whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna give it a try this morning, have a lonely Doug fir to zip line over a pool house and fence. Thermometer say 6 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's minus 12 C (10 F) with a windchill of minus 22 C (-8 F) which is a lot warmer than earlier in the week.
I have a chest cold big time, so it's just as well that the temperatures are not high enough to tempt me to go out and get some jobs done. My guys are not minding the extended break either.

Kerosene heater for the cold shop? It's portable and fairly cheap. Not a bad idea to have one anyway.
They work great, especially for occasional use. Just remember to also have a CO detector in there with you as the products of combustion can build up. They call CO the silent killer.

I might fire someone today. I'm getting tired of these young sissies. I gave us the day off yesterday because of the wind. There is no wind today, it's 10 degrees and going up....it's damn near balmy out there. If that's too tough for you....go work somewhere else.

Edit..that wasn't directed at anyone here.

They work great, especially for occasional use. Just remember to also have a CO detector in there with you as the products of combustion can build up. They call CO the silent killer.

I have a buddy heater that uses the small propane cylinders when I really need it in the shop. Having it a couple feet away helps a lot, maybe its only mental but at least 1 leg will be warm. Have a big overhead hanging heater too, I had the gas service cut off when we first moved in as it isn't worth paying $40+ mth for just that heater that doesn't get used.

On another note, it finally snowed!!! Ended up getting 4" instead of the 1/2" like they thought. Calling for light snow 3 days or so next week, we'll see.....

It's to damned cold to do anything outside today. It was 8F this morning. I'm in Alabama. We're not used to it getting that cold the whole year sometimes. I don't see how you guys up north do it.

Holy Heat Wave Batman!! Its gonna be in the 40's today. Good thing I made up a few of these door hanger fliers. Gonna load up my day pack and walk the pup around some "select" neighborhoods. Maybe drum up some work. I dont have anything on the books untill next week and thats just a few lil prune jobs and removing Christmas lights.get-attachment.jpg

The damn stomach virus is going around here and I came down with it Wednesday night. Good Lord, I had forgot how bad that stuff is. The first twelve hours is tuff. I guess it's that norovirus.

It's to damned cold to do anything outside today. It was 8F this morning. I'm in Alabama. We're not used to it getting that cold the whole year sometimes. I don't see how you guys up north do it.

Almost minus 20 with the wind chill I look like I'm going snow boarding. Its wearing me out I'm looking into alternatives to keep revenue coming in in January February other then just tree work. So when its this cold we can just stay warm. I'm gonna pull the trigger on a firewood processor in the next month or two. If that can just pay the bills in theses terrible months I'm sold.

Back