whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using a bottle jack works, but the floor jack has a much larger top plate so it doesn't just sink into the wood. Also you don't have to cut as big a slot in the tree to insert it, mine is a low profile aluminum "racing" jack, so it's actually quite light to carry around.

That's why you make a top plate for a bottle jack so it doesn't sink in the wood.

That's why you make a top plate for a bottle jack so it doesn't sink in the wood.

Obvious solution for a bottle jack and before I bought my "racing" low profile jack that's what I used to do. I find that the floor jack works better and I don't have to keep track of extra parts.

Here is the video where I use my floor jack to crank a big leaner where I need it to go:

[video=youtube;MmM98L_hQm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmM98L_hQm0&list=UUaaT_qAfDa8u2flhJ7rV6Ig&index=9&feature=plcp[/video]

I carry it with me for fixing flats so it's always there if I feel I need it.

~ the Aerialist ...

Wow blakes you cut down a tree that had a nickname amoung the villagers ! Way too make an entrance . @ AA that looks some pretty insane rigging about to happen on that mongolian elm there , the benchmark for insanely difficult trees is 3.5 days so hop too it times a ticking

Nice video but I must of fast forwarded through the big to the small one at the end . I've cut furniture out of logs faster then the notch for that jack got cut. Wait was that a tractor? Why did you even bust out the jack? And why did you throw the saw? What it do? Poor thing, if you don't like it send it to me.

Bonus points for saftey colors and scenery.

Wow blakes you cut down a tree that had a nickname amoung the villagers ! Way too make an entrance . @ AA that looks some pretty insane rigging about to happen on that mongolian elm there , the benchmark for insanely difficult trees is 3.5 days so hop too it times a ticking

Yeah, he's gonna need a hug by the time he's done with that one!!

Yeah, he's gonna need a hug by the time he's done with that one!!
your just mad cause he's got 3.5 days of work , that has nothing to do with painting or extreme sand blasting and ass crack photo ops. Speaking of that how's the fox watching coming along , they grow get married and move out yet

That little korean elm should on the ground by the time a piece of equipment could be unloaded. Jeepers kreeper just raise the mower deck up a litlle and get a run at it. You may just dig a small hole on one side and have the neighbor kid push the tree into the hole. By the pic you may also want to wait tell the home owner finishes hanging himself. That is a slip knot and a ladder in the pic...I think:msp_unsure:

The HO just got a lesson on how dialing the wrong # once can #### your whole world up , I can see the angies list review now Doug Metcalf took his time (a month to be exact) removing my Persian Mulberry , the only complaint I have is he forgot to put my gutter back up and my basement flooded 6xs LOL

your just mad cause he's got 3.5 days of work , that has nothing to do with painting or extreme sand blasting and ass crack photo ops. Speaking of that how's the fox watching coming along , they grow get married and move out yet

Jealous of someone hundreds of miles (or whatever) away?? no, thats not really my thing.

And as far as what I've had to do to not only survive (having not had a drivers license for 13 years), but fill my yard with nice equipment and build some kind of business.. well, it is what it is.

What else ya got Edward?? I mean lord knows you've been sitting on that one for a while (and threatening me with it).. it must have just been eating away at you something fierce!!

awwwww don't be bitter its no ones fault here there wasn't a smiley face on your cheese and mustard sandwich today , I dunno what kind of paint you used and I am am no painter but I am pretty sure its dry now , you can take em out to work whenever your ready , and as far as AA is concerned maybe you can help a brother out , I am pretty sure Greyhound runs from Litchfield to Pittsburgh ... You can be there for 7am tomorrow flask in hand

And yeah, that's pretty funny too Edward. Good one. It's funny when someone doesn't have much work going on.. LOL!!

And yeah, that's pretty funny too Edward. Good one. It's funny when someone doesn't have much work going on.. LOL!!
Thanks mom LOL ... It times like these that I thank her for being hard on me made me wanna get out there and find something to do to distract me from the lack of hugs ...

Thanks mom LOL ... It times like these that I thank her for being hard on me made me wanna get out there and find something to do to distract me from the lack of hugs ...

You could have never made it coming from where I came from, Eddie. You have no idea. You would've given up and been pushing wheelbarrows of mulch around for $10 an hour. Just sayin..

You could have never made it coming from where I came from, Eddie. You have no idea. You would've given up and been pushing wheelbarrows of mulch around for $10 an hour. Just sayin..
I know up hill both ways to school in the snow with cardboard shoes , or better yet forced to ride a bike , but look at it this way even running a wheelbarrow for 10 bucks an hour would be better then not doing anything and punishing everyone else for it LOl , I was never handed anything but a trashbag of clothes @ 18 and a kick in the ass I just chose to not cry about it LOL . Even the mom jokes you poke @ me make me laugh cause its the truth and ya just got roll with it

I know up hill both ways to school in the snow with cardboard shoes , or better yet forced to ride a bike , but look at it this way even running a wheelbarrow for 10 bucks an hour would be better then not doing anything and punishing everyone else for it LOl , I was never handed anything but a trashbag of clothes @ 18 and a kick in the ass I just chose to not cry about it LOL . Even the mom jokes you poke @ me make me laugh cause its the truth and ya just got roll with it

I don't think people really wanna hear this crap anymore man, why don't you just let it go. I could say more bad things, it's just not funny anymore though. It was alright when we were friends, but now it's just stinking the place up. I'm gonna leave it be, out of respect for what used to be a fun place for me to hang out..

I don't think people really wanna hear this crap anymore man, why don't you just let it go. I could say more bad things, it's just not funny anymore though. It was alright when we were friends, but now it's just stinking the place up. I'm gonna leave it be, out of respect for what used to be a fun place for me to hang out..
No I think you prefer it when you can take shots @ a member and they stop posting and leave , I am sure its annoying when you bump into someone of superior intellect and a sharper tongue ... Whatever though I dunno wanna bust my whole nut on you in one day anyway , so poof be gone LOL

So wadja guys do today? %itch at each other all day and not work? 2 yeah hoo's. I got up at 2:30am on the couch and on my way to bed, checked my e mail. I ended up on the "wadja do today" forum and you had already started ken with eachother. Both your childhoods were a joke and you both lived a candy ass upbrining. I was left in the jungle of Hawaii as a baby. I nursed on wild cattle until I was large enough to ride them. Then I became the bull riding paniolo of Hawaii. I traded almost all my cattle for an old missery whip and 40 acres. I did save one big blue bull to drag logs........

So wadja guys do today? %itch at each other all day and not work? 2 yeah hoo's. I got up at 2:30am on the couch and on my way to bed, checked my e mail. I ended up on the "wadja do today" forum and you had already started ken with eachother. Both your childhoods were a joke and you both lived a candy ass upbrining. I was left in the jungle of Hawaii as a baby. I nursed on wild cattle until I was large enough to ride them. Then I became the bull riding paniolo of Hawaii. I traded almost all my cattle for an old missery whip and 40 acres. I did save one big blue bull to drag logs........
if its a bull then its not considered nursing its just plain ol sucking , anyway this thread needs to be called whatda do harder then other guy .... I've been shot 2xs in drivebys got hit by a truck on my tricycle fell outta a boat that was loaded on a trailer doing 40 and been and ran my nuts through a bicycle chain and sprocket ... So I am hard core tough .... So suck it putz

See now that's the comeback I enjoy. Whitty, threw a bull blow in there for my sake. Then you brought on the heartache of youth. Fallowed up with an old u suck conclusion. WELL PLAYED.
Kids getn hurt aren't my thing but I'd love to see video of the tricycle or boat trailer episode .
Who were your parents Johnny Knoxville and Courtney Love?

See now that's the comeback I enjoy. Whitty, threw a bull blow in there for my sake. Then you brought on the heartache of youth. Fallowed up with an old u suck conclusion. WELL PLAYED.
Kids getn hurt aren't my thing but I'd love to see video of the tricycle or boat trailer episode .
Who were your parents Johnny Knoxville and Courtney Love?
I would compare my parents to a whoopi goldberg mixed with jeffrey daumer with a bit chuck norris sprinkled in for stability , and my dad was like the Dos equis guy with ciggys rolled up in his sleeve

Back