whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My office view yesterday. COLD!!! wind was blowing nicely up the "vista" we are cutting out.

My office view yesterday. COLD!!! wind was blowing nicely up the "vista" we are cutting out.

You can have that ####! Lol, got a couple of jobs right on the waterfront, on the lake here in town myself.. bet yer ass I'm waiting for the warm up! I freely admit being a major ##### when it comes to that action..

Well hard to judge ground relationship in the dark but even in daylight its easy to mess up. What appears 90º straight down could be 60º not so straight down and you could end up miles off. I did it a few times but rather leave it to the experienced guys... The key is to make sure you are looking straight down ...

My first thousand jumps were on ParaComanders which are essentially round parachutes with little forward speed, and therefore the "spot" was far more critical than it is today. With Ram Air 'chutes' high speed you can make up for a lot of error. Nowadays the "spot" is usually just upwind somewhere and then you fly the 'chute to where you want to go.

You can have that ####! Lol, got a couple of jobs right on the waterfront, on the lake here in town myself.. bet yer ass I'm waiting for the warm up! I freely admit being a major ##### when it comes to that action..

....where along the shore? Need any groundsman?? LOL!

sgreenbean, i feel ya. Was trimming a pine yesterday with the lift and it was a cold wind in the morning.

by the way, what lake is that in the foreground? looks like panorama.

Hired a fellow Marine today ...

JohnBoy didn't show today so I was left short handed for a cut-it-up job. A big old Oak had blown down and the job was to cut it up and pile the brush. All the wood stayed, piece of cake. I did have to climb three trees to get out branches the Oak had broken on it's drop, trivial stuff.

Karl, my main ground guy, came up with a neighbor who wanted to work. I was in a bind to find somebody at such short notice so I told Karl to bring him along. Turns out the guy, Matt (no relation to Matt Frasier), was a black dude and a former Marine. The guy worked his arse off and was literally running to get the brush piles ready for the tractor to pull out.

From the get-go Matt addressed me as "Sir" and while I liked that, it didn't take long for me to tell him to knock it off. I told him if he kept calling me "Sir" I was going to expect him to salute. Matt explained that his Father had always told him to respect elders and if someone was older than him he naturally called them "Sir".

At the end of the day we were all in my living room with Debi serving refreshments to a tired crew. When I paid Matt he said "thank you Sir" and saluted. It cracked us all up. I put Matt on my speed dial and told him he'd be working as much as he wanted.

I've had so much trouble finding good help that I wonder if I have died and gone to Heaven. This new guy Matt seems like a keeper. JohnBoy is going to have trouble coming back.

Last edited:
That's nothing! I cut my #### off, grabbed a 4 foot oak log, stapled it on, snorted 3 mescal werms up my nose and had 16 kids.

Really Jeff, " way too wide open to stitch" means " you need stitches". They can pretty much sew anything back together... unless it went through the chipper. Then yer gonna need a donor.

I would say MD got enough of that rot gut down by now to sew hisself. Me? I am working on taking a utility blade to the zit on my nuts. I think its another wood chip like last time. I'm using rum.

You and the Captain( Morgan) can make it happen....

Worked on my wood pile yesturday that I will be selling this coming year.

attachment.php

Did a little dental work on my chipper today. Welded on new teeth onto the feed rollers.

attachment.php

JohnBoy didn't show today so I was left short handed for a cut-it-up job. A big old Oak had blown down and the job was to cut it up and pile the brush. All the wood stayed, piece of cake. I did have to climb three trees to get out branches the Oak had broken on it's drop, trivial stuff.

Karl, my main ground guy, came up with a neighbor who wanted to work. I was in a bind to find somebody at such short notice so I told Karl to bring him along. Turns out the guy, Matt (no relation to Matt Frasier), was a black dude and a former Marine. The guy worked his arse off and was literally running to get the brush piles ready for the tractor to pull out.

From the get-go Matt addressed me as "Sir" and while I liked that, it didn't take long for me to tell him to knock it off. I told him if he kept calling me "Sir" I was going to expect him to salute. Matt explained that his Father had always told him to respect elders and if someone was older than him he naturally called them "Sir".

At the end of the day we were all in my living room with Debi serving refreshments to a tired crew. When I paid Matt he said "thank you Sir" and saluted. It cracked us all up. I put Matt on my speed dial and told him he'd be working as much as he wanted.

I've had so much trouble finding good help that I wonder if I have died and gone to Heaven. This new guy Matt seems like a keeper. JohnBoy is going to have trouble coming back.

For all of you reading this, he is not a Marine, but a impostor, any Jarhead in the area should go and beat his a s s. He refuses to post simple proof that he was even on a base. He claims he went to Montford Point, that was for black marines in WW2. He cannot produce a DD214. Any active duty military can go to their local court house where they joined and get a copy, REAL EASY TO DO. yet he don't, so he is a faker, a impostor and genuinely a P.O.S.

Put up or shut up...

... He claims he went to Montford Point, that was for black marines in WW2...

OK beans, post a link to where I claimed that and I will dig out my honorable discharge. You are the one that seems to take outrage at my being a Marine so why don't you and Bubba get on a plane and fly to Pittsburgh to address the issues you have with me directly. I'll pick you up at the airport. I still have Homeland Security credentials and can park right in front of the passenger terminal, even meet you at the gate.

Wasn't it you with all the "point of the spear" contacts to check me out? Well how about doing that? I'm on record with an honorable discharge at the rank of Lance Corporal, anybody who wants to could find that out. Even the butt end of the "spear" could find that out pretty easily.

Back