whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a call at 9 am with a big hack split at the base (probably from uprooting) and fell into a big ash (uprooting it too) and tore off the side of another ash and went into the house. In both uprooted holes that would have been around 3 feet deep they were full to the top with dirty water.

We have had torrential rain here for 2 solid days.

Pulled the tree off the house with the old crane and will finishing loading the wood tomorrow and chip.

Regular customer so nobody else bids and I don't even have to bid.

Just hate it when that happens. :biggrinbounce2:

We had the old crane nearby on another job so we could get it there quick.

We'll start using the new one this week and sell the old one.

We got are 11th semiload of oak trees loaded got front yard side yard cleaned up from tornado that hit Monday afternoon,never seen oaks twist and get ripped up like that wow.Just got to load trunks on lowboy on Sunday.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

nice!

I went out with the crew yesterday, no bids to do, everybody is still in a tripofan coma!
Blasted a Norway maple over a pool, had to hand carry every piece out of the back yard to the front, no equipment would fit, SUCKED! So me and dad in law showed up for back up. Had to leave truck in yard, as we have to use the plywood road to get out, about 200yds! and we where wiped! A good day tho! then went to me geerage and sharpened chains till about 9pm. Missed Swamp Logger's, PO'ed about that, love that show!

Last edited:
nice!

I went out with the crew yesterday, no bids to do, everybody is still in a tripofan coma!
Blasted a Norway maple over a pool, had to hand carry every piece out of the back yard to the front, no equipment would fit, SUCKED! So me and dad in law showed up for back up. Had to leave truck in yard, as we have to use the plywood road to get out, about 200yds! and we where wiped! A good day tho! then went to me geerage and sharpened chains till about 9pm. Missed Swamp Logger's, PO'ed about that, love that show!

that's a good show but I am addicted to swamp people (born on the bayou)

that's some seriously disturbed people now :dizzy:

Sold 9 FC of firewood. Completley out of Oak now, only 7-8 face of mix left. Dont matter cuz Im hoppin a plane for Germany at 4:50. I hope I get to see some tree work over there.

Sold 9 FC of firewood. Completley out of Oak now, only 7-8 face of mix left. Dont matter cuz Im hoppin a plane for Germany at 4:50. I hope I get to see some tree work over there.

Sounds cool. What's the plan? you already have something set up?

I heard once that you need a permit to climb trees over there, and that they use the spider lifts a lot.. wondering if that's true?

Sounds cool. What's the plan? you already have something set up?

I heard once that you need a permit to climb trees over there, and that they use the spider lifts a lot.. wondering if that's true?

I wont be doing tree work , just wanna watch. I read an article in TCI mag back in 04' that said climbing is illeagal there because there lifts are so advanced and that they declared it to be so dangerous. If theres a tree that you cant get a lift to, some certified so an so has to come out and asses the sit, and determine if it needs to be climbed and then some 'certifed' climber can do it.

what the hell you going to germany for?

if you called dave back you coulda been in mass chasing that girl around.......lol.

I know a girl from there whose been buggin me to visit for years. By Dave do you mean slayer? We did a few jobs here but he knew I was goin. Last time he called he was in Virgina gettin a lil RnR. I hope hes got a lil somthin somthin when I get back, otherwise Im goin to Cali to visit some friends. I cant sit for another winter. Gota keep movin. And screw that broad in Boston.

attachment.php

I'm looking forward to another winter myself!

Just looking at this old pic makes me wanna run right out there and start brushing stuff off! :)

when i said dave i was talking about the hiring guy from marquis! i was next to him when he called you back. twice!

good to hear you getting over that b itch. still trying to mentally kill mine from my heart. first i thought of her in a while was right now typing this out. lol. doing good!

Latest posts

Back