What 028 Carb do I need?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd460

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is the number (or model, or type, etc.) of the the Walbro carb that I need for a Stihl 028 Super?

I know the Tillotson HU is for the standard bore 028, but from what I understand, 3 different carbs were available, and I would like to try and locate one of the carbs that came with the larger displacement 028's. From what I have read, the larger carbs that came on the 028's are the Walbro.

So, I want to do a "carb and pipes" modification to my 028. It was originally a 42mm bore, and is now a 46mm bore, so I feel a carb and pipes will really help thing outs. Just need to know which carb to search for/get. Thanks, KD

(lone cricket noise in the back ground)

Anybody know what type of carb is found on an 028 farmboss or a super so I can start looking for one?

Found a few numbers, but not sure if they are the right ones or the differences.

Walbro wt16, wt16b, k20 wat ???

(lone cricket noise in the back ground)

Anybody know what type of carb is found on an 028 farmboss or a super so I can start looking for one?

Found a few numbers, but not sure if they are the right ones or the differences.

Walbro wt16, wt16b, k20 wat ???

k20 wat is the carb kit part number....

The results you are looking for will likely not be obtained by a carb change.

Do a search, or post a thread on 028 mods........

Actually I search the 028 threads fairly often. This is what led me to the question.

I read a post describing the different carbs for the av, the farmboss and the super. From what I read, a reference was made that the tillotson was the smallest bore, and the walbros were larger, for the larger displacement 028's.

So my natural thought process is, I have a super cylinder with the smaller tillotson carb, so maybe I would get gains (move more air) by switching out the carb and doing a muffler mod.

From what your telling me (fish), the carb swap will not help anything?

Scooterbum, thanks for the confirmation.

I still plan on doing to do the muffler mod.

Thanks for the info/replies. KD

I don't know about the gains, as the Stihl parts lookups do not get too specific, and just supercede to whatever is still available.

Exploring the Walbro site, you might find a carb with a bigger bore, and
swap out the throotle and choke rods, so the linkages will work ok.

I will plink around with that.

Back