whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Owner/operators I work for has a pizza oven next to the pool. It's all covered in natural rock to match the grotto theme of the pool area. His Bar-b-Q is made from part of a lumber kiln and had to be brought in with a crane. I've yet to see a Pizza be made. I think its more the "I have a pizza oven", then the making of pizzas.

Next door neighbor where we r working today have one too. This is getting weird.

Went to the saw shop this morning and was greeted by the owners raccoon , this guy was smaller then the palm of my hand a few months ago
u2ype6et.jpg
5y6u4use.jpg
ebyravar.jpg
the cat and him fight bad , I would guess soon rough the cat will be way outta his league .

Have you ask him lately about the husky top handle saw availability ??

Have you ask him lately about the husky top handle saw availability ??

I was basically told to forget about the new model , ain't happening this year , so I bought 2 more 338s , for the money there a nice saw , if only they could keep the hot exhaust air off the top of your hand they would be perfect .

I thought you were a stihl guy? Didnt you post a pic with tree md of all your stihls? No big deal either way, Im not blinded by color, but surely the 338 doesnt beat out a 201T? Obviously not a 200. Price must be right? Just curious

I thought you were a stihl guy? Didnt you post a pic with tree md of all your stihls? No big deal either way, Im not blinded by color, but surely the 338 doesnt beat out a 201T? Obviously not a 200. Price must be right? Just curious
I don't have the option of new 200's because I'll be damned if I am gonna pay 900 for one , I have 2 left hanging in there , Had new heads pistons and carbies ......I am hardcore orange and white no doubt .... However the 338 is decent for my needs that 541 or whatever the # is was nice aswell

..."the cat and him fight bad , I would guess soon rough the cat will be way outta his league"

...they must have had a falling out over something... food bowl?.. territory war?...poker game?...a broad?.. is his cat a tom or xenophobic?... maybe they are in love?... i got 8 cats... they all get along great with the coons... they hang out on the porch together drinking beer and smoking fat cigars...

heres francis...

..."the cat and him fight bad , I would guess soon rough the cat will be way outta his league"

...they must have had a falling out over something... food bowl?.. territory war?...poker game?...a broad?.. is his cat a tom or xenophobic?... maybe they are in love?... i got 8 cats... they all get along great with the coons... they hang out on the porch together drinking beer and smoking fat cigars...

heres francis...
The cat hates the coon .... He eats his food basically runs a muck of the joint .... The situation on occasion requires intervention , the cat has been there as king for almost 8 years, on my next visit I will snap a few of the cat he is a formidable opponent for sure .

Last edited:
I don't have the option of new 200's because I'll be damned if I am gonna pay 900 for one , I have 2 left hanging in there , Had new heads pistons and carbies ......I am hardcore orange and white no doubt .... However the 338 is decent for my needs that T541 or whatever the # is was nice aswell

Thats a good price. That new husky top handle does look sweet, i cant think of the number either. Your not a fan of the 201? I havent used one enough for an honest assesment.

What an adventure I had today... yet again. Had Mr. DF back with me, that boy is probably the dumbest person I've ever met. Came to work without any money or gas. Drive to the job in my truck, he rode back to the yard with a friend. 1/2 mile down the road he realizes that he forgot his cell phone charger in my truck, and had to literally run back to get it, as they had the trailer and backhoe with them. Next thing I know he's calling to say that after getting his charger, and getting back to his car, he also forgot his keys in my truck.

Picked up a fig tree for one client this morning, another adventure. This thing is probably 4' tall, and was the largest item that the nursery had for sale. Had to help the guy load it into the back of my truck, what an adventure. My client told me that these people were "granola" I had not idea what she was talking about until I got there. I think they make their own shoes. Really wierd.

Got a small job or two, less than nothing great... one lady wanted one branch off of a magnolia at the back end of the property, gonna get that out first thing in the AM. Another lady wanted some hemlocks tipped back, meanwhile they are infested with adelgid. Tried to sell her on treatment options, she didn't want to spend the money. The job should take me about an hour, maybe a little more... BS money.

Backhoe was supposed to show up at 9:30 this morning to help plant a linden tree, didn't show up until lunch time. Did NOT make me happy. Had DF and my main man just hanging around for the most part... moved a couple items out of the way and that was it. Sucked big time.

DDDD, dang.

What an adventure I had today... yet again. Had Mr. DF back with me, that boy is probably the dumbest person I've ever met. Came to work without any money or gas. Drive to the job in my truck, he rode back to the yard with a friend. 1/2 mile down the road he realizes that he forgot his cell phone charger in my truck, and had to literally run back to get it, as they had the trailer and backhoe with them. Next thing I know he's calling to say that after getting his charger, and getting back to his car, he also forgot his keys in my truck.

Picked up a fig tree for one client this morning, another adventure. This thing is probably 4' tall, and was the largest item that the nursery had for sale. Had to help the guy load it into the back of my truck, what an adventure. My client told me that these people were "granola" I had not idea what she was talking about until I got there. I think they make their own shoes. Really wierd.

Got a small job or two, less than nothing great... one lady wanted one branch off of a magnolia at the back end of the property, gonna get that out first thing in the AM. Another lady wanted some hemlocks tipped back, meanwhile they are infested with adelgid. Tried to sell her on treatment options, she didn't want to spend the money. The job should take me about an hour, maybe a little more... BS money.

Dang Debbie Downer Dude,, you could of just lied and said it was a beautiful day.
Seems like you bring a lot of this on yourself.
Some people are not happy unless they are un-happy.
Anyway, hang in there.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Dang Debbie Downer Dude,, you could of just lied and said it was a beautiful day.
Seems like you bring a lot of this on yourself.
Some people are not happy unless they are un-happy.
Anyway, hang in there.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

I don't have to lie. It was a beautiful day, we were working on the water, and even though it was hot we were all comfortable. Nobody bothered us, nothing got damaged, and I made some money... but where is the fun and adventure in any of that? Heck, Saturday we were working on the water, client was right there... she was happy, for a time we were actually being paid to go swimming, can I complain about that? no. However what is actually interesting about it?

I keep DF around for 2 things... 1. he can drag brush and move logs like nobody I have ever met before... don't need a mini when he's around. 2. entertainment. Tomorrow I have a special job just for him, wouldn't have taken it on if he wasn't around. Got a bunch of small trees, pricker bushes, and so forth to pull off a hillside, about a 2-300' drag to where the chipper can get it. Terrible job, but it's what he wants... so who am I to disappoint? Gonna sit up on the deck watching him suffer while I figure out what to make on the customer's BBQ.

The adventure with picking up the fig tree is kind of par for the course with this woman, but she always has work for me, and in this economy I can't really complain about that.

The jobs I looked at were BS. the magnolia branch is for a client who has had her house on the market for the past year? She's always been good to me. The hemlock job is for the daughter of a new client. It's kind of hard to be thrilled about jobs that are barely worth a few hundred, when I want to be getting jobs for a few thousand.

not to mention he's cool as hell ! Ban me for life and reinstate the Dan !

I always enjoyed reading the Dan's verbage. I would say he is a very educated man and seemed objective in his advice and critique most of the time. Good sense of humor too. Probably brought alot of traffic to this site.

Reinstate the Dan.

Yeah! What he said...

I always enjoyed reading the Dan's verbage. I would say he is a very educated man and seemed objective in his advice and critique most of the time. Good sense of humor too. Probably brought alot of traffic to this site.

Reinstate the Dan.

Come on! We want to know the latest soap opera details of his wretched, bunny dressing, wife murdering, Power Ranger suit wearing, composting, suicidal thought sharing existence!
Reinstate the DAN.

Went out and murdered a Pear, then blessed a birch, then painted till late. Gutting this house is wearing me out. Hoping for a rain day, so I can keep going on it, gotta lay 500ft of hardwood, 150ft of tile.

Don't ban The Dan for life. He's harmless and does have a interesting take on life.

I dunno why he made such a fuss over getting sent to band camp. It's not like he was gonna get forced to learn how to play the clarinet.

Removing a dead tulip tree , kinda thought it would be a cool pic to be lugging a 10" piece that was 12 ft long after a lot of grunting I got it to my shoulder ........ Briefly
y9u7umet.jpg
3y2e8y8u.jpg

Back