whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! I have alot more mowing attachement stuff that I building for some friends while wee keep getting all day rains.

Worse pain I ever felt.

I went up the hill yesterday to do a small job for a big Company. Here at sea level it was a little overcast and I needed a lite coat. It was foggy going up and got cold. The job was two small Oaks. One dead, one a live but with a bad almost C shape.
Both were over a house. I had a game plan and figure 2 hours. I got my throw line out of the truck, it was a bird nest. I spent an hour trying to unravel it before giving up. So plan B, I climb a Cedar next to the live, live Oak. Its misting heavy and a light wind kicks up and the temp drops. Everything starts to freeze. The cedar starts icing up and is really slippery. I don't ware gloves when I climb and my hands are froze. I get to the top of the cedar and put my numb frozen fingers in my coat to warm them up. I guess I had a good case of frost bite on my fingers, cause as they warmed up I experience the worse pain I ever felt I think in them. It hurt so bad I almost got sick and throu up. I'm no baby and have a high tolerance to pain but I was moaning in the tree. I was ok by the time the crew arrived.
I got two hours so far in this two hour job and haven't make a cut yet. I put a block in the Cedar tree, run a bull line to the top of the of the Oak. I come down and place another block in a pine behind the Oak about 10 feet up and get a rope ready. The Oak is single trunk and leans. So I undercut it and it slips off the stump. I tie the rope to the end of the butt and the other to a truck and pull it up and back while the other end is slowly lowered. I repeated this tell the tree was down. Now the Dead oak. I use the end of the throw line that I untangled(about 40 feet) and put a rope through the first crotch. I tie it with a bowline and redirect it with a block to the truck. When I pull it by hand the whole dead thing rocks. Its about 14 in DBH I put a snap cut in it with a small notch and tell the truck to take it. The top breaks out about 5 ft under the rope but lands perfect. I acted like thats what was trying to do. The HO owner was inpressed:msp_tongue: 4 hours and the job is done i got my check. Not bad on my first day of being 55 years Old.

Figured I would post an at lunch pic of the ass of the chipper LOL
uranezu4.jpg
I think I am gonna pull the trigger on this puppy for crane work on arborvitae and Leyland hopefully I got enough stick for a full size dogwood or crepe myrtle
ze8uzu5u.jpg

Figured I would post an at lunch pic of the ass of the chipper LOL
uranezu4.jpg
I think I am gonna pull the trigger on this puppy for crane work on arborvitae and Leyland hopefully I got enough stick for a full size dogwood or crepe myrtle
ze8uzu5u.jpg

How far does it extend and how much can it lift. And how do you transport it? I'm curious

I went up the hill yesterday to do a small job for a big Company. Here at sea level it was a little overcast and I needed a lite coat. It was foggy going up and got cold. The job was two small Oaks. One dead, one a live but with a bad almost C shape.
Both were over a house. I had a game plan and figure 2 hours. I got my throw line out of the truck, it was a bird nest. I spent an hour trying to unravel it before giving up. So plan B, I climb a Cedar next to the live, live Oak. Its misting heavy and a light wind kicks up and the temp drops. Everything starts to freeze. The cedar starts icing up and is really slippery. I don't ware gloves when I climb and my hands are froze. I get to the top of the cedar and put my numb frozen fingers in my coat to warm them up. I guess I had a good case of frost bite on my fingers, cause as they warmed up I experience the worse pain I ever felt I think in them. It hurt so bad I almost got sick and throu up. I'm no baby and have a high tolerance to pain but I was moaning in the tree. I was ok by the time the crew arrived.
I got two hours so far in this two hour job and haven't make a cut yet. I put a block in the Cedar tree, run a bull line to the top of the of the Oak. I come down and place another block in a pine behind the Oak about 10 feet up and get a rope ready. The Oak is single trunk and leans. So I undercut it and it slips off the stump. I tie the rope to the end of the butt and the other to a truck and pull it up and back while the other end is slowly lowered. I repeated this tell the tree was down. Now the Dead oak. I use the end of the throw line that I untangled(about 40 feet) and put a rope through the first crotch. I tie it with a bowline and redirect it with a block to the truck. When I pull it by hand the whole dead thing rocks. Its about 14 in DBH I put a snap cut in it with a small notch and tell the truck to take it. The top breaks out about 5 ft under the rope but lands perfect. I acted like thats what was trying to do. The HO owner was inpressed:msp_tongue: 4 hours and the job is done i got my check. Not bad on my first day of being 55 years Old.

Haha, better you than me. I am afraid of the throwball, it sits there and waits to make your day miserable.

Decent day today. Few pines and maples. Got my boy Stevie up on the ball for a few picks
jyhuve7y.jpg
he just started climbing but we need his class a to drive the chip truck.

Hit the all stop on boom angle as well, 25 degrees.
yradahy4.jpg
couple degrees higher and we can pick 4000 lbs

Pick from a job a few weeks ago. Big hollow oak.
uqusymyr.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Pulled into the job yesterday and tore up half of one of the two sugars we were after when the chipper started spewing oil all over the joint. Towed it back to the lot, grabbed the log truck and just stuffed it.
2ebysere.jpg

Worked out well enough so while cummins sticks their arm up their ass trying to figure out what is wrong with their engine for the 100th time since they installed it we went after a duck today. ####, I cut and chucked half this norway right into the box.
y3ynyjes.jpg

One ( hour ) and done. #### yer chipper.
usumyme3.jpg

Pulled into the job yesterday and tore up half of one of the two sugars we were after when the chipper started spewing oil all over the joint. Towed it back to the lot, grabbed the log truck and just stuffed it.
2ebysere.jpg

Worked out well enough so while cummins sticks their arm up their ass trying to figure out what is wrong with their engine for the 100th time since they installed it we went after a duck today. ####, I cut and chucked half this norway right into the box.
y3ynyjes.jpg

usumyme3.jpg

When did you get that log truck!? I missed that exact truck to a guy a few years ago. It was a repo with kilometers on the speed gauge, no miles. CHEAP too.

Love the size.

Last edited:
worked till 1pm and then had to run 1.5 hrs away to pickup a new enclosed trailer. Nothing like spending $9000 in a week on two trailers. Worse part is now i have to transfer everything i have mounted in the old one to the new one. I am also gonna get that roll in bed liner stuff and do the floor of the trailer. New trailer is so much better built. Gotta go get my letters put on it, and gotta weld on a different jack, and rear rollers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

2ebysere.jpg

y3ynyjes.jpg

usumyme3.jpg
I have a 86hp turbo cat with less then 2 k hours , if ya need a engine that runs let me know , I will hook a nucka up !

worked till 1pm and then had to run 1.5 hrs away to pickup a new enclosed trailer. Nothing like spending $9000 in a week on two trailers. Worse part is now i have to transfer everything i have mounted in the old one to the new one. I am also gonna get that roll in bed liner stuff and do the floor of the trailer. New trailer is so much better built. Gotta go get my letters put on it, and gotta weld on a different jack, and rear rollers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No Pequea? But dam dude dam, that's a bummer having to buy a trailer when you allready have one.

Back