whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deevo

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
those piliated peckers are some cool looking critters. Don't see them nearly as much as I used to..

where abouts in Flo you going?
Let me tell you, they have been a massive $$$$ maker for me in the last 3 months in my area alone! Mostly getting into and destroying the sugar maples, but have made a mess of these pines. I might start breeding them this year!
Disney fort wilderness, we are trying something new this year! Last 4 years we stayed at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimee, which is a great place as well!

superjunior

superjunior

Addicted to ArboristSite
Let me tell you, they have been a massive $$$$ maker for me in the last 3 months in my area alone! Mostly getting into and destroying the sugar maples, but have made a mess of these pines. I might start breeding them this year!
Disney fort wilderness, we are trying something new this year! Last 4 years we stayed at Orange Lake Resort in Kissimee, which is a great place as well!

haven't seen one in quite a while, glad to hear they're still flourishing (and making someone some $ lol)

Have fun on your trip man, I'll be down in Oct to work on my tan..

formationrx

formationrx

ArboristSite Guru
2day.....

did a referral for a ####### ##### lady.... she was eyeballing me the whole day and coming out pointing at stuff..... i helped her best i could ( i ate it ).... but man thats annoying..... the job was removing deadwood from white birches.... sounds easy right? well the trees were 50 ft tall and they were over flower gardens on a fence line..... it sucked.... but at the end of the day she was happy and i got the check and got the #### out..... hope you all have a good day tmw....

beastmaster

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I left down town riverside this morning in a short sleeve shirt and my lite boots, headed up the mountain to do three removals. bye 9:00 am I was up in the top of a pine when the wind kicked up and it started snowing, hailing and sleeting all at the same time. Temp. dropped 30 degrees. They wanted me to chunk out two pines and a cedar next to a house, there was a hi way and HV wires down hill, but it was so cold I was inspired to figure out a way to drop those suckers. I took a big top out of the one I was in so it couldn't roll down hill. then dropped it and rest of them across a small road so they landed on the bank on the other side all up hill.
I get paid by the hour for that company and normally will do what-ever they ask(they do some strange stuff sometimes)but today I just wanted to get out of there before I froze to death. I was home by two.

sgreanbeans

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
It was fun while it lasted

Went and absolutely murdered a box elder. Nice sized, 50", 60ft, big, long spread out canopy........with a open yard! I love snap cutting whole leads and getting them to land perfectly flat, I know its basic, but still great fun! Left wood on site, they wanted box elder? split good, but the smell! Thought I had a primary close to it, was going to have to deal with that, nope!, just a tension wire for a service pole, can we say CHYEA BOI!
But the fun is over, back to waiting for it to freeze or dry. Have 11 nice jobs just staring at me, making me wanting to just go for it, but know if I do, I'll regret it.

SWAG

treeman82

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nothing crazy... finished up one job from last week, then dropped the chipper back by the crane so we could finish up today. Did put a mutilated red oak on the ground while were there though. Got a rope set, made a nice pie, thing went directly between another oak and a hickory tree... thought for sure it would roll off something and do a bit of damage, but nope... nice and clean.

Had a friend of mine who is short on work bang out a busted branch on this one cherry tree before a closing, he made out well on the deal... got a job across the street while he was there and made a day of it. Was gonna have him do this emergency job today with all his guys too... pine tree on a house. Guy called on Sunday, the two of us looked, I spoke with the owner on Sunday, and Monday morning he needed a quote for his insurance company. Then he calls back later to say please just get it off the house before the snow and rain comes. Had my buddy agree to go over there today to get it done, give the guy a call to let him know my friend would be there today, leave a message. SOB calls me at 10:00 last night, to say that he got somebody else and don't send anybody. Just sent out an invoice for a cancellation fee. call 10PM to cancel a job... :angry:

sgreanbeans

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Nothing crazy... finished up one job from last week, then dropped the chipper back by the crane so we could finish up today. Did put a mutilated red oak on the ground while were there though. Got a rope set, made a nice pie, thing went directly between another oak and a hickory tree... thought for sure it would roll off something and do a bit of damage, but nope... nice and clean.

Had a friend of mine who is short on work bang out a busted branch on this one cherry tree before a closing, he made out well on the deal... got a job across the street while he was there and made a day of it. Was gonna have him do this emergency job today with all his guys too... pine tree on a house. Guy called on Sunday, the two of us looked, I spoke with the owner on Sunday, and Monday morning he needed a quote for his insurance company. Then he calls back later to say please just get it off the house before the snow and rain comes. Had my buddy agree to go over there today to get it done, give the guy a call to let him know my friend would be there today, leave a message. SOB calls me at 10:00 last night, to say that he got somebody else and don't send anybody. Just sent out an invoice for a cancellation fee. call 10PM to cancel a job... :angry:

Well beings you had to cancel another job to do his "emergency" job, and had to bring in another crew.............I would say a $500 fee would be fair:laugh:

tree MDS
Got a buddy of mine coming in later to help with the chipper painting project. Dude is actually pretty damn handy.. even though I like to bust his ass. Once we rip it apart, its gotta get done, so that should be a motivational aid. I got most of the decals off it already. Crud thug works sweet... saves a lot of labor. I would hate to try it without.
View attachment 226520

superjunior

superjunior

Addicted to ArboristSite
Got a buddy of mine coming in later to help with the chipper painting project. Dude is actually pretty damn handy.. even though I like to bust his ass. Once we rip it apart, its gotta get done, so that should be a motivational aid. I got most of the decals off it already. Crud thug works sweet... saves a lot of labor. I would hate to try it without.
View attachment 226520

you stripping it down to bare metal or just a rough grind? keep the pics coming - love these projects :rock:

squad143

squad143

Tree Guy
Locked up a sweet job today, 2 70' white pines massacred by some nice pileated wood peckers! Over a house and hydro of course, and 2 dead red pines! Gonna go at em next week! 2 piddly pines tomorrow notch and drops, no clean up! March is looking good!:D So is Florida in 3 weeks!

We have a few up north as well. Usually they only go after trees with bugs in them, however I've seen them peck the heck out of the bottoms of "healthy" trees and then come back a year or two later and go to town. Don't know if their smart and injuring the tree, or just going after bugs that are at the base and then have moved their way up in a few years. Either way it is interesting to see. And your right, a $ maker too!

Would like to take the family to Florida one of these years, but hard to schedule in. May just have to bite the bullet and put everything else off. It would be hard not to take off once down there to look at equipment. Don't think the misses would be too pleased with me gone the whole trip look/buying tree equipment.:msp_smile:

squad143

squad143

Tree Guy
did a referral for a ####### ##### lady.... she was eyeballing me the whole day and coming out pointing at stuff..... i helped her best i could ( i ate it ).... but man thats annoying..... the job was removing deadwood from white birches.... sounds easy right? well the trees were 50 ft tall and they were over flower gardens on a fence line..... it sucked.... but at the end of the day she was happy and i got the check and got the #### out..... hope you all have a good day tmw....

Those jobs are like moving furniture for the wife. Usually charge them by the hour when I can.

Most importantly, customer is happy and you got paid.

treeclimber101

treeclimber101

UNCLE BUCK
Who in the hell made the big mess with the shed?

Some rummy with a cats paw , we chased his ass off with the quickness though , he was there tearing it down at 9am , and the first top that hit the ground he was on his bike cats paw in the basket and headed north at 23 knots LOL he showed back up at 4pm and was ready for round 2 , if its there in the morning standing I am putting pine # 3 right across the bow and there will be pic:msp_smile:s

tree md

tree md

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, we're supposed to get some weather as well.

I rode all over hell all day bidding work. 5 jobs in two towns. 3 of the trees are really large removals. Lot's of rigging and blocking. Perfect trees for getting some helmet cam vids... If I get the jobs.

Latest posts