whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up the other week, Vermeer 665a with the 65 hp Wisconsin gas engine. I did the repaint and put new tires and a set of $700.00 Green teeth on it. It has the remote control option and seems to run good. I am taking it to a shop to have the carb checked out as it had some bad gas in it when i bought it. I bought it because the 1625 super Jr. is slow on big stumps, I wanted to wait and get a Diesel tow behind but am saving for a Bucket truck and a Diesel would have been 4 times what i paid for this one.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 21
Decisions decisions.... So I'm in need of another chip truck. Friend has a truck that isn't for sale and gave me a killer price that's to good to be true. It's a sweet setup. 03 FL70, 26,000 gross, juice brakes, 5.9 cummins, six speed manual, and 2 speed rear end. 14 ft flatbed dump, just under 100,000 miles and it's the right color too. Only problem is finding someone I can trust driving it. Then there's a F450 I came across. The thing is clean, 12 foot flatbed dump with only 50,000 miles. Super cheap cuz the ****** v10 blew apart. (I can have a new motor dropped in in a few hours) Smaller than I want but the current crew could drive. I was going to buy both but when I told the wife she said if I come home with both trucks one will be hers along with half of the rest of my other junk. Damn what do I do now? Tried reasoning with the wife but they never get it.

Just back from my docs. Arm still straight and healing. She says probably only about 60 - 70% healed. Says smokers usually take a couple more weeks. Only lift 1 - 5 pounds. Could still break. Probably shouldn't have been dragging brush with it yesterday. I'm just gonna go easy from now on.

Could be worse news though. They left me in the room looking at the x ray for what felt like forever, looked still broken to me. Guess the line where the break is won't go away for six months to a year (whew). Lol.

Decisions decisions.... So I'm in need of another chip truck. Friend has a truck that isn't for sale and gave me a killer price that's to good to be true. It's a sweet setup. 03 FL70, 26,000 gross, juice brakes, 5.9 cummins, six speed manual, and 2 speed rear end. 14 ft flatbed dump, just under 100,000 miles and it's the right color too. Only problem is finding someone I can trust driving it. Then there's a F450 I came across. The thing is clean, 12 foot flatbed dump with only 50,000 miles. Super cheap cuz the ****** v10 blew apart. (I can have a new motor dropped in in a few hours) Smaller than I want but the current crew could drive. I was going to buy both but when I told the wife she said if I come home with both trucks one will be hers along with half of the rest of my other junk. Damn what do I do now? Tried reasoning with the wife but they never get it.
Well it is to late now but i did the same thing with 2 trucks, what i told the wife was ( after i brought them home ) it was a package deal and i had to buy all or nothing. And i had all ready bought them so it was to late anyway. I would go with the Fl70 and make one of your guys learn to drive it or get replaced. Tell him that and it will help motivate him.

Back