What are the most valuable collector saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning all you long lost souls.
So I'd post more pictures in here if people would enjoy seeing some saws that I would personally consider slightly rare and historical to the chainsaw history in Europe and North America. But it seems some think that posting such saws is bragging or makes certain people jealous to the point of a meltdown. So my question to those reading this how many would like to see some old kettensägen, motorsagen or aka vintage chainsaws? 🤔
This forum is supposed to be for sharing, and, while it's true that there are a few that need attention so badly that they need to constantly disparage others, I think that the less-noisy majority would appreciate seeing pictures of some truly uncommon saws. Thank you for being willing to share.

Thanks for the photos Floyd, you certainly have some unique models.

I have this Comet Diesel in the display, I've never tried to run it.

20200219_152829.jpg

I also recently acquired this Jonsereds XD, not a runner and not all original but still a nice collector piece.

20240227_113054.jpg

Not all that rare, and not considered collectable by most, but I have some pretty unique "McCulloch" models that were part of a batch of saws Oregon was using for chain testing some years back.

How about a Timber Bear 849? This was one of the Jenn Feng McCulloch models.

20240327_142305.jpg

This one only says "Electrolux McCulloch Italy"...

20240328_082837.jpg

20240328_082827.jpg

Mark

Bill
This is MacDaddy
Give me a call 530 927 9827
Hello Mike,
I will be giving you a ring in a night or so. Tonight Illinois is playing Iowa State in the tournament so I might be busy listening to that.

Those are really intriguing! Who made the engines, and what was the displacement?
I have absolutely no factual information on the turbomatic chainsaw. One can only go from the story behind it. I can't tell you for certain who made any part on this particular project saw. Far as I know no paper trail of any sort has surfaced, hopefully something will in the future.

Story goes that the guy that was involved in building these was a employee at iel chainsaw factory. Some say he had all the parts made and was assembling them in his basement and then getting them out for testing. Rumor has it they failed the test because slippage was accruing once the fluid for the fluid drive got to hot. Project was then terminated and I've been told less than 100 were built as well as less than 50.

Back