whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
few more

View attachment 227667View attachment 227668View attachment 227669View attachment 227670View attachment 227671
I had myself and one of my other guys climbing, tied into 2 different trees. The owner just moved in a month ago, this was an insurance job. Owner wants us to come back and take out everything along the side of the house, and 2 big Ash trees in the backyard! Plus another guy was driving by, saw all my trucks, was watching us for a bit, then asked us to remove 2 big arse Ash trees in his front yard! Great start to March!

Last edited:
Nice. How high is that chip box now and what's the length?

thanks. it's 14 ft at the longest part before it jogs up the tool box and just a little over 10 ft tall. Now I just realized I have to fab the gate up higher..

I worked from yesterday at 1500 until around 0900 this morning, helping my wife give birth to our first child (Joseph Allen Courtier). We did a natural birth (planned on not doing a spinal block, but were planning on doing a narcotic pain killer). Basically, the times weren't right to get in a dose of pain meds once the labor set in. So, we went natural! Joseph was born at 0527 this morning, at 7lbs 3oz and 19 1/4" long. The delivery was picture perfect, and everyone is recovering great! He came ~1.5 weeks early, but was definitely ready to enter the world!

This seriously made me consider my practices in this job field. I am already extremely safe, but really puts things into perspective now that I not only have to provide for my wife, but also for a child. Really making me put even more thought than normal into being methodical and doing things with an even more serious demeaner. I have always taken pride in our judgement thus far, and have yet to get hurt, hurt anyone else, or damage anything. But, gives me even more reason to prevent mistakes!

Pic will be posted when I can pry my wife's computer outta her hands. She is really bored right now. :p

~Will Courtier~

I worked from yesterday at 1500 until around 0900 this morning, helping my wife give birth to our first child (Joseph Allen Courtier). We did a natural birth (planned on not doing a spinal block, but were planning on doing a narcotic pain killer). Basically, the times weren't right to get in a dose of pain meds once the labor set in. So, we went natural! Joseph was born at 0527 this morning, at 7lbs 3oz and 19 1/4" long. The delivery was picture perfect, and everyone is recovering great! He came ~1.5 weeks early, but was definitely ready to enter the world!

This seriously made me consider my practices in this job field. I am already extremely safe, but really puts things into perspective now that I not only have to provide for my wife, but also for a child. Really making me put even more thought than normal into being methodical and doing things with an even more serious demeaner. I have always taken pride in our judgement thus far, and have yet to get hurt, hurt anyone else, or damage anything. But, gives me even more reason to prevent mistakes!

Pic will be posted when I can pry my wife's computer outta her hands. She is really bored right now. :p

~Will Courtier~

Congratulations to you and the mrs. and welcome to the world Joseph Allen Coutier !!!

~Will Courtier~

Congratulations, yes top responsibility always makes a good man think but I'm sure your gonna do fine. Fear is a good thing in moderation, makes one wise ! :cheers:

Here's a pic of my son, Joseph Allen Courtier!

420357_10150620205473759_656483758_9392546_2107423792_n.jpg

~Will Courtier~

Nothing like unloading and spliting a pickup load and stacking it in 34 degree weather

It just makes your faucet run whoops I mean nose :)

fantastic!

Congrats BigWill!

Give my respect to your wife! She sounds tougher than all of us put together!

Sold my stump grinder today. Got the bare steal primered up on the chip truck and its going in the morning to get a brake job, beefier springs installed in the rear and some other little odds and ends fixed. From there its going in for new paint and lettering. Then a couple estimates to do, lady wants a bunch of trees topped to get more light to her pool. Gonna have to talk her into a light crown reduction or removal, she says she doesn't want to lose the privacy but trees are blocking the sun to pool. Sounds like a complete removal and new planting to me :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back