whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled stumps with a friend's backhoe today, plus chipped some brush piles. 2 loads on the death trap to the dump, they only charged me $100 :rock: so I have no complaints there. Got another load of crap on there to go maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. Had a friend's guys working on some topsoil and mulch for a few clients.. glad I got that over with.

Currently trying to close a 7K removal job with a client; 1 black oak roughly 5' diameter. I took a branch off of it about 5 years ago that got struck by lightning. It's been going downhill since then. Took another big branch off of it 2 winters ago which is actually healing over very nicely. Now the part going towards the house is starting to rot out, and one of the cables is broken, so we are gonna take it down before it lets go.

Had a nice cool day pole clipping viburnum and cutting the lower dead out of spruce trees. Now here is where it gets weird: I did a spring clean - up. Yup, I raked the leaves... and cut the grass. No ####. Can you believe it? Its not as bad as it seems as I was able to bang out a 730 dollar job all by my lonesome without having to break to much off of my ass. I even was able to dump at the township for free which was right down the road.
I was actually a little scared to rake the leaves all by myself so I tried to line up some help but he never showed so I went down to see if these "friends" of mine could help. I got to their place around 9, they were still sucking down bong hits but seemed eager enough to at least look at the job. When they saw it they were talking about 2 days, walk behind blowers, gallons of 2stroke mix, dragging tarps with lawn mowers and putting the leaves on a 20 foot trailer that don't even dump.
After they left to go back to sitting around smoking pot and talking about all sorts of other useless things I went and raked the crap onto a tarp and threw it on my dump truck, was home by 4:30.
Then my kid was trying to get me on that ####### tramapoline which I am hoping blows into the neighbors yard so I can call it an "act of God" and leave it there. Of all the things that keep me awake thinking about killing my wife that is the main one. I pretty much forgave her for everything else except for buying that thing.
Tommorow I am going to pick up a nice load of wood and chip what I made on Saturday. I am planning on dumping the chips at the guy who won 98 million dollars of lottery money house. He's got a sign out that says he wants chips and he is close to the job. Last time I saw him he told me he almost called the police on me because I dared sit in my truck in front of hi
s house. I was meeting the head contractor there to look a tree job on his property and knew we were coming. I could barely keep from telling him off, I might have said something to effect. I did help with the job on his property, the head contractor smashed a couple little plum trees with the spar cause he's a frenzied mess and boy, did he underbid that job. Think this lottery winner would be inclined to give me a couple bucks for the chips?

Absolutely amazing!
Jeff

Danno

Had a nice cool day pole clipping viburnum and cutting the lower dead out of spruce trees. Now here is where it gets weird: I did a spring clean - up. Yup, I raked the leaves... and cut the grass. No ####. Can you believe it? Its not as bad as it seems as I was able to bang out a 730 dollar job all by my lonesome without having to break to much off of my ass. I even was able to dump at the township for free which was right down the road.
I was actually a little scared to rake the leaves all by myself so I tried to line up some help but he never showed so I went down to see if these "friends" of mine could help. I got to their place around 9, they were still sucking down bong hits but seemed eager enough to at least look at the job. When they saw it they were talking about 2 days, walk behind blowers, gallons of 2stroke mix, dragging tarps with lawn mowers and putting the leaves on a 20 foot trailer that don't even dump.
After they left to go back to sitting around smoking pot and talking about all sorts of other useless things I went and raked the crap onto a tarp and threw it on my dump truck, was home by 4:30.
Then my kid was trying to get me on that ####### tramapoline which I am hoping blows into the neighbors yard so I can call it an "act of God" and leave it there. Of all the things that keep me awake thinking about killing my wife that is the main one. I pretty much forgave her for everything else except for buying that thing.
Tommorow I am going to pick up a nice load of wood and chip what I made on Saturday. I am planning on dumping the chips at the guy who won 98 million dollars of lottery money house. He's got a sign out that says he wants chips and he is close to the job. Last time I saw him he told me he almost called the police on me because I dared sit in my truck in front of his house. I was meeting the head contractor there to look a tree job on his property and knew we were coming. I could barely keep from telling him off, I might have said something to effect. I did help with the job on his property, the head contractor smashed a couple little plum trees with the spar cause he's a frenzied mess and boy, did he underbid that job. Think this lottery winner would be inclined to give me a couple bucks for the chips?

!...?... ...
Danno:Sooo...if your wife ever turns up dead do we have to testify?
:msp_ohmy:

Drove 45 minutes on way to the trailer shop to get brake assbles, drums, new beatings for my enclosed trailer that's sitting on jack stands right now. Got almost home and realized the guy didn't give me axle seals. Wtf. My fault I didn't check everything. Trying to find them locally but nobody can cross reference his part number he gave me. Gonna be one of those days I guess.

Working in the nursery today ,
9aha4a3a.jpg
za3ysa4a.jpg
cleared a new shade area for perennials
zuje4yge.jpg

If I were that lottery winner I would pay you to make chips 5 days a week just because :)

Ran into him today. He drove his lawn mower over us as we stopped by his " chips wanted" signs. If you think a Steiner is impressive you should see what this guy has. He rolls up, opens the door and croaks out," This mower is getting to small for me." Boy he sure put on weight, I thought we would need the jaws of life and a forklift to get him out.
He has one hell of a spread, said he wants the chips to stop the water from his neighbor's from washing into one of his empty fields. He tried to start a conversation but I got out of there as quick as I got in. Dump and run baby, that's my motto... sometimes.

!...?... ...
Danno:Sooo...if your wife ever turns up dead do we have to testify?
:msp_ohmy:

What? Am I the only one who lays in bed thinking of ways to do his wife in? Come on.:msp_rolleyes:

The problem is that she's a lot bigger than me and if screwed up and didn't take her out quick I'd have Hell to pay. I've tried a couple things but she's a tough nut to crack. Thank God she didn't find out it was me.

Ran into him today. He drove his lawn mower over us as we stopped by his " chips wanted" signs. If you think a Steiner is impressive you should see what this guy has. He rolls up, opens the door and croaks out," This mower is getting to small for me." Boy he sure put on weight, I thought we would need the jaws of life and a forklift to get him out.
He has one hell of a spread, said he wants the chips to stop the water from his neighbor's from washing into one of his empty fields. He tried to start a conversation but I got out of there as quick as I got in. Dump and run baby, that's my motto... sometimes.

Feller you need to learn to politic I see a terrace building job that pays high :) And his whole spread needed deadwooding too :)

What? Am I the only one who lays in bed thinking of ways to do his wife in? Come on.:msp_rolleyes:

The problem is that she's a lot bigger than me and if screwed up and didn't take her out quick I'd have Hell to pay. I've tried a couple things but she's a tough nut to crack. Thank God she didn't find out it was me.

So u gotta lady and ya want er gone ,but u ain't got the gutz, she keeps nagging at ya night and day, enough to drive ya nutz

Feller you need to learn to politic I see a terrace building job that pays high :) And his whole spread needed deadwooding too :)

I know, I am getting better, not so quick to pop off as I get older but this guy is an ass. In fact I have always kept my mouth shut around him unless I was offering (limited) polite advice or concern. He supposedly now has attack dogs judging from the 16 million signs he posted.

I know, I am getting better, not so quick to pop off as I get older but this guy is an ass. In fact I have always kept my mouth shut around him unless I was offering (limited) polite advice or concern. He supposedly now has attack dogs judging from the 16 million signs he posted.

I see well some that get wealth are ass holes. Others are the salt of the Earth. I think, it seems; those that had humble beginnings and got a break seem more down to earth than those that were fed with silver spoons!

So u gotta lady and ya want er gone ,but u ain't got the gutz, she keeps nagging at ya night and day, enough to drive ya nutz

Nah, she's a good girl. Excellent mother to our daughter. If I ever lost her I would have to go back to the city, sit on a milkcrate and start panhandling again.

Yesterday the kid pissed her off getting ready for school, she smacked the wall and hollered, I looked at the kid and said " yer ass is grass now kiddo, better do what she says."

Dang Rope!
I see you got that (,) key fixed!!!!!
Dang man, Rope using 'comma's,,
Next thing you know, you will be using the ' and the " ,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Jeff :wink2:

Got my oak removal squared away today. Gotta get it into the schedule now. Beside that, helped a friend with his carport, and picked up some supplies for an upcoming job. Not a profitable day, but certainly a productive one.

Got my axle seals this afternoon, went to put them on, and realized there is a crack at the should of the axle spindle. Spent the rest of the day / evening trying to find a way to fix it. Found a guy, sent him pictures. He calls me and says sorry but you cant fix that kind of axle. Gotta try to find a axle that will work. Problem is the manufacture is out of business. By how much of a pos my trailer is i am supprised it took that long. Gotta get a 5200 lb axle but with a 3500 lb spindle because the spring seats are so far in away from the hub face. I think i found a axle that will work from dexter, but i will have to weld on the spring seats. no big deal. Gotta get this trailer back on the road. This will be the 3rd time i had to replace a axle on this trailer in 6 years. If anyone wants a cheap 8 x 20 enclosed 7k trailer let me know. I am ordering a new one after putting $1000 into this one again.

Got my axle seals this afternoon, went to put them on, and realized there is a crack at the should of the axle spindle. Spent the rest of the day / evening trying to find a way to fix it. Found a guy, sent him pictures. He calls me and says sorry but you cant fix that kind of axle. Gotta try to find a axle that will work. Problem is the manufacture is out of business. By how much of a pos my trailer is i am supprised it took that long. Gotta get a 5200 lb axle but with a 3500 lb spindle because the spring seats are so far in away from the hub face. I think i found a axle that will work from dexter, but i will have to weld on the spring seats. no big deal. Gotta get this trailer back on the road. This will be the 3rd time i had to replace a axle on this trailer in 6 years. If anyone wants a cheap 8 x 20 enclosed 7k trailer let me know. I am ordering a new one after putting $1000 into this one again.

And I was frettin cause I had to spring for a new pole saw blade.

Back