whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks,,,,the heavy duty model (have to look #) w/ 7 1/2 blade and gonna add the wings (I thought til I heard what you said).

Is that plow a $5k plus CUCV? That was what I thought plows were. I plowed years ago but in this area conditions are not so demanding. I am still open on considerations til I pick it up at 8 am tomorrow. Lots of choices tho.

Personally I would not run less than an 8' plow. When you angle the plow with a 7.5' plow you run over alot of snow with the truck tires. From what I have read the non-powered wings are not bad.
I don't know the exact retail on my 8611 but I think its close to $10K. I remember seeing $7.5K for the blade retail without mounting or labor. We have two dealers in the area who sell Blizzard and sell tons of them so their prices are great. All said and done I think I ended up at $6.4K. I have run the Blizzard 810 for years and love it. I think they run $5K, the last one I got was $4.5K.

Personally I would not run less than an 8' plow. When you angle the plow with a 7.5' plow you run over alot of snow with the truck tires. From what I have read the non-powered wings are not bad.
I don't know the exact retail on my 8611 but I think its close to $10K. I remember seeing $7.5K for the blade retail without mounting or labor. We have two dealers in the area who sell Blizzard and sell tons of them so their prices are great. All said and done I think I ended up at $6.4K. I have run the Blizzard 810 for years and love it. I think they run $5K, the last one I got was $4.5K.

thanks for the info

treevet my neighbors got one it looks like a pretty good setup, we run all fishers but i agree with CUCV i wouldnt do anything any shorter then 8' 9 is pretty much ideal for driveways around here but we mostly plow dirt not tar so we want to go as wide as possible in the first pass i love the driveways you can just run one pass and bill plowing shoveling and roof raking are huge money maker for us, Sorry Jeffy you boys miss out on that

treevet my neighbors got one it looks like a pretty good setup, we run all fishers but i agree with CUCV i wouldnt do anything any shorter then 8' 9 is pretty much ideal for driveways around here but we mostly plow dirt not tar so we want to go as wide as possible in the first pass i love the driveways you can just run one pass and bill plowing shoveling and roof raking are huge money maker for us, Sorry Jeffy you boys miss out on that

what's the roof raking Damon?

Dern plowing must be lucrative in ya'll neck of the hoods lol:cheers:

We have good opportunities here if you do good quality work and have a way to separate yourself from the competition. Competitions is getting very tough and price is winning bids regardless of experience and references. I have one account that I have had for years. The property manager said i had the account as long as he was alive. Well these things happen and it is out to bid this year and many quotes are coming in at 1/3 of the price I have been charging all along. I know the account (its very quirky) and am not going to plow for $20 an hour and eat the cost of salt.

We have good opportunities here if you do good quality work and have a way to separate yourself from the competition. Competitions is getting very tough and price is winning bids regardless of experience and references. I have one account that I have had for years. The property manager said i had the account as long as he was alive. Well these things happen and it is out to bid this year and many quotes are coming in at 1/3 of the price I have been charging all along. I know the account (its very quirky) and am not going to plow for $20 an hour and eat the cost of salt.

I am glad we don't resort to plowing when not in trees. Must suck!
Jeff :D

Wow only 20 even if they bought the salt ole ropey would need to deliver a cord or two while plowing to feel loved:)

Thanks,,,,the heavy duty model (have to look #) w/ 7 1/2 blade and gonna add the wings (I thought til I heard what you said).

Is that plow a $5k plus CUCV? That was what I thought plows were. I plowed years ago but in this area conditions are not so demanding. I am still open on considerations til I pick it up at 8 am tomorrow. Lots of choices tho.

I picked up a snowdogg v plow late last winter-got tired of dumping money into a pos fisher for the last decade, especially since my plows do more traveling than actual working-i just do a couple driveways and like to have it on the job to bust down drifts or do some creative snow moving to get equipment placed. I drive right by a distributor daily so stopped in. The price tag is why i went with it. Quite a bit cheaper, and since it doesn't get worked hard, saw no reason to spend more. Have loved it so far, not a single problem.

Best headlights i've ever seen on a plow.

Wow only 20 even if they bought the salt ole ropey would need to deliver a cord or two while plowing to feel loved:)

I have the advantage (or disadvantage) of knowing all the hours and expenses for all the years I have done it. At first I could not figure out how the guys where bidding the job. Then it hit me, they bid it as if it was just doing residential driveways without salt or shoveling one pass at the end of the storm... but its a condo/professional office park.

I picked up a snowdogg v plow late last winter-got tired of dumping money into a pos fisher for the last decade, especially since my plows do more traveling than actual working-i just do a couple driveways and like to have it on the job to bust down drifts or do some creative snow moving to get equipment placed. I drive right by a distributor daily so stopped in. The price tag is why i went with it. Quite a bit cheaper, and since it doesn't get worked hard, saw no reason to spend more. Have loved it so far, not a single problem.

Best headlights i've ever seen on a plow.

Big help to hear you like the Buyers Snowdogg, beowulf. I might get the V too. I got some nice jobs lined up and expect to get my nborhood too. Got a huge convent on the line too.

I tried to say it nice but you couldn't get it. You're a hack, beaner. You let wood scrounges come on your jobsite and do your work. You run a half assed crew that fights and yells on the jobsite. Your lead man is a 25 year old punk who thinks fast cars and big trucks are the meaning in life. You hire guys as "sub contractors" so you can get around WC and payroll taxes. And you just got in a tree for the first time this year. You seriously remind me of my first boss. Same way he did ####, and he'll struggle the rest of his life to pay the bills, borrow from Peter to pay Paul, taking down payments on work so he can pay his garage bills. All the #### that kept him off the jobsite was stuff that any idiot can do. You think I don't meet with my accountant, my lawyer, prospective clients, contractors, work on my equipment, and all the things that go into running a business? Somehow I still manage to take down every tree we do. It's called using a phone and managing your time. I don't look for excuses to leave the jobsite like a lot of guys do. Now's the time you and TV chime in with the ol' "you run a small, two man operation and don't have the responsibilities that we do" , great, that's why I gave the example of my second boss. He runs ten times the show you do and was still there all the time.

BTW, I do find it quite amusing that my comment regarding you spending a bit more time on the jobsite got you more riled up than TV's accusation that you're a greedy mother ####er who wanted to fire his employees rather than pay unemployment. Perhaps mine hit a bit closer to home?
:laugh:
Greedy I am, what got me riled up is your ignorance. Sorry!

Last edited:
Back