What A Stihl/toro Dealer Did

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbgorecom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a STIHL 025 chainsaw for $35 from a guy who lives outside the city (small farm). Guy told me it came with the farm. said he took it to a stihl dealer in town to get it fixed up. dealer told him the piston was seized. Saw was no good, cost more to fix, and he had to buy a new one. not knowing about stihl being a good saw, went to another dealer and bought a husqvarna. I took the saw home, pulled on the rope real slow, engine turned over no problem. took 0ff the muffler, no score marks. took the saw completely apart. nothing wrong except dirty carburetor. couple days later my neighbor comes over want to know if I can help him find parts for his 22HP toro riding lawnmower. Same dealer told him they don't make that engine anymore, so there are no parts available. said he had to buy a new lawnmower. Kohler engine, parts are still available.
This is really crappy what this dealer is doing. Telling people there stuff is no good, selling new, then cleaning up trade in and selling that too. There should be a BLACK LIST somewhere to put these dealers names there. Of course the distributor/factory doesn't care because they are selling the new stuff for them.

Just venting my feelings
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

jbgorecom:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Another rob, cheat, and STIHL dealer with no ethics, seems to be a pattern here...glad your farmer firend ended up at a Husqvarna dealer, they'll take care of him.

Scott

I'm not a stihl fan for my own personal reasons, but I do believe there are good and bad dealers given just about any brand. There are members here that have convinced me that some stihl dealers are incredible (Thall, Andy, and others) and make the whole stihl/dealer connection make sense. Unfortunately they're not located near me, so I can't share the appreciation.

I think what will speak loudest regarding stihl as a whole will be the result if these unreputable dealer's actions are reported. If stihl cracks down and forces them to change their ways, then my confidence in stihls marketing plan may improve. If stihl allows dealers to behave in such manner with no consequences, that's another story.

Dan

Last edited:
That will get some action............

LOL...I love reading the replies from all of you guys. It reminds me of work...if you aren't getting your balls busted, with some high quality scarcasm, then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong!:cheers:

I just shake my head at some of the dealer behavior that members report here. Is business that good that these guys can afford to treat customers like that? Could it be that these dealers are so inept that they really believe what they are saying to customers? Maybe these guys are just playing a game trying to see how much they can mess with a customer and get away with it...

I consider myself lucky that the dealers I frequent know me by my first name and I know their's. They always have an answer for my question even if the answer is "I don't know, let me get back to you." They are also willing to share their mistakes so others can learn.

It is wrong to use a public forum to voice personal grievances against any equipment dealer. If you have a complaint, please call the corporate office and/or the district representative for the given equipment brand. I am sure they will be happy to take your complaint and will quickly resolve any issue with a dealer that is giving poor service to their valued customers and giving their products a bad name. Again, Arborist Site is not your personal soapbox! Please take your whining elsewhere!

I don't consider it whining when I brought up about what a dealer did. I got a good deal on a saw that was supposedly not any good. Unless of course you work for the dealer in mention.

jbgorecom

I forgot to mention I don't own a soapbox, nor do I know where to get one.

Last edited:
It is wrong to use a public forum to voice personal grievances against any equipment dealer. If you have a complaint, please call the corporate office and/or the district representative for the given equipment brand. I am sure they will be happy to take your complaint and will quickly resolve any issue with a dealer that is giving poor service to their valued customers and giving their products a bad name. Again, Arborist Site is not your personal soapbox! Please take your whining elsewhere!

Are you kidding????:confused: I guess alot changes overnight.....:dizzy:
I was waiting for the "no whining" comments, but I didn't expect it from you.

Last edited:
Another rob, cheat, and STIHL dealer

Just kidding. A little knee jerk reacion to the "XP" thread and the Stihl lovefest that ensued. Cheers!

scott

Maybe so but it lets others in the same area that may be useing that same dealer know his tactics.May have been burned the same way and didn't know it.

That's not your call last time I checked.

I can see you're not from Illinois, what you got a guilty conscience.
:popcorn:

My Stihl dealer (who I bought my $50 041AV from) is a star - I go in to get a new plug as a spare, he says "Hold on a second, I got one in the other day and the plug looks new".
Goes out the back, takes out the plug, blasts it in one of those plug cleaners and gives it to me free.
Same guy - I went in with a VERY worn chain, looking for a new one. He says he probably has one on a saw. 10 minutes later, comes out with a lightly used chain, which he'd just sharpened for me, and wouldn't take a penny.
I make sure to keep my face known there, and buy something even if I don't need it - even a bottle of 2T mix oil.
Knows how to keep his customers.
There is a dealer literally half a mile from my house, the one near the cabin is a 5 hour round trip - but I know who I'll be buying a brand new saw from if I ever need one. Even if it means making the trip just to buy the saw.

This is not just about stihl dealers. It's about dealers who take advantage of homeowners or whomever who do not know how saws work. Every saw sold should have this forum website listed in the manual. That way they can at least read about some of the problems and fix's, And also ask questions here. But then there are the one's who never read the manual anyway.

Nothing like giving a guy a shovel to dig his own grave, that's me.

jbgorecom:censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Can you imagine? Every saw bought would have an owner on here straight away saying "What the ####? I thought this was a good saw, half of you guys say it's awesome, half say it's junk! I'm gonna go back to my Wild Thing..." :D

Every saw sold should have this forum website listed in the manual.

This is not just about stihl dealers. It's about dealers who take advantage of homeowners or whomever who do not know how saws work. Every saw sold should have this forum website listed in the manual. That way they can at least read about some of the problems and fix's, And also ask questions here. But then there are the one's who never read the manual anyway.

Nothing like giving a guy a shovel to dig his own grave, that's me.

jbgorecom:censored: :censored: :censored:

After what you said about that dealer taking advantage of you. Well I think I would be looking around for a new place to take your business to.

Latest posts

Back