whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been trying to bring my buddy into the light for years now...sigh. Oh well, more Sihl saws for me! He did by a new Jonsered 2188. Nice saw!

I hate to even bring it up but after all the BS that hack posted on here i really want to know what the Asinine Aerialist has to say about "mortaring" a tree. We can only hope that the tree warden has been fining him heavily for injuring that city tree.

I hate to even bring it up but after all the BS that hack posted on here i really want to know what the Asinine Aerialist has to say about "mortaring" a tree. We can only hope that the tree warden has been fining him heavily for injuring that city tree.

Me too but I doubt we'll get an answer. Every time he gets called out on a specific failure he goes into hiding for a bit and comes back acting oblivious to the situation like it never happened.

Me too but I doubt we'll get an answer. Every time he gets called out on a specific failure he goes into hiding for a bit and comes back acting oblivious to the situation like it never happened.

i just hope i never have to cut that tree down if i had a dollar for every time ive hit concrete in the trunk of a tree. around here so many old street trees are full of concrete. If i didnt have a skid loader i woulda been screwed many times. i would have no idea what to do with it other than burn it.

I had a rather large job yesterday that I bid and figured for one long day. However my trim climber spent a three day weekend in Michigan camping (left Friday). They had car trouble and couldnt get back. HO has been waiting for me since the end of June and I wasnt going to make her wait any longer so I hit it with my greenhorn who I dont even let use a saw yet, and has never roped. Any way we obviously didnt finish, and went back today. We knew the rain was coming and I was hoping we would beat it, but we didnt. I wasnt about to comeback a third time for one lousy 60ft Locust trim so I climbed it in a down pour, and lightning. At first I was scared, and almost came down. Then I thought for a minute, Im not married, I dont have any kids, and nobody likes me. So I finished the tree. Unfortunately, Im still here. Maybe next time.

I had a rather large job yesterday that I bid and figured for one long day. However my trim climber spent a three day weekend in Michigan camping (left Friday). They had car trouble and couldnt get back. HO has been waiting for me since the end of June and I wasnt going to make her wait any longer so I hit it with my greenhorn who I dont even let use a saw yet, and has never roped. Any way we obviously didnt finish, and went back today. We knew the rain was coming and I was hoping we would beat it, but we didnt. I wasnt about to comeback a third time for one lousy 60ft Locust trim so I climbed it in a down pour, and lightning. At first I was scared, and almost came down. Then I thought for a minute, Im not married, I dont have any kids, and nobody likes me. So I finished the tree. Unfortunately, Im still here. Maybe next time.

So it sounds like u actually went for the "we had car trouble" thing lol. Oh..I am sure its true....lol. Just funny.Like no employees ever seem to have car trouble when there some place that sucks. But **** does happen. As far as the rest of ur post, all i can say is...well, I am still getting a chuckle out of it. I should be thanking u cuz anyone who can make me literally L O L before 7am is cool in my book.

Placed an order for sherrill edge harness and some other gear, now I'm just waiting for it. Hopefully it'll be here by or on Saturday.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

What were you lifting with chains? What kind of chain? I used therm a bunch in fl but haven't seen them much up this way.

Sugar Maple.
Custom chains built to my specs, and let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of having to argue the pros and cons of my chains, arguing the aspects of my chains that i have added over the years to make the specific job they are built for easier, and oddly enough, arguing a part of my chains that is proprietary to my family (my old man holds the patent), a part that was actually thought up by my grandpa based on an old skidding device and has passed every safety test and osha inspection it has gone through over the last decade, but because it replaces a common component on chain slings with a technology that while is modified is still old school, i still get crap about it from the uninformed, and i'm not in the mood to argue about it. No offense meant, i've just learned to keep my mouth shut over the years after learning that if people don't understand something, they are quick to put it down.

Anyway, for several years now, i've been ordering my chains built by a very reputable and well established company that deals in not much other than slings. I managed to get ahold of them that night with my problem and they flew me out yesterday to their main testing facility with the three other chains i ordered at the same time. All three failed. After investigating, it was found a lesser grade part was used to fulfill my specs, and while everything was tested separately, the final product was never tested to its specifications. I was pissed, and not really sure what direction to go in now. My boss is trying to talk me into suing, not sure if i want to do that, but some people should be fired i think, especially since they are not following osha guidlines on testing.
Did learn a good lesson though, even brand new stuff will now get put through it's paces by me before everyday usage.

Edit: Lol, i can't believe you guys finally got AA to shut up-well done!

Last edited:
Sugar Maple.
Custom chains built to my specs, and let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of having to argue the pros and cons of my chains, arguing the aspects of my chains that i have added over the years to make the specific job they are built for easier, and oddly enough, arguing a part of my chains that is proprietary to my family (my old man holds the patent), a part that was actually thought up by my grandpa based on an old skidding device and has passed every safety test and osha inspection it has gone through over the last decade, but because it replaces a common component on chain slings with a technology that while is modified is still old school, i still get crap about it from the uninformed, and i'm not in the mood to argue about it. No offense meant, i've just learned to keep my mouth shut over the years after learning that if people don't understand something, they are quick to put it down.

Anyway, for several years now, i've been ordering my chains built by a very reputable and well established company that deals in not much other than slings. I managed to get ahold of them that night with my problem and they flew me out yesterday to their main testing facility with the three other chains i ordered at the same time. All three failed. After investigating, it was found a lesser grade part was used to fulfill my specs, and while everything was tested separately, the final product was never tested to its specifications. I was pissed, and not really sure what direction to go in now. My boss is trying to talk me into suing, not sure if i want to do that, but some people should be fired i think, especially since they are not following osha guidlines on testing.
Did learn a good lesson though, even brand new stuff will now get put through it's paces by me before everyday usage.

Edit: Lol, i can't believe you guys finally got AA to shut up-well done!

I am not fishing for an argument, I was asking. I used chains a lot in Florida, not much on trees mostly on steel. Do you have any pictures of your set up? Sorry if this is an old topic but I am new here.

Funny finally got that jack wagon arsine aerialist to shut up, but know we want to here him justify his mortaring job....

I am not fishing for an argument, but know we want to here [sic] him justify his mortaring job....

That would be "hear" not "here" MT, but for your entertainment and gratification, I have started a separate thread to keep what is sure to be the hate out of this thread concerning the mortar job I recently did. One of my better jobs I must say. Go there if you want to clear your bowls about my practices and procedures.

Why yes I can ~ I always have ...

Lol! This is the most quiet AA has been in a while! Open mouth, insert gay old foot! Hahaha....

Angie's list baby! 20 cheap, dumbass homeowners can't be wrong!! ..especially if they got payed off with extra cheap (albeit inferior) work! They would've probaby said anything just to be done with that freakshow, by the time it was all over with!... I don't think pensi requires an arborist cert (not sure though). I know they don't have the arborist law, like mass and ct.

So maybe this old freak can do whatever he wants.. can this be possible?? :msp_scared:

I'll post the homeowner's review of my work in the thread I started.

I'll post the homeowner's review of my work in the thread I started.

Yeah, "homeowner's review", being the key words there!

I think probably all of us in the business get well meaning (usually elderly) customers asking about putting bricks and mortar in hollows from time to time. It's our job to inform them that that's just not the way it's done anymore - not to be equally as ignorant!

Why don't you try and actually pick up a book once in a while... seems to me nobody around here is even remotely interested in helping you figure anything out.. just saying.

grammer

That would be "hear" not "here" MT, but for your entertainment and gratification, I have started a separate thread to keep what is sure to be the hate out of this thread concerning the mortar job I recently did. One of my better jobs I must say. Go there if you want to clear your bowls about my practices and procedures.
if your so concerned about grammer, bowels is not spelled bowls. don't throw rocks when your in the glass outhouse.

if your so concerned about grammer, bowels is not spelled bowls. don't throw rocks when your in the glass outhouse.

"grammar" Sorry, dbl, you cool in my book, just couldn't let that slide. lol Eyem shure theirs plentie in my possts to. lol

True, the Nobody's here aren't interested in helping anybody .. UR1.

Yeah, ... seems to me nobody around here is even remotely interested in helping you figure anything out...

Well treeMDS there are two helpful responses in the thread I started.

It is true that there is a certain element here that are not interested in anything but trying to elevate themselves by argument, usually in a most hateful way. I seem to be a target for the haters but you spew your vitriol quite liberally amonst each other as well, so I don't let it bother me. I have risen above the bullskat you all like to fling about.

Latest posts

Back