whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OD, you are always a representative for the company and eyes are always on you... You are a great crane technician, on that there is no doubt. But bro, there is life beyond Marquis tree and I'll guarantee you you will learn that someday. Nothing wrong with a little team spirit but believe me, you will move on some day.

Learn from your elders and don't burn bridges...

treevet. jm wanted me to let you know he paid cash for that grapple and was wondering if you knew how much an acre of industrial was worth in this part of mass.

but in a different direction i do feel the need to once again say that i maaaay have said some more things in a manner in which does not reflect kindly upon your business and yet again i also know that much of it is unfounded. enjoy your time with your new crane.

i will do my best to not get you into your elmer fudd routine. but let me know when you want some help in the crane game and we can pop top and 1 cut a few trees till both our pockets are full of hard earned bueno.

101. while it maybe hard to repair anything of what we may have ever had respect wise towards each other i am going to maybe just try ignore you in the tree world. it'll be hard but i'll see what i can do.

you can come up for your free day of labor. thats cool. but if you want to go round we gotta do it in the street in front of the shop. they don't want that **** going down on company premises. send me your number and i'll forward it to dude and you 2 can hammer out the day you want to come up here. it'll be a good day.

treemandan. if you say that i am a monster than i must be. for you are one of the more ####ed up mutts on this site and for you to be pointing out obvious things i am not seeing then i must indeed reel it in some. you a f'n weirdo and if you saying i am a troll then i must be typing wrecklessly. fair nuff.

oh, and i wasn't lying.....

Merry Christmas Damon, My power pruner got a new KNG spark plug today as well... Even though I didn't get a chance to use it as much as I wanted to...

And a Merry Christmas to you as well!

The only advantage to not having an employee(well there are a bunch) is that when it comes time to divy up Christmas bonus money i look at who has worked the hardest that year in my company, it is very rarely me : ) this year my saws took the brunt of the abuse so they go the biggest share of the bonus, my ropes got used pretty hard as well so i have a new piece of 1/2" samson coming and a new hank of blaze, my truck did its share so it got new winter rubber and a much needed brake job, of course my wife works harder then anything else(Just ask her!) so she got some jewelry an ebook reader and clothes and what have you, and of course as the least valuable member of my team i got the dregs and used them to pay bills to keep working!

Last edited:
Oldirty got to say that stuff kicks butt bro. Yall got it working for ya for sure. Man that stuff costs though gotta keep it going , busy to make it turn a great profit but I can see it doing well in areas with enough work.

OD, nice pics... Good for you bro but don't get the idea that most of us on here who do our own thing haven't put our time in on a crane... It's the easiest type of tree work (although risky and worthy of respect).. Especially if you are not having to make payments on the crane or do the selling ahead of it... Most of the old timers have been there... But it is only one facet of the job bro. It gets a lot more complicated when you become a treeman and not just a climber...

Oldirty got to say that stuff kicks butt bro. Yall got it working for ya for sure. Man that stuff costs though gotta keep it going , busy to make it turn a great profit but I can see it doing well in areas with enough work.

Oh and your skills at it are top shelf too, can't do it that long without learning more than the occasional crane climber like myself:cheers: Your boss has a great motivated employee and with all your saying bennies paying good retirement etc. doesn't sound too bad:cheers:

Oh and your skills at it are top shelf too, can't do it that long without learning more than the occasional crane climber like myself:cheers: Your boss has a great motivated employee and with all your saying bennies paying good retirement etc. doesn't sound too bad:cheers:

Most important is how well you get along if your doing the employee deal. When the help is motivated and boss is happy all the way to grunt = great company not many out there like that!

Cool stuff Justin.. I'm impressed.

Wanted to see more of 'mandingo', or whatever that pic was.. thing looked huge from that tiny little pic!

Oh, I just got that (must be half asleep), nevermind! lol!

Last edited:
Nice shots, OD. Sick balance on the lead. This is a real sweet pic though.

attachment.php

Back