whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. One of my favorite places on earth! Next time your there you should go check out some of our stumps at the Lodge. The one by the laundry is the biggest.
I saw some of the stumps, those are big Cedars. I was there in January for work. Post some pics of the removals. Some of the trees in creeks on the other side of the highway are goofy big, 6-8ft+ dbh. Did you paddle when it was at 6 feet or so in early Feb? I almost drove up.

Getting started on a E. White pine removal.
8962811bf27fa82a9b4c17d5b627b1a4.jpg

a747c9472ef131759aa8a83760bedc2b.jpg

3 hrs later...

40eb8b425346a944cc35fb7840ca39d6.jpg

b62da40bb413373e63556aa324041a6a.jpg

Was that pine dead or declining? Not much foliage in that pic. Hope you didn't have any angry motorists pissed you closed that road off.
Thankfully this one wasn't completely dead, just getting there.

We do it all the time in this area...no way not too. Wasn't too bad till the garbage truck showed up....which we blocked out the day before on another road here. So I had to quickly help them drag trash to their truck. I had said I'd move and let them through...but they didn't want to drive around the block (only certain ways big trucks can turn in on these roads). They wanted to just leave the trash...I said that can't happen because we have a storm coming, and the association would blame me.

Thankfully this one wasn't completely dead, just getting there.

We do it all the time in this area...no way not too. Wasn't too bad till the garbage truck showed up....which we blocked out the day before on another road here. So I had to quickly help them drag trash to their truck. I had said I'd move and let them through...but they didn't want to drive around the block (only certain ways big trucks can turn in on these roads). They wanted to just leave the trash...I said that can't happen because we have a storm coming, and the association would blame me.
Next time call the co and tell them you were were working and had the road blocked and the driver did not want to go around the block while you got out of the way and the driver told u to f off and said f the garbage... he'll be back within minutes!

Next time call the co and tell them you were were working and had the road blocked and the driver did not want to go around the block while you got out of the way and the driver told u to f off and said f the garbage... he'll be back within minutes!
If it was just them, I would have...maybe (same company does my trash too).

This association is one of my biggest clients. All the work is time and material, and pretty much anything I see that needs done I can just do it. I can't risk making them mad at me.

It wasn't a lot of trash...just the stuff in front of my truck, and down a couple pathways

Being the pool guy sucks. Don't let the fancy brochures fool you. Its a tough gig indeed. And the winters are even worse. Just saying. Maybe a decent job for a sociopath, or some other kind of freak, but not a generally well meaning treeguy. No way in hell. Just saying.

More snow and more on the way. I tell myself someday it will end. Starting to honestly wonder.

I hate garbage men. I was delivering some wood last year and had one wheelbarrow load left and he comes up just pis**d off and couldnt wait 5 minutes for us to finish or he could of backed up. next thing i know im driving and hes blockin another road

Most of ours are good however there are the token dbags. Just like there are the token dbag inconvinced homeowners. We block lots of roads and lots of driveways we try and get cars moved out of drives blocked by crane and bucket but if only the chipper truck is blocking we dont try to hard on moving those cars. I don't mind the ones who say hey I gotta leave in 10 mins or are nice about things but the ones who are all you f'ers are blocking me what are u gonna do about it I start being a **** right back. My fav is when the retards drive through or I should say over my cones at the end of the block across the road and demand I move the trucks blocking the road. Really now do u think I'm really going to listen to u? I really pissed this one guy off good I just picked up my out riggers on the crane there was plenty of room to drive a car through but we were still working so I try to turn the guy around since he came through the cones
he's all I can make it i know I can I told him I don't think your gonna he starts rolling I'm like hold on a sec so I put my out riggers back out half way, he really liked that. oh did the go fukurselves start coming out. Then there's the you should notify us people... i have a contract with your town i remove 200+ trees a year from your town what am i going to do send a letter to every single person? Hell your cable guy can come inside our cones and park in front of your house to do there work you are not even close to our work this one chick came cursing me out because she had contractors coming, I'm like ok?? Well how can they get to my house? My response "just like your dumb ass did when u ran over my cone, is it still under your car?" Now we are getting the you are butchering my tree people.. best is when I've only removed dead wood from it. I'm like people I'm not getting paid to over trim your parkway tree I get paid to make sure there is no big dead wood and raise it over the street and sidewalk then clear street lights nothing more I assure u I want to do as little work as possible

I need a good retard to yell at, hope I get one tomorrow.

That reminds of this one time we were working in a neighborhood and had all the trucks and one of our workers decides to park on the other side right across the little road just enough so a car could squeese through and this one chick comes rolling up in her caddy just flibbing out telling us there isnt enough room to get through and u dont have permision just a bunch of crab i pretty much told her we started the job already and we arent moving until we are done.(i would of been glad to move if she was a little nicer). Next thing i know a cop rolled up and we told them the story and he was totally fine with it and told the lady she cant be calling for stupid reasons like this

I had to call on a guy cause he refused to move his car the windows were cracked and it was right next to the chipper truck I said **** it let's work around it but we noticed there was a dog in the car... so we didn't want to kill the poor thing turns out it wasn't his car is was a very attractive much younger ladies car can u say hooker? Lol

So far this things bad ass. The pulling and crushing power are tremendous. Haven't had to use the down pressure bar yet if the feed roller gets it it's over. Haven't had to back anything out or try to reposition to get it to go through. I'll make some videos when we get into nicer weather. 160hp does alot better than I thought it would. Deffinetly notice the fuel difference tho between the 120 deere didn't think it would make much of a difference. We put a good bit of 15" material through it now it has 8 hours on it wanna be done with tightening belts.

Only thing is the winch set from the factory was much weaker we had to mess with the valve hopefully that takes care of it.
20150226_152052_zpskqwawz3o.jpg

Back