whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This quitting smoking thing is going swimmingly , i freaked out after dinner and destroyed that area between myself and my neighbors yard basically cut all his in unmaintained #### down with the intention of planting a green fence , I am tired of looking at his jacked up yard , a picture of my wife navigating the 101s that are about as awkward as they come .... Shearing rocks plants all of it View attachment 308555

Are those steel toe flip flops? How bout you post less pictures of you and more of your wife. Everytime i see a pic of you, I think i am looking in the mirror. :hmm3grin2orange:

I finished up that big Cottonwood with out a hitch. towards the end my lanyard wouldn't reach around the trunk any more, I switched to a longer one but it had me almost face first to the tree. I finely get to ground on it and I tell the boss this might be a good time to give the new guy some experence cutting a piece attached to the crane. (I'm burnt) He takes a 8ft 3000lb piece standing on the ground. Now there is just a 5ft stump and the boss has the kid do the V cut.(don't ask) He doesn't hit the two cuts and the stump isn't moving. I finely after watching for a half an hour or more grab my big stihl and am going to fix this mess so we can go home. The operator has been pulling, rocking, pushing this stump trying to break it loose the whole time also. I bore cut it in a place or two then back cut a section and wham, that thing shoots off the stump like a metor almost clocking me, it grazed my arm. I move pretty fast when I have to and I bolted leaving my saw still running as that piece bounces like a yo yo. I think wow I do this whole hazard tree and almost get taking out by the stump.
We got one more day there and have to remove some bays and a small dead cedar. should be an easy day. The 90 year old lady who owns the ranch was inpressed, I apologized for taking out her mail box(don't ask)and she said its no big deal not to worry. A wonderful day none the less

Found that I had a busted leaf spring on my 250, chyaaat! Ended up lucking out, my guy Steven's uncle, his best friend works at a dealership, got me a new one for 75 that they had from a miss order and I paid the uncle 200 to put it on. 275 and in one day, sweet. Guess I better look into those air bags, Matt how much are they installed?

I swear if I didnt have bad luck I would have no luck. Other day the chipper coupler came unhooked as we left the job site. Thought maybe I didnt latch it right. Today hooking up trying to beat the rain I notice the couplers really loose. I stand on the back of the chipper and sure enough the ball pulls out of the coupler. Its only a couple years old but guess it wore out. Nothing made good quality anymore. Wtf.

Last edited:
I walked out of the store and saw this on the can , can anyone tell me what the hell it is besides a moth !!!!!
a4u4avu2.jpg

Thanks , today I was supposed to take out one tree , then when I arrived I was asked to remove this. ..... And it was a pain over 2 sheds surrounded by service and pretty much buried .
umy4e6ub.jpg
asureja2.jpg
ybusaru4.jpg
5ysypuhy.jpg
was some nice scenery , to bad I had my back to it all day

[SUP][/SUP]
I finished up that big Cottonwood with out a hitch. towards the end my lanyard wouldn't reach around the trunk any more, I switched to a longer one but it had me almost face first to the tree. I finely get to ground on it and I tell the boss this might be a good time to give the new guy some experence cutting a piece attached to the crane. (I'm burnt) He takes a 8ft 3000lb piece standing on the ground. Now there is just a 5ft stump and the boss has the kid do the V cut.(don't ask) He doesn't hit the two cuts and the stump isn't moving. I finely after watching for a half an hour or more grab my big stihl and am going to fix this mess so we can go home. The operator has been pulling, rocking, pushing this stump trying to break it loose the whole time also. I bore cut it in a place or two then back cut a section and wham, that thing shoots off the stump like a metor almost clocking me, it grazed my arm. I move pretty fast when I have to and I bolted leaving my saw still running as that piece bounces like a yo yo. I think wow I do this whole hazard tree and almost get taking out by the stump.
We got one more day there and have to remove some bays and a small dead cedar. should be an easy day. The 90 year old lady who owns the ranch was inpressed, I apologized for taking out her mail box(don't ask)and she said its no big deal not to worry. A wonderful day none the less

Yea had one of those kinda days too the stump wouldnt pop... Let the new guy doit... But after trying to rip the stump out of the ground i slack everything down and reset the boom and re tension the cables so nobody dies ;)

Thanks , today I was supposed to take out one tree , then when I arrived I was asked to remove this. ..... And it was a pain over 2 sheds surrounded by service and pretty much buried .
umy4e6ub.jpg
asureja2.jpg
ybusaru4.jpg
5ysypuhy.jpg

Thats old school style, nice. Have only heard of the days of 3 strand and tree wraps.

umy4e6ub.jpg
asureja2.jpg
ybusaru4.jpg
5ysypuhy.jpg

I love pics like this, lookin down at the operation you've built, ya forget about all the bs and stress that goes w/ it, just for a minute.

Back