whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reply from magoo

It's backed up by a 30Kn steel locking carabiner linked through a steel plate under the ball.
that must be why its moving back and forth as the wonder machine is hauling that wheelbarrow of sticks, o i forgot there was a monster round in the front teaspoon. watch what you say aa your outclassed by everyone on this forum.

Gecko's are boxed and ready to be shipped back. Sherrill was very good about the return. They will match these up against some other pairs in stock and see if mine is just a singular goof. Either case, my money's still mine and I'll either get a correct pair of Gecko's or I'll upgrade to the carbon fiber ones.

Ha, I told ya Blake's, it was an honest mistake. You should hit them up for something in their 'Basement', Dang good dealios! I could send a link.
Jeff

Did a few dinky jobs this am. Changed one ton's rear brakes and just finished adjusting my Geckos. Despite wanting to laugh at the chicken legged old ####er the upper straps on these are in fact WAY too long. Don't know if it's a change in design as I never noticed that on the previous pair I used. Either they are expecting everyone to climb in those tall boots or they're made for 5 foot tall 200 pound dudes.

Oh my my I guess ya need to grow a couple feet blakes 3 feet tall and 100 lbs oh my lol:cheers:

But most of you don't get it and that's just your loss. I've found that when needing to get major wood out without any turf damage the eight wheel Steiner can't be beat. Here is a video of my wife driving the tractor and cart across a quarter mile of backyards to a loading point for the dump truck. You guys going to lay down that much plywood for your skid steers?

[video=youtube;gkdze25oxU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkdze25oxU8[/video]

My customers love it and it sells jobs.

Your wife has a really friendly smile ... I think its cool that she would be into helping out with the work thats pretty cool ....

gee ya caught me there.... i only have an LLC, carry insurance, hold an account with the occupational health clinic down the road, train my employee's and pay for them to have qualified and certified training and have two first responders on the payroll for my own amusement....

furthermore, if you were to have been standing there when i talked to him, i doubt you would have handled it any different.

lastly i have fired a few people that costantly screw stuff up and they turn around and poin the finger at me....... are you sure you havent worked for me be for?

You can't have any employee pay for damages to any property unless he knew under some kind of contract that he would be held directly liable and as far as giving him time off for that, again thin ice anymore you should have made a clean break and canned his ass flat out I would of ....

Dear Diary......Just finished 2 solid weeks of studying the ISA Cert Hazard Risk Tree Assessor study material every night for couple three hours after work (got the material later than anyone else), then yesterday and today full day seminar followed by 2 1/2 hour test. Pretty confident I passed but guy I finished at same time with said in the hall, no way he passed and this was the hardest test he'd ever taken. Really good learning experience and great group of professional guys (20) and great personable instructor. Few hours out in Ky. cemetary rating risk on some of the gnarly trees they had there in pouring rain, heavy winds and general uncomfortable conditions. Cemetaries never have any bucks for tree care. All in all great experience, little costly but worth it and didn't really miss any work as it rained like hell both days. Big td lined up for tomorrow up rooted and stuck in another tree, completely encased in PI but leaves fell off last week and it cold enough to cover up real good. Prob get a little on face is all I hope.

Good you went, you learned more and stayed safe from lions,tigers and bears:)

Last edited:
Gonna have to give you write up slip lol GO big O:)

I love that damn truck I don't care how old it is and how rusty she's starting to get with that new engine it I am a happy camper , I looked at a 2003 Kodiak the other day and wanted to go newer but I got that thought right outta my mind when I realized its almost Nov.:hmm3grin2orange: and slow times are right around the corner ...

I love that damn truck I don't care how old it is and how rusty she's starting to get with that new engine it I am a happy camper , I looked at a 2003 Kodiak the other day and wanted to go newer but I got that thought right outta my mind when I realized its almost Nov.:hmm3grin2orange: and slow times are right around the corner ...
Old lol I used one of those brand new in 94 lol you keep givin me flashbacks :monkey: I really loved the write up slips but not for what you might think lol:cheers:

Old lol I used one of those brand new in 94 lol you keep givin me flashbacks :monkey: I really loved the write up slips but not for what you might think lol:cheers:

Mine is a 98 a full decade old , I bought it in 03' fresh off the line crew still had fresh sawdust in the door jambs , I have put 3 sets of tires new on it since and 2 clutches I mean it only had 29K on it it was just broke in ....

Your wife has a really friendly smile ... I think its cool that she would be into helping out with the work thats pretty cool ....

Gotta love thy spouse. Mines a school teacher and on her first day of summer vacation this past summer I didn't have a helper and she volunteered. Just her and I filled 3 full chip loads in 6 hours. Needless to say she didn't help much but we enjoyed working together and she never complained. Was better on the eyes than my regular helpers! Started bringing my 12 year old daughter on some jobs in august and she worked circles around my 16 year old regular. I didn't have to say a word, she could see what needed to be done on the ground and would just do it, can't wait till next summer! But didn't really have her put.brush in Chippers, she just.drag up to it. How old would you trust your daughter to be a brush Chipper? She.really enjoys it and I pay her like everybody else but want her safe. The Chippers shows no mercy, Hell this industry shows no mercy which is why I love it!

Gotta love thy spouse. Mines a school teacher and on her first day of summer vacation this past summer I didn't have a helper and she volunteered. Just her and I filled 3 full chip loads in 6 hours. Needless to say she didn't help much
Meant to say she did not help much after that, I was in the bucket cutting most of the.time, she was a real trooper

i guess i should put for the reccord, i didn't take it out of his pay, i did threaten it a bunch, i was PO'ed and still am. loosing his job was payment enough. i guess my whole point in it was to make him realize the severity of what happened... since last year he has been after me to give him more responsability and aside from some minor things he hadnt prooved to me why he couldnt hold his own. so we were about finished with a 20,000BF job a few miles down the road, and in an effort to let him show he could handle it and knock out a small job for a good customer i let him at it. he had been there when i quoted the job so he knew what it entailed and i felt comfortable with it. what got me fired up is the fact that since it happened he blew it off as no big deal, he didnt even bother to call it in when it happened, my truck driver did. he was given all the proper tools for the job and didn't even bother using them. taking an extra five minutes to get the wedges out of the truck was too much to ask. heck i wouldnt have even cared if he would have even had the driver push the tree with the loader. but instead he went all cowboy on it and didnt even seem to care. i dont want some one on my crew that could care less about avoidable damages.

the whole thing as to why grabbed him up by the collar is that he came storming into my office when i asked to see him and argued for 45 minutes about it and then proceeded to tell me the only reason i cared about loosing money is because of my "****ing gold digging b**ch of a wife" (who does our book work, and was in the other room at the time, and the same person that always bought christmas and birthday gifts for his daughter) at that point it wasnt business, it was personal.

maybe i am outa line, i dunno.... but too many lines were crossed

i guess i should put for the reccord, i didn't take it out of his pay, i did threaten it a bunch, i was PO'ed and still am. loosing his job was payment enough. i guess my whole point in it was to make him realize the severity of what happened... since last year he has been after me to give him more responsability and aside from some minor things he hadnt prooved to me why he couldnt hold his own. so we were about finished with a 20,000BF job a few miles down the road, and in an effort to let him show he could handle it and knock out a small job for a good customer i let him at it. he had been there when i quoted the job so he knew what it entailed and i felt comfortable with it. what got me fired up is the fact that since it happened he blew it off as no big deal, he didnt even bother to call it in when it happened, my truck driver did. he was given all the proper tools for the job and didn't even bother using them. taking an extra five minutes to get the wedges out of the truck was too much to ask. heck i wouldnt have even cared if he would have even had the driver push the tree with the loader. but instead he went all cowboy on it and didnt even seem to care. i dont want some one on my crew that could care less about avoidable damages.

the whole thing as to why grabbed him up by the collar is that he came storming into my office when i asked to see him and argued for 45 minutes about it and then proceeded to tell me the only reason i cared about loosing money is because of my "****ing gold digging b**ch of a wife" (who does our book work, and was in the other room at the time, and the same person that always bought christmas and birthday gifts for his daughter) at that point it wasnt business, it was personal.

Well I might of bloodied a lip but really man a rope goes in anything than can do damage to home, its always been a rule of mine. Wedges sometimes work but a rope with a good pull ices the cake. I have seen wedges fail on leaners. One shot with the big shot set rope only takes me five minutes and will save a claim imo.

Wedge and rope don't matter with that cut, likely same result, that cut was pure bullspit.

Last edited:

ya that is a terrible cut something that you would see in a one of the threads of guys making fun of homeowners doing crazy stuff. someone hew has been doing it for six years should know how to make a basic facecut and how to leave holding wood. from the pictures it looks like he cut through the side of the hinge. witch im guessing it wasnt going and he just didnt stop.

thats the only thing that scares me about hiring employees so far ive cut everything and no one will take care of your company like you because its your name on the line.

ya that is a terrible cut something that you would see in a one of the threads of guys making fun of homeowners doing crazy stuff. someone hew has been doing it for six years should know how to make a basic facecut and how to leave holding wood. from the pictures it looks like he cut through the side of the hinge. witch im guessing it wasnt going and he just didnt stop.

thats the only thing that scares me about hiring employees so far ive cut everything and no one will take care of your company like you because its your name on the line.

I don't fully agree with that , I have allowed experienced guys to run anything that I own , and knock on wood any accidents that we've had have been from what I can see "typical" meaning it could happen to anyone any day of the week , with that being said I won't allow laziness and from what I can see this whole tree deal was pure laziness from start to finish , now that I won't tolerate ..

Thank you for the kind words treeclimber ...

My wife is definitely the "better half", having her on the job makes it more fun for everyone. She's a hard worker too, I often tell the crew that all they have to do is outwork a 50 yr old woman.

942064791_4000bc723f_z.jpg

Back