whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Jeff says, " it was a beautiful day" I think he is just saying he is glad he didn't get burnt up in wildfires, stove under a mudslide, pulled down in an earthquake, shot dead in traffic, or his boss didn't call him at 3am to tell him the company is being sued and that he better get down to the courthouse and start talking.

It was a 'for real' beautiful day!
Jeff :)

It snowed a few inches here last night so it was a slushy but otherwise nice workday. First job we removed a couple of small backleaner willows and a dead 50' Swedish aspen. I set up a 2:1 to pull them which was plenty with 2 guys. The aspen just fit in the yard, which saved a lot of time. Second job I climbed a 40' Siberian elm over a fence and house. Removal went smoothly and only needed a few branches lowered. Pic of snow at our yard this morning:
20151111_075121.jpg

Lots of little things. The biggest two issues are the hood is too god-damned big because of all the pollution control stuffed under it, so the visibility sucks, and the curl function on the loader doesn't have nearly the balls of the old one. Thankfully the lower cylinders are as strong, or a hair stronger than the old one, so it gets it done. But curling logs that big to adjust when loading are a thing of the past with this machine. I have to adjust the angle before I lift stuff that big now. Whatever, its a new, clean piece of equipment.. I'm getting used to it. Everything good has to change. Sign of the times I guess.

Lots of little things. The biggest two issues are the hood is too god-damned big because of all the pollution control stuffed under it, so the visibility sucks, and the curl function on the loader doesn't have nearly the balls of the old one. Thankfully the lower cylinders are as strong, or a hair stronger than the old one, so it gets it done. But curling logs that big to adjust when loading are a thing of the past with this machine. I have to adjust the angle before I lift stuff that big now. Whatever, its a new, clean piece of equipment.. I'm getting used to it. Everything good has to change. Sign of the times I guess.
would it do better with a set of forks paul?

Worked more on making a mess today. Got a guy coming with a tracked bobcat with grapples hope he can make sense of it....image.jpeg

That's Darkman. He's been kicking around here on and off for like 16 years. If I haven't killed him yet, I'd say his odds are pretty good. Lol.

Oh yeah! the Darkman! Jesus,things are coming back around. Well I bet he is happy as all Hell to be running around trying to keep up with that tractor.

Tonight on the A -Team they were fighting against a corrupt logger's union. Hannibel was up a Fir one handing a Stihl and I really think it was actually him and not his stunt double.

It snowed a few inches here last night so it was a slushy but otherwise nice workday. First job we removed a couple of small backleaner willows and a dead 50' Swedish aspen. I set up a 2:1 to pull them which was plenty with 2 guys. The aspen just fit in the yard, which saved a lot of time. Second job I climbed a 40' Siberian elm over a fence and house. Removal went smoothly and only needed a few branches lowered. Pic of snow at our yard this morning:
20151111_075121.jpg
What's Keith up too?

Drove home from Expo today. Would have liked to stay longer, but have more work to get to from last weeks wind storm.
Took an EHAP class as well as Mark Chisholm "working with cranes" presentation.
Trade show was great at usual.

Back