whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Dave.
I took down these two leaning Pines on the lake last weekend. Looks like just in time too. With this warmer weather this year and the thinner ice this season, I think I would have missed my window of opportunity to get it done.
We had about a foot of snow a few days before I did this work. The extra weight of the snow caused quite a few slushy spots. Thankfully a buddy has an ATV on tracks and we were able to drag the brush and logs to a nearby boat ramp for chipping and removal.
a3e6b572faab886c85cd4a99f6c32fc2.jpg
ca961b3815616e92be9c9f3f6f98e373.jpg
0038dcf6f5103cd8fa6bc23a8051be9f.jpg

@ Chuck - despite rubber boots, clothes still get wet...feels like wearing bunker gear trudging up and down the damn slope. I do appreciate my Honda capstan winch for these kinda jobs.
The slush makes for a nasty cleanup of a thousand little twigs. I've had three days this week of the uphill drudgery.
Too old for this!

Gossip:

Jeff ripped the tip of his finger off pulling a hitch pin. He is soaking it in salt and bleach at the moment and will be back to telling everybody what to do first thing Monday morning.

Do you have to completely disassemble a 200 to replace the muffler or can you just slide it in?

Nevermind, I got the muffler sorted, forgive me, its been awhile and I mean, its a Stihl, it rarely needs worked on. I will say that the smell coming from the saw's nether regions was reminiscent of a whooped up old VW motor.

But I have another question: Can you go blind from the influenza? My eyeballs have been aching the last few days, its tough to focus on little things and I keep thinking I see little apparitions in my peripherals.

I have been trying to move this heap on horse crap from the one corner of my tennis court. Everytime I start I get distracted and I only have a little bucket on the loader. I wanted to get on it last week but I got sick then there was that raccoon, then, all the sudden its the weekend and I am driving the kid around and I had to help build a gymnastics meet last night and I'm sore from that so today I went up there for a few hours and noticed every time I tried to put a bucket load on the dump truck I smashed into the sides of the truck and the ground felt wobbly and gooey when I walked.

I gotta say this ****ing horse farm, well, you would never think it but its ****ing, uh, um, I dunno, a wet dream? Not only do I have a lovely tennis court to park my junk on but they let me dump my undesirables there. Down in this hollow, before I got there, it was an old dumping ground for the residents, there's old furniture and couches from tenants long past. I went in there and pushed it all back, filled it up, pushed it back and am filling it up again.

Guess how much? Well, I shouldn't brag less they raise the rent. I love it out there, kinda want to save one of the old mattresses from the camper and just live there.

Gossip:

Jeff ripped the tip of his finger off pulling a hitch pin. He is soaking it in salt and bleach at the moment and will be back to telling everybody what to do first thing Monday morning.

Do you have to completely disassemble a 200 to replace the muffler or can you just slide it in?

So you want more info?,,,,,ok, I had a bad day,,,
Want some pic's?,,,not a hitch pin, pal,,,
We were loading a stump grinder into the trailer and I noticed that the trailer was not hooked up to the truck and did not want to see the trailer do a wheelie,,,
This is a heavy duty trailer. Just before he was ready to drive up the grinder, I stopped him so I could hook up to the ball on the truck. I had a groundie help me lift the tongue and my hand slipped just as the receiver came down on the ball,,,,,,,,,
my ring finger got caught between them and the pain almost made me black out,,
Really guy's,,, I wear my man-suit even when I sleep,
I messed up and crushed my ring finger,,woo woo
I will be fine,, after 38 years, I got it,, here are some pic's,,,
20160312_132418.jpg 20160312_132418.jpg

We were loading a stump grinder into the trailer and I noticed that the trailer was not hooked up to the truck and did not want to see the trailer do a wheelie,,,
This is a heavy duty trailer. Just before he was ready to drive up the grinder, I stopped him so I could hook up to the ball on the truck. I had a groundie help me lift the tongue and my hand slipped just as the receiver came down on the ball,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 491605 View attachment 491605

It will grow back. Not for anybody else, just you.

All joking aside: If it were up to me I would write you up for trying to lift the trailer tongue. To me, it seems like a haphazard thing to do. I know, you're thinking " its just a quick thing and will done. What's the harm?"

That is the same mentality when a branch gets stuck in the chipper so one guy cuts while another holds.

Seriously, what are doing trying to manhandle and heavy duty trailer? You can't be teaching your subordinates that is the way to do things.

And you should take your ring to the place you bought it so they can heat it up and resize it.

View attachment 491605 View attachment 491605
Jeff20160312_132524.jpg

It will grow back. Not for anybody else, just you.

All joking aside: If it were up to me I would write you up for trying to lift the trailer tongue. To me, it seems like a haphazard thing to do. I know, you're thinking " its just a quick thing and will done. What's the harm?"

That is the same mentality when a branch gets stuck in the chipper so one guy cuts while another holds.

Seriously, what are doing trying to manhandle and heavy duty trailer? You can't be teaching your subordinates that is the way to do things.

And you should take your ring to the place you bought it so they can heat it up and resize it.

Yup, you are right,,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back