whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually made this site a short stop by anymore because of him , he has made me hate even seeing his avatar and any post by him I just scroll past ... I think this forum took a real dump when he came and has consistently gone down and down everytime he puts something else up , so congrats AA you have managed to wreck something fun for me and judging by post counts I am not the only one ...

Yes, I feel exactly the same way, but you're being way too much of a ##### about it! just saying bro!

Stay strong! :laugh:

It's 9:18 on Monday morning and I've already been burned for almost $400... great way to start the week. Oh well, revenge will be mine.

Huh, your week started about as good as mine. Third pick this morning, snapped a brand spanking new chain on a load that was several tons under its rating. The second chain held it but was ruined in the process. Out over $1500. There will be some phone calls made tomorrow morning.:angry:

Scored a above average shape 041 today, virtually free. Cost me about 6 face cord of wood, I was gonna give it away, silly me.

Pics soon.

God bless you all that lost money today, I feel for you. You're all professionals and I'm more than confident it will turn for you guys.

Jeff

Sold a pretty good one today. Three good sized removals for two neighbors. They are splitting the cost. A good day of climbing... And it's hot as hell here now.

Oh, and got some bills paid... I'm paid through Oct. on pretty much everything so I could be doing worse I guess.

Friday I installed my 5k engine on my 352 and I can't get the auto sweep to work properly , so I removed the fuse til I figure it out ....I know that I am just buying a few thousand hrs. maybe out of a new engine but I also didn't want another 700.00 payment on a new machine ...

I have actually made this site a short stop by anymore because of him , he has made me hate even seeing his avatar and any post by him I just scroll past ... I think this forum took a real dump when he came and has consistently gone down and down everytime he puts something else up , so congrats AA you have managed to wreck something fun for me and judging by post counts I am not the only one ...

Yeah..............& this is the type of contractor I have to compete with, I use to get a little upset when people mentioned regulation, licenses, Certs, etc... Now Im starting to think it should be required!!!!

Storm came through this weekend & now Im overfull in the work dept. Funny.... the state, municipalities & insurance entities didnt ask me if I was an Angies List super contractor for the storm cleanup, LOL...... wonder why? oh it must be they`re more concerned about proper insurance, Credentials, bonds, proper equipment, registered SAP vendor, etc.... Oh well I`ll take it for now....then it`ll be back to bidding against "Bubbas" & being outbid by $20.00............ ya just gotta laugh or it`ll eat ya up!

Be safe & be healthy!!

LXT.......................

Scored a above average shape 041 today, virtually free. Cost me about 6 face cord of wood, I was gonna give it away, silly me.

Pics soon.

God bless you all that lost money today, I feel for you. You're all professionals and I'm more than confident it will turn for you guys.

Jeff

Way to go,Jeff
A face cord (indian cord) is half a cord here. A full cord here is 4x4x8. Euc or oak here would be around 400 per cord.
Jeff :msp_smile:

Yeah..............& this is the type of contractor I have to compete with, I use to get a little upset when people mentioned regulation, licenses, Certs, etc... Now Im starting to think it should be required!!!!

Storm came through this weekend & now Im overfull in the work dept. Funny.... the state, municipalities & insurance entities didnt ask me if I was an Angies List super contractor for the storm cleanup, LOL...... wonder why? oh it must be they`re more concerned about proper insurance, Credentials, bonds, proper equipment, registered SAP vendor, etc.... Oh well I`ll take it for now....then it`ll be back to bidding against "Bubbas" & being outbid by $20.00............ ya just gotta laugh or it`ll eat ya up!

Be safe & be healthy!!

Can't rep
gotta spread it around.
Maybe give AA some for spicing the site up (not).
Hang in there, you will be all right.
Jeff :rock:

Be safe & be healthy!!

Actaully I am really baffled by you in reguard to AA, I am surprised that you allowed him to dig in like a crab and take anything from you in that area , I would do a day a week for free just to break him in right , if he wants to work like a fool for free for a review than he would have to REALLY WORK FOR FREE to compete with what I would bid ...And anyways ANGIES LIST must not be that great since I receive daily emails from them to join ... I mean if it was all that then the real good contractors would pay dollar for membership and they wouldn't whore themselves out ...

Huh, your week started about as good as mine. Third pick this morning, snapped a brand spanking new chain on a load that was several tons under its rating. The second chain held it but was ruined in the process. Out over $1500. There will be some phone calls made tomorrow morning.:angry:

What were you lifting with chains? What kind of chain? I used therm a bunch in fl but haven't seen them much up this way.

Can't rep
gotta spread it around.
Maybe give AA some for spicing the site up (not).
Hang in there, you will be all right.
Jeff :rock:

I hope so Jeff.........its just dis-heartening, you pay your dues, put in many years of training, teaching, learning (still learning), etc.. & you just see so many jump into this biz with the lets "mortar" it up cup of knowledge that disgraces us.......oh well, guess when the customer with the mortar in their tree calls me???........yep, one more customer to try to educate in the right & wrongs of tree care!

whats sad is he is one of several tree care companies that just dont know in my area!!!!!! these are all guys that would bid on a redwood removal with a 1 ton dump, whisper chipper & a wildthing chainsaw for $200.00 & then come on here & post about it!!

LXT.....................

I hope so Jeff.........its just dis-heartening, you pay your dues, put in many years of training, teaching, learning (still learning), etc.. & you just see so many jump into this biz with the lets "mortar" it up cup of knowledge that disgraces us.......oh well, guess when the customer with the mortar in their tree calls me???........yep, one more customer to try to educate in the right & wrongs of tree care!

whats sad is he is one of several tree care companies that just dont know in my area!!!!!! these are all guys that would bid on a redwood removal with a 1 ton dump, whisper chipper & a wildthing chainsaw for $200.00 & then come on here & post about it!!

LXT.....................

And #### floats so I am sure that they will thrive until they OD fall or go back to the pen , or lately be rehired ....

Actaully I am really baffled by you in reguard to AA, I am surprised that you allowed him to dig in like a crab and take anything from you in that area , I would do a day a week for free just to break him in right , if he wants to work like a fool for free for a review than he would have to REALLY WORK FOR FREE to compete with what I would bid ...And anyways ANGIES LIST must not be that great since I receive daily emails from them to join ... I mean if it was all that then the real good contractors would pay dollar for membership and they wouldn't whore themselves out ...

Not so much what he`s taking, its what he`s selling!!! I mean hell if I tell the home owner the tree should be removed for $1000.00 & someone comes in after me & sells them on packing that whore with mortar for $150.00.....well I lost that job & not that they`re a customer I would want anyway!!!

I just keep my pricing where its at & stay pro about it, Im in his area from time to time........but its the customers that want their trees done right & done by someone with a Rep & credentials, you`re right about the A-list...I get requests from them all the time & I just ignore it......! there are alot of similar tree companies to AA`s........hell to put em all under id starve, what one of em doesnt get the other will......I just focus on the higher end clientele......just hope it works (so far so good).

LXT...................

LXT.....................

I know man, but I think you know too.
It all works itself out. You gotta hang and dig and promote. You do not want the customer's the hacks are getting. They will call you later. I know you hate the 'cert; thing. If you go for it it seperates you from them and then you can put that in a client's face. They can chose to go with a hack or the cert guy that will always be there for them and their friends. It really does work out in the end,you will see.
Jeff :smile2:

I hear ya Jeff.....already got my Certs, actually had them for awhile & thats what in some cases can be even more dis-heartening.......I go become a CA along with other certs Ive had & now I gotta compete with the likes of....well you know!! its going ok as of lately though, just changed my focus......I like it better to tell ya the truth, Im not getting as many jobs, but....the jobs I get are higher end & I make more for less time....so not to bad.

ya see I was swimming in the same pond that the sewage starting coming into.......F that....I got outta there & went over to the gated pool section.....lot better over here...LOL

LXT................

chain use

What were you lifting with chains? What kind of chain? I used therm a bunch in fl but haven't seen them much up this way.
always surprised how popular chain use is on mainland europe and england. use of wire chokers is almost non-existant,where they have been very prevalent here for ages. use of nylon roundslings and flat nylons is taking over. all chain sling use overseas is alloy grade 80 and they were instrumental in developing grade 100. thanks tom

Sassafras

196230d1314064844-img_6343-jpg

Wow! That's a BIG Sassafras!

What did you do to it?

Removal for sister in law. We started splitting it up for the hog roast this saturday. Never had hog smoked over Sassafras so it should be interesting. Termites had started coring out the trunk which wasn't quite 3 feet dia. yet. Had to remove Gray Squirrel nest with 3 youngins, all safe and happily relocated.

Back