what are you paying for synthetic 2 stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsc sells the Husky Low smoke semi-synthetic 6.4 oz makes 2.5 gal 50:1 for $2.65 per bottle

Here's our price on Husqvarna XP Oil
XP Professional Performance 2-Cycle Oil 6.4oz 6-Pack

Husqvarna%20XP%206.4%20Oil-2T.jpg

Reg Price: $12.99
Amick's Price: $8.99
You Save $4.00!

Product Code: HUSQVARNA XP 6.4 OIL
610 00 01-31 6.4 oz bottle (for 2.5 gal. mix) 6-Pack Our newest and best formulation to date is the "XP Professional Performance" 2-cycle lubricant. It is a synthetic blend designed for tough, professional usage. * Handles high loads at tough professional usage *Excellent lubricating properties *Lowers engine operating temperature * Less coating on the piston and in crankcase * Extends the engine's life * Provides longer service intervals * Low to medium smoke emission * Includes fuel stabilizer. (Silver Bottle)

In the UK Castrol synthetic 2T is £11.49 (about $22.40) for a litre which is a little over a quart!

Bargain :censored:

Mobil 1 is harder to find, but about the same price.

To be brutually honest... I just grab it and toss it on the counter and pay the man whatever rings up.

I've never shopped around for oil...

Then again, all I have ever used is Stihl oil...

Gary

To be brutually honest... I just grab it and toss it on the counter and pay the man whatever rings up.

Gary

That's my philosophy on a lot of things in life. My time is worth more than hunting and hunting and hunting to save $.26.

My favorite is when people spend and extra $6-9 in gas to save a buck at a store further away :laugh:

Gary, ya got into yet another oil thread! lol
$11.49 for six - one gal mix/ bottle pack of Ultra here.....same opinion....heard it's good,just bought it and use it.

Gary, ya got into yet another oil thread! lol
$11.49 for six - one gal mix/ bottle pack of Ultra here.....same opinion....heard it's good,just bought it and use it.

Don't you realize by now that people love oil!!!!

People love:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Oil do a lot of good the the engine.

Oil releaf constipation also:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just surrender to it and enjoy!!!

LONG LIVE THE OIL

The quest and fervor of the oil crusade marches on! Will there ever be a conclusion to this pursuit? LOL

Last edited:
I run Castrol GO Snow, I get it locally for $4.69 a quart. I don't think Castrol makes it anymore though...

Mobil 2T

Seems to me that of all the oils Mobil 2T was or what is left of it is cheaper than most or all of the other synthetics. Too bad it's discontinued! I stockpiled about 6 cases of it, plus what I had gotten at autozone previously! Have yet to find a cleaner burning oil. Great stuff!

The quest and fervor of the oil crusade marches on! Will there ever be a conclusion to this pursuit? LOL

NO!!!!:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The forum provider won't want it any other way!!!

Won't it be funny if it turn out that all the different oils are just the same two or three oils that package in different labels.......Snake A, Snake B, Snake C...... And we are here duking it out!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Don't laugh, If you read most of the threads, you will find all the different oils have people swear by each of them. When I ask people to tell me which oil is bad, after all the fighting and 20 plus replies.......Not a single name came up!!!! What does that tell us?

But the fight goes on!!!!!!

Last edited:
NO!!!!: The forum provider won't want it any other way!!!

Won't it be funny if it turn out that all the different oils are just the same two or three oils that package in different labels.......Snake A, Snake B, Snake C...... And we are here duking it out!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Don't laugh, If you read most of the threads, you will find all the different oils have people swear by each of them. When I ask people to tell me which oil is bad, after all the fighting and 20 plus replies.......Not a single name came up!!!! What does that tell us?

This a distinct possibility...except for STIHL Ultra...my personal brand...it's definitely authentic! LOL

I think that the second highlight is going to require a much more in depth analysis of this topic! So far we have all only just scratched the surface...I mean we really need to take a deep look into this question regarding oil! Yungman, perhaps you and Gas71 can initiate the study...Gas is actually quite adament about these oil threads and they are a staple of his existence here on AS! The oil question must be answered! :hmm3grin2orange:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

NO!!!!:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The forum provider won't want it any other way!!!

BUZZ KILLER!

This a distinct possibility...except for STIHL Ultra...my personal brand...it's definitely authentic! LOL

I think that the second highlight is going to require a much more in depth analysis of this topic! So far we have all only just scratched the surface...I mean we really need to take a deep look into this question regarding oil! Yungman, perhaps you and Gas71 can initiate the study...Gas is actually quite adament about these oil threads and they are a staple of his existence here on AS! The oil question must be answered! :hmm3grin2orange:
QUOTE]

What this site need is to create a new forum catagory: OIL the dead horse forum. Just like this Chainsaw Forum. Anyone want to talk about oil, post over there. People can feel safe to talk about oil all they want. You are allow to swear, argue over there, and the most important is you are encourage to :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: and more:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

If you feel fisty that day, go over there and let off some steam!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Poulan Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil 40:1

Poulan Synthetic 2 stroke oil --> Wally World ~ $7.00 for 19.6 oz, (makes 6 gallons @ 40:1). The label says HOP, (Husqvarna Outdoor Products). :smoking:

:

A fine statement indeed friend,albeit with a hint of sarcasm deep within the lines of open wit........

Unlike that other guy.....holy crap Jethro whurred u lurn to do yorn talkin?!

I know,I'm an arse.....:hmm3grin2orange:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

I think that the AS threads are getting too dry. We need more oil posts to lubricate this condition. Turn the AS adjustable oiler up to HIGH and lets get slipping along here! Professor 2T will be along to answer all your questions.

Now, in the meantime, which oil should we use on the AS site???? :chainsawguy:

I wanna know!

Latest posts

Back