whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hometown Summerfest parade. Put the wife and grand kids up in the lift. Threw out 80 bucks worth of candy and a bunch of tote bags. Fun day, despite the rain.
View attachment 306295
Phil

I love that rig i wanna put a light bar on my truck in the worst way i have a truck and tow magazine in by the crapper i just haven't decided on one yet. look into the firestone ride right air bags for that van i put them on all my trucks now. man what a difference when towing like 285.00 for a set they are like 5k helper springs that are air bags. makes a truck like that ride like a cadillac when towing.

I suppose u can never be too safe, but there wasn't even a remote need for the cw with this specific op. I just don't get y some are so quick to make judgemental comments when they don't have the info needed to do so properly.

Because its the internet and everyone is a genius on here. Thats why i just stay out of it anymore and usually just read unless someone i like is posting. If not i usually let the usual crew flame regular guys questions and pictures.

I love that rig i wanna put a light bar on my truck in the worst way i have a truck and tow magazine in by the crapper i just haven't decided on one yet. look into the firestone ride right air bags for that van i put them on all my trucks now. man what a difference when towing like 285.00 for a set they are like 5k helper springs that are air bags. makes a truck like that ride like a cadillac when towing.
Thanks. Light bar makes a difference when trying to back in with traffic. My trailer guys recommended the bags but by that time I was tired of spending money. Might put them on over winter.
Regards,
Phil

I suppose u can never be too safe, but there wasn't even a remote need for the cw with this specific op. I just don't get y some are so quick to make judgemental comments when they don't have the info needed to do so properly.

I've learned working with different crews over the years , just about everyone has there own twist on what's right safe and efficient . When I bump into strong personalities now I just stop and ask them to show me there way . Then sometimes I laugh in there face , other times I learn :rock:

Thanks. Light bar makes a difference when trying to back in with traffic. My trailer guys recommended the bags but by that time I was tired of spending money. Might put them on over winter.
Regards,
Phil

I was thinking of bagging a ranger or dakota so I could put a .75 ss sander in the bed with a load of salt and a 6.5-7ft plow up front. The city drives I do in the winter generally call for something smaller than a full size pickup. Dont want to crack a frame though.

View attachment 306566

Baby girl born yesterday morning. Lucienne White. 8lbs 3 oz and 19.5" long. Childbirth is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. God is very gracious. Gonna stay home from work tomorrow to be with mom and baby. The boys are trimming some big chinese elms.

Congrats, and welcome to the big adventure!

Regards,
Phil

They are under 300$ I put a fancy wireless compressor on my duramax which made the whole kit like 650 it had a one gallon air tank. But just a regular kit is Like 450$ with inboard compressor .

I took out my regular suspension and did all air bags on my pickup if I go to 150psi its like a 4 inch lift kit. Deflated when parked like a Mexican low rider. But I can haul 4 ton in the bed no probl with zero squat.

View attachment 306566

Baby girl born yesterday morning. Lucienne White. 8lbs 3 oz and 19.5" long. Childbirth is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. God is very gracious. Gonna stay home from work tomorrow to be with mom and baby. The boys are trimming some big chinese elms.

Yes it is an amasing experience
Its wakes a god man up to how wonderful woman are particularly your woman
GOD bless them both mother n child
congratulations olson

Congrats Mike! Soon they will be stealing your sticky gloves and your unscratched safety glasses, your socks, work shirts, boots, keys to the trucks....!

Going light today. Got a couple removals out in the boonies, taking just the F-150 with gear in the back, all material gets thrown in the ravine. :clap:
Praying I get a call today to start a big reno tomorrow. Should be there a week. It would be a nice change, been doing nothing but small prunes and small removals, driving all over, will be nice to camp out and save some fuel. Worked on my landscape all weekend. Transplanted many trees and shrubs, trying to make natural fencing to block the view of my back lot from the street and to keep my neighbors from staring at me when I am cooking on da BBQ. Not sure what the deal is, why they stare. It may be the pink g-string and flip flops.

Last edited:
View attachment 306566

God bless you brother!! They are what it is all about! Congrats!! :msp_biggrin:

Went to a Yankees game yesterday with a friend. One of my clients called me on Friday morning to see if I wanted 2 free tickets. Sure, why not? Had a good time aside from the overpriced food. Today I helped a friend at his place, took down some small BS trees by the road, 1 dead spruce in the back yard, and an ash tree he was worried about. Went to dump a load of chips at this one dump spot I've been using for the last 2 years; older lady just wants to extend the property a little bit, so we dump chips and whatever there, then bring over a loader to push the piles back as needed. A few times she has had some storm damage, or trees that die, I just go there and take care of it for her at no charge. Well I go up there today, her daughter comes up to me (who is visiting for a few days from down south)... no more dumping, we hired somebody to put up a fence, bring in soil, and do some landscape work. WTF???? the way it sounded was as if they had hired the ####head who has been dumping JUNK there for a while. Went back later on to talk with the old lady, she assured me that nothing was going on aside from her children causing problems. Then I dropped my stuff off at the yard in the afteroon, I had allowed DF to take my dump truck on Saturday so that he could get rid of a bunch of crap from his apartment... stupid SOB left the window open, I'm sure the rain got in there yesterday... oh well, he'll pay for that this week.

I checked out a clearing job for a home builder and just got the job I bid yesterday. Bonus was I got a new flip line in the mail, played baseball with my kid and picked up a fresh bottle of fireside bourbon. A good day for sure.

View attachment 306566

Congrats Mike... Blessed with a daughter too... you will find that truly is a delight... until she gets about 13 then look out.

Had a lousy day yesturday.

Employee wasnt moving fast enough nor doing good enough of a job. I wasnt mean but I told him about it. He decied to just make up excusses instead of just redoing it. I went redid it.

Get to next job. I was working out back and he was out front. Didnt see him for a while. Went out front. All his stuff was gone. He quit and got a ride home without saying a word.

Then the tranny went out on my 3/4 ton dodge on the way home. Just had it in the trans shop last month to fixthe electronics. Wtf

Had a lousy day yesturday.

Employee wasnt moving fast enough nor doing good enough of a job. I wasnt mean but I told him about it. He decied to just make up excusses instead of just redoing it. I went redid it.

Get to next job. I was working out back and he was out front. Didnt see him for a while. Went out front. All his stuff was gone. He quit and got a ride home without saying a word.

Then the tranny went out on my 3/4 ton dodge on the way home. Just had it in the trans shop last month to fixthe electronics. Wtf

What a punk aas! Just bailed with out saying a word! We gotz names for dos types, they called beeeyatches.

Heading out in to that sweet job,biggie reno, last night went up there to sign and the HO tells me that his neighbor wants the same thing, phukinA! I get that, and do it right after this one, then I am taking August off! Not really, but I could and having that feeling as almost as good! I might stay in and work on this damn house tho! Try to look out for family, then they bite the hand that feeds them. Should have never let my POS brother in law move in to this house when we went to Cali. Man, its amazing at how much damage a pig can cause in a few months.

Not pinning the counter weights you have on the deck makes no sense. It takes almost as long to push the buttons to change the computer config as it does to pick them up.
If an accident ever happened all parties would be judged harshly.
Those kinds of "shortcuts" dont make sense

Back