whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I am saying son...as the ash diminish in quantity and he bids on jobs and other companies use you and GET THOSE JOBS...around here we call that stealing a job from him. You wouldn't get that as you aren't a tree guy...even tho you like the way they smell.

The other blather from your post is taken out of context. The reference to rock stars was the drastically higher per job payment in some scenarios. Pay attention Dummy.
I’m not a dummy, I’m a racist, remember? And I don’t steal anybodys work. Around here there’s plenty of other work besides ash trees. Everyone is busy and will continue to be.

Ever consider the possibility that after 52 successful years in the business and still going full bore ...I MAY HAVE "GREATNESS"? Think it over Lasagna. If you handle ANY job and NEVER make a mistake...well...you add it up dichface. Can't ever remember a day I wasn't striving for it. You too old and brokedown to even try anymore.
Doing just fine, with a full schedule thank you. You jusr can’t stop bragging, can you?

Ever consider the possibility that after 52 successful years in the business and still going full bore ...I MAY HAVE "GREATNESS"? Think it over Lasagna. If you handle ANY job and NEVER make a mistake...well...you add it up dichface. Can't ever remember a day I wasn't striving for it. You too old and brokedown to even try anymore.
Dave if you say you have been in business for 52 years and never made a mistake, you are a rare business owner.

Back in the early 80's here the absolute biggest crane you could rent (not sub) was a 17 tonner. Few and almost no crane companies did tree work. I got many of them into it when I moved here from NJ and had done it there in early 70's.

It is hardly an "entry level" crane. It is my 4th crane having prior a 12 ton, a 15 ton and a 17 ton. This REAR MOUNT 105' reach without the 45' jib on, 25 ton capacity crane with no man cab which I didn't want is ideal for tree work and no need to get in and out of the cab. Way less worries about crushed driveways. Not much I can't do with it beside boom over houses where I sub as my vids have shown. The large crane company owner (one of 4 I use) who I sub his 90 ton crane has repeatedly asked me to sell it to him whenever I want.

I could teach even a stooge like Classlessadei to operate it using the Sena headsets. Huge money maker. You timid types too skeered to get or operate a crane should get a lawn service going.

Crane purchase and any repairs/ maintenance is "a total write off expense". :dizzy:
In todays world, it is an entry level crane. Handy but entry level

Went and hung out with a buddy today, lol

3d547ccf513ae870745fd5407eac3807.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The thing with cranes around here, and this was discussed in an old thread from 7 or 8 years back, is the POA's won't let you bring them in. I have to get permits in some to even bring in a 60ft bucket truck.

In todays world, it is an entry level crane. Handy but entry level
If something is "handy" then how can it also be "entry level"? Is an ms 150 stihl or a ms200 entry level because there is an ms880? Nothing I can't do with that crane that I can set up near. Maybe if I was setting trusses all day or putting air conditioner units on roofs like you probably do most days I might go bigger but I don't feel a need to.....

Ain't there any Truss Forums you can migrate off to?

Commercial Tree Care and Climbing

This forum is sponsored by
bearcatSM.gif

This Forum is for ____experienced tree climbers____. Ask beginner or new to the business questions in the Arborist 101 Forum. Visit our forum sponsor HERE....

.....I don't think you meet this description to be in this forum or be on MY thread son. Ever climb a tree (I want pictures lol)?

Dave if you say you have been in business for 52 years and never made a mistake, you are a rare business owner.
Again you are fking with my posts. Didn't say I haven't made mistakes...said I don't make mistakes..anymore. That is where one wants to evolve to isn't it.? That is where I am at..I think.

That thing is like a giant extendable pole chainsaw isn't it?
Yea, in that pic he grabbed a 40 foot horizontal limb that was 4 to 6 feet over the roof snipped it off zero movement and snuck it out. It was doable with a bucket but would have been a major pain a lot of cut and toss due to the proximity of the roof and lack of a landing zone. Merlo took 5 mins

Amazing. And no crane or knuckle would get in and set up and out of there. I love that thing. Thanks for posting. Sorry for busting your chops all the time but it is pretty much mutual if you know what I mean.

If something is "handy" then how can it also be "entry level"? Is an ms 150 stihl or a ms200 entry level because there is an ms880? Nothing I can't do with that crane that I can set up near. Maybe if I was setting trusses all day or putting air conditioner units on roofs like you probably do most days I might go bigger but I don't feel a need to.....

bearcatSM.gif

This Forum is for ____experienced tree climbers____. Ask beginner or new to the business questions in the Arborist 101 Forum. Visit our forum sponsor HERE....

.....I don't think you meet this description to be in this forum or be on MY thread son. Ever climb a tree (I want pictures lol)?
excellent deflection. Told you what I thought, not suitable for most of my tree customers. Works for you,that’s all that matters. Never climbed a tree, had no desire.

bearcatSM.gif

Ya probably should throw me off dave, but you would have one less person to call names and ridicule. Somewhat defeats your purpose of being on here!
just a picture from today. nothing out of the ordinary. 105' radius, 3500#picks. there's your picture dave.(first and only picture i have posted)

Attachments

• IMG_3767 copy.jpg
    IMG_3767 copy.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 59
I looked at getting one of those. Too much of a pain in the butt getting from job to job
I'll just say it rides on a deck over with a gvw of 68k.... so either it goes on a lowboy/semi or you have overweight permits... the combination that currently pulls it weighs in at 105k lol

Latest posts

Back