what boots do you recommend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northwoods18

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok so after a close scrape involving my left foot and my husky 350 i am in the market for chain proof boots (i know, it shoulda been done years ago!) so i was wondering what you "saw-pros" recommend are the rubber saw boots im finding "saw-proof", or should i spend a little more and go with the matterhorns...thanks

Wow Neil, I did something similar to that to my favorite pair of boots. Im 32 and a bit of a cheap ass, my pops is 59 and has NO problem spending money on quality. Sadly a 346 ruined the nicest boots he ever bought me. Luckily the material (kevlar) saved my right foots toes. I showed him the boots, and he shook his head, gave me the "Safety Speech".

people wear so much PPE running saws these days that it has made many of them very sloppy. I can't believe how many brand new boots have hits on them at the end of the first day.:msp_scared:

I agree with the PPE, but it is not there to make up for sloppy technique.....

Good operators' PPE generally shows no impacts for a very long time, unless there is some kind of genuine accident.

We all would have died 30 years ago if we were sloppy wearing NO ppe for days/weeks/years on end. We weren't crazy, we were careful. Always.

Rant over.

I do line clearance tree trimming and have worn just about every major brand as well as a few cheaper brands and have to say when it comes to boots you get what you pay for, that being said my personal favorite are the matterhrorns

I agree with everything above, You get what you pay for this applies to prettty much everything in life " the quality of the product still remains long after the price of the tool is gone" boots, tools, etc. I dont wear the chainsaw boots so I have to rely on someones elses opionion and from what I have read here Matterhorns seem like the way to go. Rant over

Latest posts

Back