whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never a dull moment

I watched a chipper get flipped over, the diesel run down the street. Chute was tied to a roll off and the roll off was getting rolled down the street, I saw it all from the driveway. Broke a rope, got some poison ivy,Killed 2 white pines, and ash, a dead w hite pine, and 8-10 big locusts. Then I went out to dinner with my pops at a nice german restaurant. Im just a tree guy, all kinds of good stuff happens to me.

I watched a chipper get flipped over, the diesel run down the street. Chute was tied to a roll off and the roll off was getting rolled down the street, I saw it all from the driveway. Broke a rope, got some poison ivy,Killed 2 white pines, and ash, a dead w hite pine, and 8-10 big locusts. Then I went out to dinner with my pops at a nice german restaurant. Im just a tree guy, all kinds of good stuff happens to me.

How you break a rope?

Some pics of the damage from the F1 tornado we had.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sold my F-350 yesterday, cash. Dude emails me at 2am and wants his money back because he got in trouble with his wife about it. I emailed him back, no. I had already spent 1500 of it on a couple guns after he left. Kinda feel bad, but at the same time, I really don't. I would never do this, once you make a deal and shake on it.........well, ya'll know. He has the signed title and a bill of sale. He has no issue with the truck, just a mad wife, something I think he has to deal with then. Dude I bought guns from went to Gander or Di.cks and spent the money I gave him on deer hunting stuff, shotgun included, I am no hunter but I bet he spent more than 1500 on all the stuff, and he is going out today. whatcha yall tink bout dat?

Sold my F-350 yesterday, cash. Dude emails me at 2am and wants his money back because he got in trouble with his wife about it. I emailed him back, no. I had already spent 1500 of it on a couple guns after he left. Kinda feel bad, but at the same time, I really don't. I would never do this, once you make a deal and shake on it.........well, ya'll know. He has the signed title and a bill of sale. He has no issue with the truck, just a mad wife, something I think he has to deal with then. Dude I bought guns from went to Gander or Di.cks and spent the money I gave him on deer hunting stuff, shotgun included, I am no hunter but I bet he spent more than 1500 on all the stuff, and he is going out today. whatcha yall tink bout dat?

There is nothing wrong with that move, the buyer guy has to take responsibility for his spending, wife or no wife. :msp_thumbup:

The broken rope, was a ####ty rope to begin with, I knew it had strength loss, hence the reason I over tentioned it with a skidsteer, makign sure it would hold. Clearly it didnt, no big deal. On another note, I was hanging some big wood last week off some 5/8 super braid, and the tre had a million cables, one with an eye bolt that was just below the surface of the bark.Due to the position of the block it rubbed on one lead before it swung free. After rubbing on that spot a few times it exposed the cut end of the bolt, unknown to me. I hung a peice and it cut the outer core of the rope. Def a scary thing, luckily the core held. This tree was hands down the biggest tree I have ever removed. 100 plus foot red oak, 3 major leaders, all over 60 inches. Over a garage, service drops and a propoane tank. It really didnt want to come down. Lots of stupid mishaps in the process of it getting removed, it fought every step of the way. Im gonna try and post some pics later.

Just wondering how your fingers are doing, hope you are making a full recovery.

Better thanks man , I am gonna try and ride the bike this morning , not hung over since I didn't drink but , I found other ways to have a good laugh :laugh:! My wife on the other hand has a half way decent hang over and we are gonna go eat then pick up my children and go to Batsto today

I help coach my sons Youth football team... had a big win today to go to 6-1 with one game left and then the playoffs... woooot

550082_400577376682144_69188357_n.jpg

My oldest boy has his first wrestling practice tomarrow, he is five. We start them young here in Iowa.

Sometimes Im glad I waited till I was older to have kids and sometimes not. My oldest will be six in Feb another will be four in may and my little girl just turned one. I turned 37 in Sept.

Where's 7 and 1 put ya in seating

Probably same spot... our one loss is to another team that will be 7-1 and there is one more 7-1 team who will probably edge us out for power points... funny thing is we have two B teams my sons team which is more 11 year olds and our other B team which is almost all 12 year old studs... They are undefeated and #1 we are #4. 8 teams go to the playoffs, so if we win our first game we will face our other team in the semi finals... 60+ kids and we all practice together. Should be a fun weekend, if we get there... But with that said, we will go 7-1 in the regular season. :rock:

Probably same spot... our one loss is to another team that will be 7-1 and there is one more 7-1 team who will probably edge us out for power points... funny thing is we have two B teams my sons team which is more 11 year olds and our other B team which is almost all 12 year old studs... They are undefeated and #1 we are #4. 8 teams go to the playoffs, so if we win our first game we will face our other team in the semi finals... 60+ kids and we all practice together. Should be a fun weekend, if we get there... But with that said, we will go 7-1 in the regular season. :rock:

So your gonna be setting up a scrimmage then I am sure with your B team and see what's up ?

So your gonna be setting up a scrimmage then I am sure with your B team and see what's up ?

No need... the two teams practice as one and actually scrimmage 2 nights a week for at least 30 minutes or so. Not saying it can not happen but they are GOOD. They beat our rivals this week who have not lost a game in 7 years 22-21. Our kids are really a developmental team who was not expected to win 4 games so we are going to ride it for all we can but the season is already a huge success either way.

Latest posts

Back