whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate grinding stumps, I wish we had a good dependable/reasonable guy that would do ours.
894e44eca057d40a0393824a89575306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen. Stump grinding offends my sensibilities. It sullies a perfect, flat, low, compact chunk of carbon by obliterating it and making a colossal mess. If I find the ******* that started this whole stump grinding thing, I'm gonna bury him in stump grindings.

It never ends, Never. This month for me it's Battery in chipper, F350 and Dump truck. That;s like $400 in battery;s and i haven't started fixing the broke stuff yet like the v10 engine in my dodge 3500 that the machine shop said would be $2400.00 for the bottom end machine work and parts.
But one with a 5.9 cummins. Put fuel in it change the filters, get 18 to 20 mpg empty. Don't plug it in when it's 15 below and it starts. Pull anything at highway speed and just drive it.

You need to get rid of those rakes, they suck! Get some of the maintainer rakes. One stroke of the maintainer is like four of those, and they last a long time

I'd try one out for sure. I've heard mention of them on here before, just don't know where to get one. I just pick these up down at the local hardware store as needed.

Oh BTW I googled mini skids vermeer into my search and walla ...... About 60 popped up so maybe you search engine is pooooocockeeeee
uve2usys.jpg
Yeah I've seen them btu they are all in another country or at the other end of the country.

I'm going to give the lube a try if not I'm taking it to a hydraulic guy not bandit. My chipper is sitting down in malvern right now so going to have to wait until Monday.

Yeah I've seen them btu they are all in another country or at the other end of the country.

Your not gonna find a ton of them locally. Your gonna have to travel to find the one you want. There are a few for sale locally though. Check the local vermeer dealer

Unless you buy a vermeer brand one, your gonna have to have parts shipped or drive a couple hours to get them.

I get parts for my dingo out of virginia. The closest Dw dealer is in deleware, about 2 hrs away

I will be selling mine this spring. Its a 05 with 800 hours, not sure what the older ones are going for.

Your not gonna find a ton of them locally. Your gonna have to travel to find the one you want. There are a few for sale locally though. Check the local vermeer dealer

Unless you buy a vermeer brand one, your gonna have to have parts shipped or drive a couple hours to get them.

I get parts for my dingo out of virginia. The closest Dw dealer is in deleware, about 2 hrs away
There is a Vermeer s600tx for sale at the local rental place that I rent from. They are waiting for a new design model 650 to come out in October to sell. I can either for that one or keep looking. I don't mine the parts thing. I seen a ditch witch 650 in the mid west that look nice. I was wondering how much it cost to ship it here. If I go pick it up it be $700 in fuel and at least 3 days on the road.

I had the windows open last night and its a little chilly this morning, it got down into the 40's.

There is a Vermeer s600tx for sale at the local rental place that I rent from. They are waiting for a new design model 650 to come out in October to sell. I can either for that one or keep looking. I don't mine the parts thing. I seen a ditch witch 650 in the mid west that look nice. I was wondering how much it cost to ship it here. If I go pick it up it be $700 in fuel and at least 3 days on the road.

The arent making the 650 any more. The new 725 is coming out next month.

Well now on my bucket truck I have power to the coil again and the injectors are working but it still won't start. All I did was pull and check fuses and relays. Idk if it's some stupid sensor or the computer that's screwed. Fml
if dt466 throttle position sensor on pump can be an issue- common problem, inexpensive part.

***My chipper's hydraulics are acting up again, can't seem to figure it out, slide box getting stuck open and the feed wheels are stopping when a branch hits them. I'm afraid to take it to bandit and get an arse rapping again with nothing getting fix. I'd think I'd have better luck taking it to a lawn mower repair man.***

Buddy of mines 250xp is doing the same thing I think, infeed rollers stop feeding once a branch touches them. Are you running a Bandit? And the "side rails", are those the rails the rollers are guided by on the outsides of the machine. Its driving him nuts. The down pressure assist is working,( opening the rollers) but they won't work on their own once closed.

***My chipper's hydraulics are acting up again, can't seem to figure it out, slide box getting stuck open and the feed wheels are stopping when a branch hits them. I'm afraid to take it to bandit and get an arse rapping again with nothing getting fix. I'd think I'd have better luck taking it to a lawn mower repair man.***

Buddy of mines 250xp is doing the same thing I think, infeed rollers stop feeding once a branch touches them. Are you running a Bandit? And the "side rails", are those the rails the rollers are guided by on the outsides of the machine. Its driving him nuts. The down pressure assist is working,( opening the rollers) but they won't work on their own once closed.

Yes the slide box that hold the upper feed wheel attached to the lift cylinder. Box opens but doesn't return closed have to assist it by hitting the down pressure control. A branch hits the feed wheels and the feed wheels stop, I must hit the up pressure control and open it enough that the feed wheels will start up again and pull it in. Once it grabs the branch it's fine unless the slide box gets stuck open then I must keep tapping the down pressure so the box closes enough to pull the branch in.
I never had any problems until I changed my hydraulic fluid last year. I hardy ever lubed the slide box and never had a problem. I went from the expensive canada petro hydraulic oil that came with the machine to napa AW46 which the bandit dealer said was fine to use. I just changed the filter too with fear there maybe moisture in the oil but nothing has changed.

Back