What’s your handiest tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have a knife and a flashlight on me. I use them at work especially the flash light so it just kind of became a habit. Typically I use a kershaw knife as their decent and cheap at around 20-30 bucks so I’m not afraid to actually use it. I have a lot of flashlights but my favorite is the nitecore mt-10c. It’s the best bang for the buck one I’ve found. It out performs 100 dollar lights.

I purchased two of the Braun folding lights from Harbor Freight when they went on sale for $19.99. I also purchased four more 18650 batteries and a four bank charger. I can place one above and one below where I'm working and light up the entire area and just swap batteries all day. They fold and have magnetic bases so they are really versatile. Surprisingly, getting good light in a work area without shadows is extremely difficult when performing intricate work on a helicopter. Guys at work have spent tons of money on expensive lights and they are all "wow'd" by my $100 setup. If I break one or drop it in a bucket of oil no sweat I'd just grab another. Of all the super duper cool tools I have at work, I'd say the lights are the handiest.

After thinking through this for a bit. There is something I use almost everyday.

It's my 4 wheel gorilla cart.

Weather it's hauling recyclables and trash up the road to the cans.
Hauling a saw, or 2 with gas/oil/wedges/helmet/chaps to a tree.
Attaching to the back of my tractor or lawn tractor.
Moving firewood up to the house.
Accompanying me on picking up fallen sticks/branches in the yard.

My regular wheelbarrow sits unused most of the year.

If this was to quit working i would close my shop and go instantly and get another.
I am EXACTLY the same way ,, except THIS would cause me to close the shop!! :crazy2:

maxresdefault.jpg

My handiest tool would be the triple end 40’ retracting power cord reel I have hanging in the center of the garage ceiling. No matter what I’m doing, or where in the garage I am, I have 3 sockets available to me. Reach, pull, plug in and go. When done, retract and it is gone. Never look for a plug or an extension cord, never constrained by cord length, never trip over a cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My handiest tool would be the triple end 40’ retracting power cord reel I have hanging in the center of the garage ceiling. No matter what I’m doing, or where in the garage I am, I have 3 sockets available to me. Reach, pull, plug in and go. When done, retract and it is gone. Never look for a plug or an extension cord, never constrained by cord length, never trip over a cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must be the kind of person that actually puts things away when you’re done with them. :cool::p

I have gobs of outlets all over my shop, including a ceiling mounted triple, and never seem to have enough.

Back