whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes work is fun anybody need a tree? I'll sell it cheap
ff9ff0bff01126e7a5c1930b866d0211.jpg
my guys thought I was nutz till they didn't have to drag and rake 400 feet our chipper truck never woulda made it!
4e9720a294917addea3c2be016041c43.jpg

Then sometimes we just pick um whole
ab83d611d422a6528b1abc8157306e5e.jpg

Got off to a late start. Then the pickup called it quits on the highway. Towing company was pretty quick to respond even with the horrible weather. Finally got to start messing with the chipper. Changed filters and fluids. Flipped the blades. Now time to sleep so I can go plow snow at 3 am

The crew at this country club was going to make the cut, looked like a candidate for this so I convinced them to let me make the drop. Good fun. Some say to use a plunge cut to prevent a barber chair, I don't like the idea, opinions?
What did the country club crew say about your experience? ??

Three different trucks and a loader. Not the same truck to specify. All of the batteries were over three years old. They all just colluded to go at once.

Three different trucks and a loader. Not the same truck to specify. All of the batteries were over three years old. They all just colluded to go at once.
**** the only batteries I've seen replaced so far are two chipper batteries. all trucks are now 5+ years on current batteries and show no signs of decline

I went through that last winter, 4 batterys. 2 trucks , bobcat and chipper. All within 2 week's time. I Allways use Napa battery.

You know what? Me too. My mom made gives me old issues of Consumer Reports and I saw they had a review of car/truck batteries where the napa brand was the second top performer and best buy. They out performed interstate and optima batteries and were almost half the cost.

Have had good luck with Interstates so far, had to recharge a couple but they were fine after that. Guy at the Interstate place gives me a pretty good deal too. Left my last optima that was 3 years old in the truck I sold this year, should have kept it but didn't have an extra the same size.

Come to think of it, did have to get a warranty replacement once so far.

The crew at this country club was going to make the cut, looked like a candidate for this so I convinced them to let me make the drop. Good fun. Some say to use a plunge cut to prevent a barber chair, I don't like the idea, opinions?

Very impressive!

You know what? Me too. My mom made gives me old issues of Consumer Reports and I saw they had a review of car/truck batteries where the napa brand was the second top performer and best buy. They out performed interstate and optima batteries and were almost half the cost.
My good buddy owns a Napa and refuses to sell their batteries. He says they are junk. He sells crown and interstate. Crowns aren't bad, but I've been spending the extra money and buying interstate. I bought 4 batteries last year.

I've had two napa batteries in other equipment and they failed within the warranty time. Maybe they are better now, who knows.

Latest posts

Back