not believe the load on the trees. Then the wind picked up. I lost a spruce near my hydro line. Luckily it got caught up in a Maple. Did an off set cut at the base and pulled the bottom with the truck. On the ground now and can stay there till the spring.:laugh:

Not enough snow yet to ride the sled without wrecking the carbides, so pretty much stayed inside and enjoyed our company.

I have a class to instruct tomorrow, so I'm digging out the long underwear and belaclava. Gonna be a cold one.

Latest posts

Back