whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got paid from the last of the rush of work we had from the October snow storm. Now for the third day I'm gonna harass my useless leasing company as to what the buyout on my bucket is.

That and I'm gonna talk to southco about the new toolboxes and headache rack again. I think I might just paint the whole truck green and be done with it... I'll be halfway there with the rack and boxes anyway. Spending mad money... now there's a different twist on winter projects! Should be fun though!

I finally got paid from the last of the rush of work we had from the October snow storm. Now for the third day I'm gonna harass my useless leasing company as to what the buyout on my bucket is.

That and I'm gonna talk to southco about the new toolboxes and headache rack again. I think I might just paint the whole truck green and be done with it... I'll be halfway there with the rack and boxes anyway. Spending mad money... now there's a different twist on winter projects! Should be fun though!
If you like my green, on mine, its container paint for con-ex boxes, shaded/cut with xelenol (the thinner). You can buy it at Menards for about 50 a gal, real cheap when comparing to Auto paint and much tougher, sprays fine out of a gun. 2/3 paint, i/3 xelenol

Mods, I know this should be down in health care, but wanted a bigger audience, so please leave for the moment!

Does anybody have a chart that shows normal PH ranges and nutrient requirements for all trees and shrubs. Trying to find one document that has them, instead of bits and pieces of info.

Try the Cheater's Bible, otherwise known as The Ortho Problem Solver.

I could have stayed home, and lite 4, hundred dollar bills on fire and I would be ahead. Get all my stuff out to a job, only for the HO to change his mind and not want us to do it then, WTF? Was so mad that I had to go, quickly. We went up there to check things before we took equip out there, talked to him, all was well. His excuse was that is was to cold for us to be out there? Got up to 30 yesterday. Sometimes, I really don't like the elderly.

Ahh, the duality of man... the cantakerous nature of old man.

Last edited:
Ouch. That sucks. Just started doing this this winter, since we don't really work much, ( and the days we do we line up on top of each other ) we pulled our batteries, hooked them to the trickle charger, then stored them someplace warm. Kinda got sick of losing a couple 100+ dollar batteries each winter. Hope this solves the issue.

As for me, I spent the morning on the phone and tying up some loose ends. Cancelled my capital one card after I realized they were tossing on some bogus identity protection fees each month. I hadn't even activated the card and had a 40 dollar balance. #### that, payed it off, cancelled it, and got a citibank card instead. These CC hucksters make me laugh, they act like they're the only game in town. lol Took me 5 minutes to get a new card through a competing bank.

Eyup, I gots a stack of un-registered cards just sittin here. Want one? And yeah, I had to break the ice of the chipper's cutter wheel the other day myself.

Yep, be careful, some of your smaller, local leasing company's are pretty shady.

Yeah, no kidding, that's one of the reasons I wanna get rid of mine early... I would rather any hidden surprizes manifest themselves now and just get it over with. Payed off my chipper this summer too. My goal is to just get these people out of my life once and for all!

And thanks on the paint, sounds interesting, but I'll probably just stick with auto body paint. Imron is good #### for equipment, but way too expensive. There is a maaco here that does big trucks (they did the cab and jams on my chip truck), the use dupont centari, I think.

I use van sickle paint on all my equipment. I use a fast dry reducer (abou $30 a gal) and van sickle hardner. Best part is if you get a scratch, you just get ouot the spray can and touch it up.

Yeah, no kidding, that's one of the reasons I wanna get rid of mine early... I would rather any hidden surprizes manifest themselves now and just get it over with. Payed off my chipper this summer too. My goal is to just get these people out of my life once and for all!

And thanks on the paint, sounds interesting, but I'll probably just stick with auto body paint. Imron is good #### for equipment, but way too expensive. There is a maaco here that does big trucks (they did the cab and jams on my chip truck), the use dupont centari, I think.

When I went to that place that we will not mention, in Ill to buy my truck, I was looking them over and seen that they where charging 10g's more for the white wash. I picked one just out of maintenance and going to paint To bad maintenance must have meant pen whipping a fake service sheet! But I figured I saved 10 g's that way, all together,cant remember for sure, I think I had about 1500 into everything, including the compressor and the gun.

As you all know (weather channel) getting blasted. Crap week for me :bang: Thought I could pull off a good Friday, nope, snow wants to jump down on top of us from the north and dump on us, good inch in the last 45min. Guys running a few loads of wood out...........yay

Danno, I'll take a card, one of those black ones!
Yeah grouchy old men, I wanted to light him up, but know he is probably a old war hero, has navy stuff everywhere, so I just kept my mouth shut and got outa there. Too cold!, how bout letting me decided that!

Hey now, I can get down with some flat black!

Well, flat black, and the "chrome" are two entirely different things man..

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to swing the entire thing yet, but we'll see. I figure I'll have the tires dismounted and have my backyard mechanic blast them, and do em up the silver that the "fleet" gets, at a later date. He was just bragging about his new to him 1970's gas compressor. Dude does stuff real cheap, and does a damn good job actually. I have him doing new doors, hinges and mirrors for my one ton at the moment. If I still got the rim pic from when he did the ones on the old chevy, I'll put it up later.

I use van sickle paint on all my equipment. I use a fast dry reducer (abou $30 a gal) and van sickle hardner. Best part is if you get a scratch, you just get ouot the spray can and touch it up.

I painted my bucket with a material cost less than $300. At 20 mph. or 20 feet it looks great. Ive seen some of the $2500 white wash paint jobs, they aren't much better

Last edited:
It cost me twice that much, because I primered the truck first, then put on 3 coats of paint plus hardener. Its pretty hard, and dont scratch much. I painted the top white like you, but I also painted the frame and wheels, battiery box, fuel tank. I also had the roof rack lifted off with a crane so I could paint it also. I also used a HVLP professional gun I bought. Those suction guns use way to much paint.

Last edited:
I primed mine too, thats where I messed up. I used hardener in the primer instead of reducer, paint fumes messed me up. Talked to the paint store and asked them what I should do, they didn't have an answer. I proceeded to apply the topcoats and it hasn't peeled or anything in 2 years. I wanted to take the roof rack off, but it was bent up some, and figured it was going to be a pain in the butt to get it to line up with the mounting holes to replace.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back